Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

i didnt notice and play in rear arms i will check again after i get home currently i am visiting family for thanksgiving

i would love to see pictures of the mods you made

i dont like the engine mount screws either but i think they used them to allow engine to be moved more

i am going to use the mr12 engine and from what ive seen and heard so far i have made a good choice

i know people who have the sirio and rossi and they chose to use the sirio however i must add they didnt like the carb and are using one off a mt-12

i have already placed an order for spare parts and all the gearing options once i get my parts i can finally go out and run with more confidence and really test this thing out running with no spares made me drive conservatively
Old 11-28-2002, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I got the car and it done and ready for an engine. I must say this has been the easiest kit I've ever built. I noticed a little slope(about 1-2mm) of play in the rear suspension arms. I fixed it with some 1mm washers in the kit but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this problem. Other gripes are binding from the brakes and the tiny screws used to secure the motor mounts to the chassis. I found some neat things I could use on my MRX-3 like the receiver cover and personal transponder mount. The thing I really liked about this kit was the fact that it included a starter box adapter making starting 2x easier. Should have it running by next week or as soon as I decide what engine I want to try. There is the Sirio, Rossi, and RB-so many choices but not enough money.
get the mr12 - you won't be dissapointed
Old 11-28-2002, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jason102276
i didnt notice and play in rear arms i will check again after i get home currently i am visiting family for thanksgiving

i would love to see pictures of the mods you made

i dont like the engine mount screws either but i think they used them to allow engine to be moved more

i am going to use the mr12 engine and from what ive seen and heard so far i have made a good choice

i know people who have the sirio and rossi and they chose to use the sirio however i must add they didnt like the carb and are using one off a mt-12

i have already placed an order for spare parts and all the gearing options once i get my parts i can finally go out and run with more confidence and really test this thing out running with no spares made me drive conservatively
the sirio is ok but my rossi blows it away. I did notice the slop in teh rear arms, it's a tad bit, 1 thin washer shores it up, you could consider it a wheelbase adjustment

I will compare laptimes directly with v1rr this weekend with an lcs - I too would like to know if this car is as fast as it feels.
Old 11-28-2002, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Foams?

I know you guys have talked about this, and I appolagize in advance for bringing it back up. Can you tell me what brands of foem tires have the proper offset for the car. I am a soon to be converted ntc3 guy that has never run on foams so I am a bit ignerant on the subject. Thanks for the help and Happy Thanksgiving. Ron
Old 11-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Z-man

I ran the car for the first time at revelation raceway in cali

I also had the benefit of having robbie collins from TEAM MUGEN there.

I ran the car with kit tires which have the proper offset, and the car was awesome.

Since Robbie did'nt have any extra mugen tire's yet , we both tried a set of dish fast brand tire's which do not have the 2mm offset and low and behold the car handled very well so well for me that I ran them all weekend, even in the main.

I also tried the ufra and elligi wheels also

I did out qualify him in the the qualifiers but I could not get him in the main, but we did finish 1-2

even if you can't get the mugen tires you can still use other one's
the offset is'nt that ccritical (it's only 2mm on each side)
with the mugen you can adjust the widthin the rear with no problems. The front though is a little less forgiving because the bones are to short. But the neew cvd's will fixx that
Old 11-28-2002, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Lean it bill lean it

hey robbie i guess we won't use bill no more for a pit man
i talked to him on the way back home and i am convinced he richend my motor before our race last sunday

also "whers my parts"
Old 11-28-2002, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Tennessee. That is the answer I was hoping to get. That will make getting tires a little easier.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Just remember Z-MAN you can change the way a car handles by narrowing or widening the front or rear of the car

200mm is the widest you can run a sedan by R.O.A.R rules
it does'nt mean you have to run it at 200mm, most people don't
you can run narrower
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-topbig.jpg  
Old 11-28-2002, 02:19 PM
Tech Rookie

tennesse, your file isnt working.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

well, i have everything fofr the car.....and my body is soooo cool.....if only i could open the damn car!!!

ill try posting pics a little laterif my dad lets me use his digi camera
Old 11-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

mugen made a spacer for the mtx-2 that goes behind the wheel hex using these you can run any wheel you want i have them on mine and any 30mm tire will fit on the rear they cost 5 bucks
or like he said run any other wheel that is less than 30mm rear im guessing any wheel will fit on front im thinking that without spacer width would be about 196
i dont run at 200mm anyway my car is more like 198 much more than that and the tech guys will start giving you problems most of the time and rubbing the body could become a problem
also the proper tires are in according to robbie and should be available next week i would imagine
Old 11-28-2002, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

built some more of my car

did have play in my rear arms, packed out with shims.

no binding brakes!!!!!!!!
but i did lightly sand the shoes to take off edges but the main i did was rub both sides of the alloy vented bit on emery paper then wet and dry thay are now spot on!!

i hate the engine mount screws.........mugen what have you done?
mind you old style will fit just need to file washers a bit

so far its very good though
Old 11-28-2002, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

have you found any wheel nuts that will work when using the 2mm spacers

the stock ones wont work because theres less thread for the locking ring to grab on too
Old 11-28-2002, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

haha !! thats pretty funny cos I heard before the car came out thats why they had to re-desin the whole car so that the hubs would be right and the nyloc nuts would work
Old 11-28-2002, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by muugen
haha !! thats pretty funny cos I heard before the car came out thats why they had to re-desin the whole car so that the hubs would be right and the nyloc nuts would work
the car is designed to use 1mm offset. you still can use stock hex with 1mm offset rims. but if you want to use zero offset rim, you need the spacer.

I think you should know that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.