Tech Master

on the phone...

Originally posted by Varuth
Where is Data now?
Old 05-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by eddiethefish
on the phone...
Hahaa... This guy need a handfree while he's driving RC.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

not sure where the servo arm is from and its not my car, its a team m8's who is trying it! so far so good
Old 05-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

That's what I thought!

Cartman has better taste when it comes to Photography. The pictures shown previously were not up to Cartman's standard.

best,

Originally posted by Cartman
not sure where the servo arm is from and its not my car, its a team m8's who is trying it! so far so good
Old 05-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

What are the higher and lower gear ratio means?
Old 05-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

higher gear higher speed lower gear lower speed, higher gear less acceleration, lower gear faster acceleration
Old 05-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

I got some stuff on Ebay, tires pipes, etc. Much more to come.
Stefan- Are you leaving us?????
Old 05-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

what a nightmare... having to deal with jerks on ebay...

sigh... why don't they be so kind to fish like all of you here?

Old 05-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

See ed, MTX-3 is too boring. There ain't much to learn or to chat about much. This could be a main reason why stefan is ditching us.

Originally posted by Nitropimp
Stefan- Are you leaving us?????
Old 05-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by eddiethefish
See ed, MTX-3 is too boring. There ain't much to learn or to chat about. This could be a main reason why stefan is ditching us. You'll dearly be missed.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

During my weekend testing I did have problems with the fine pitch gears...

As for being since 1996 in this hobby, I assume that my gear meshing is preety good...
But last weekend I had lost aprox. 4 second gear(.8 module) spurs in one single day...

What I noticed was that the gear box seemed to shift harder than usually... Any comments?

About the rear Diff... I can't imagine myself using 50k oil or something near that... The harder I used was 15k and I had to be veeeeeeery smooth on the throttle... What's the matter with me ?
Old 05-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bandeira

As for being since 1996 in this hobby, I assume that my gear meshing is preety good...
But last weekend I had lost aprox. 4 second gear(.8 module) spurs in one single day...

What I noticed was that the gear box seemed to shift harder than usually... Any comments?

About the rear Diff... I can't imagine myself using 50k oil or something near that... The harder I used was 15k and I had to be veeeeeeery smooth on the throttle... What's the matter with me ?
If it shifts hard, that means your 2 speed shoes are not set properly,

Try this, the thing is your shoes are too far away from the 2speed housing, screw in the set screws(the one control 2 small balls, both equal amount to get the the housing as close as possible. Then if you have done this and it will shift very very smoothly and much more consistant.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

I have not tried the 0.8 gear myself, but a friend of mine uses 1.0 on the first pinion and 0.8 on the second with no problem.

How clean is the track? Could it be a result of small rocks get in between?

As for the diff oil, I do not pay much attention to it. I make sure I have the right ride-height, right spring, right shore on tire, and best of all right minded when driving the car. Stock came as what? 30,000? That's what I use.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Is your engine screws loose? the only time I strip a spur is when the engine mounting screws are loose and the pinion is too worn out!
Old 05-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Ah10
Is your engine screws loose? the only time I strip a spur is when the engine mounting screws are loose and the pinion is too worn out!
The track was kinda dirty, but i took my time to do some cleaning in it...

I set my 2-speed shoes like this: I tighten both central screws until the hole thing goes locked into the second speed housing...
Then I get it a little unscrewed so they don'tget contact with the housing...

On the diff Issue: In all the tracks I've raced ppl are using like 15k diff... I haven't seen anybody using 30k or 50k at those tracks...
I suppose it is the amount of rubber in the floor, as those tracks are not constantly used... But I have to prepare myself for the Worlds on mid-october, so I must know what to do if I the track goes very ''rubbered"

cheers....

PS: By the way, anybody here willing to take part in the Worlds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.