Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Newb to airbrushing questions. Sorry guys.... >

Newb to airbrushing questions. Sorry guys....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newb to airbrushing questions. Sorry guys....

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Newb to airbrushing questions. Sorry guys....

Alright guys, picking up my Iwata hp-cs today. I have a compressor at home that im going to regulate and water seperate. This is an extremely stupid question since i cant find the answer anywhere. Im painting my lexan body, i want to use this paint sine is so highly avail at my local h/s. http://hobbyfly.com/en/paint-274/pac...old-12437.html

Im going to shoot this stuff at around 40 psi.

Is this gun right for me? im new to air brushing. Ive read nothing but good things.

Is there a cheaper option?

Would this be better for me just to see if airbrushing is for me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTER-PRO-D...ht_4423wt_1170

Last edited by turbotron; 11-02-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbotron
Alright guys, picking up my Iwata hp-cs today. I have a compressor at home that im going to regulate and water seperate. This is an extremely stupid question since i cant find the answer anywhere. Im painting my lexan body, i want to use this paint sine is so highly avail at my local h/s. http://hobbyfly.com/en/paint-274/pac...old-12437.html

Im going to shoot this stuff at around 40 psi.

Is this gun right for me? im new to air brushing. Ive read nothing but good things.

Is there a cheaper option?

Would this be better for me just to see if airbrushing is for me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTER-PRO-D...ht_4423wt_1170
I started with an airbrush like the master and it is ok, I now have 3 hp-cs brushes and they are a lot better. You cant go wrong with the hp-cs.

25-40psi is a good range for waterbase paint depending on how much you reduce it and if you are painting for coverage or detail.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1967rs
I started with an airbrush like the master and it is ok, I now have 3 hp-cs brushes and they are a lot better. You cant go wrong with the hp-cs.

25-40psi is a good range for waterbase paint depending on how much you reduce it and if you are painting for coverage or detail.
Thanks for the tip, i was going to use faskolor and im painting for coverage.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

use the higher psi for coverage. With faskolor it really depends on the color how much it needs reduced. Pearls and metallic require a lot of reducer some where in the 2-1 or 1-1 area, solid colors around 3-1 to 4-1, transparent will be less, and I don't reduce fluorescents at all. I also recommend the .5mm needle and tip for coverage and all waterbase paintes, the .35 works good for solvent paint and detail work.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default air brush

Hi,
I have used that air brush for the last 6 years, sprayed over 800 bodies. I spray parma faskor with that brush (the pactra is very similiar) I spray at 30-40 PSI for the solids. All the other I spray at 25-30 PSI. I use other air brushes for solvent based paints. For coverage, the Iwata hp-cs eclipse is perfect. I personally have never reduced paint to get it to spray better. I only reduce paint when I custom mix paint colors that I want to be translucent,
hope this helps
caci