Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Corse-R
Huh???? Converting into the snake world???
I think cartman is going for GP4 instead !
Old 12-31-2003, 03:01 AM
Tech Champion

For those who has battery drainage problem with digital servos.....

This is from Futaba FAQ section:

What can I do to ensure long life of my digital servos?
The number one concern is tight linkages which have absolutely no binding, stiffness, or friction. Because digital servos are always working to hold in position at full strength, if the servo has a point it has to fight in the linkage it will literally burn itself out 'hunting' to try to hold its position. Slop at the neutral position is a very common problem where a standard servo wouldn't notice it but a digital servo will work very hard to try to hold the rod in position and will drain your batteries more quickly and eventually burn up the motor.

and some other FAQ here
Old 12-31-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Manticore
For those who has battery drainage problem with digital servos.....

This is from Futaba FAQ section:

What can I do to ensure long life of my digital servos?
The number one concern is tight linkages which have absolutely no binding, stiffness, or friction. Because digital servos are always working to hold in position at full strength, if the servo has a point it has to fight in the linkage it will literally burn itself out 'hunting' to try to hold its position. Slop at the neutral position is a very common problem where a standard servo wouldn't notice it but a digital servo will work very hard to try to hold the rod in position and will drain your batteries more quickly and eventually burn up the motor.

and some other FAQ here
Interesting......that explains a lot of my troubles with digital throttle servos.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore
I think cartman is going for GP4 instead !

Old 12-31-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Cartman

you still have mugen blood in your body !
Old 12-31-2003, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

car will stay with me!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 11:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Just tested my MTX-3 which i assembled recently, I noticed that the handling was really great and handled well upon entering a corner eventhough after a top speed but a little bit understeer....any advice to increase the steering?
Old 01-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ayzhad
Hi,

Just tested my MTX-3 which i assembled recently, I noticed that the handling was really great and handled well upon entering a corner eventhough after a top speed but a little bit understeer....any advice to increase the steering?
there are a few ways to do it but i recommend to look at the following areas:-

1/. reduce front droop
2/. increase front sway stiffness to around 30'
3/. use optional silver rear sway bar
4/. use optional blue springs
Old 01-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ayzhad
Hi,

Have you checked your EPA and DR? Also, what is the track surface like? What shore are you using?

One simple way to get more steering is to lower your front ride height to the correct height of about 6mm, Spawn's first outing on his MTX3 had that problem, he was having too much clearance for the front and he had a lot of understeer.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default CVD's

Anyone know how the K-factory hardened cvd's and Tobee Crafts compare to the mugen ones? How about the new Heavy duty Rd logics cvd's? Which ones are the strongest out these I mentioned?

Advice greatly apprecaited.

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: CVD's

Originally posted by rcpilot
Anyone know how the K-factory hardened cvd's and Tobee Crafts compare to the mugen ones? How about the new Heavy duty Rd logics cvd's? Which ones are the strongest out these I mentioned?

Thanks.
i stick with mugen CVD in the front
Old 01-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by tIANcI
Have you checked your EPA and DR? Also, what is the track surface like? What shore are you using?

One simple way to get more steering is to lower your front ride height to the correct height of about 6mm, Spawn's first outing on his MTX3 had that problem, he was having too much clearance for the front and he had a lot of understeer.
Checked the EPA but i didn't set the DR since i'm not really sure which % should I use (BTW i'm using Sanwa MX-3 controller)

all the settings & tyres using the stock setup which is 37 shores with the front ride height of 4 front mm and rear 5 mm. The track i can say about mid traction surface (parking lot).
Old 01-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Re: CVD's

Originally posted by rcpilot

Thanks.
the rd logic heavy duty ones should be as good as mugen as the pin in the cvd is the same size as the mugen not small like the other brands
Old 01-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

this is the Elfin body shell every one used before Lola dominates the Canam class nowaday

Old 01-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies Manticore and chookgb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.