Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default CASE IN POINT

The Guy simply asked why is this shoe better than any other. 4 BS answers and 1 worth a damn
Old 08-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: CASE IN POINT

Originally posted by hicheef
The Guy simply asked why is this shoe better than any other. 4 BS answers and 1 worth a damn
Well may be you just didnt get what I posted! you are just not as smart as I thought you are! Or may be your statement is just a BS statement!

isnt it a rule of thumb? harder last longer, doesnt grip as much as softer one? I guess it would apply to foam tires too! Also there is no such thing as "Better", all depends on tract condition, driver and set up!

and besides I know the person who asked this question very well, so I know if I listed the differences he will make the right judgement if it is better for him or not!
Old 08-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks ah10!
Old 08-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: CASE IN POINT

Originally posted by Ah10
Well may be you just didnt get what I posted! you are just not as smart as I thought you are! Or may be your statement is just a BS statement!

isnt it a rule of thumb? harder last longer, doesnt grip as much as softer one? I guess it would apply to foam tires too! Also there is no such thing as "Better", all depends on tract condition, driver and set up!

and besides I know the person who asked this question very well, so I know if I listed the differences he will make the right judgement if it is better for him or not!
very true ah10.

i remeber this guy was complaining too many BS on this thread but i think his last one is a true BS and was trying to push off someone from asking question here. there was no obvious answer to his question until the one i quoted from you above.

"it is good" is not an answer. "I love it" is not an answer. they are just end result but they never said anything about "How" and "what" to make the red better.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

wow even longer lasting that the stock one?
i never thought that the clutch will wear out, mine still looks like new after 2 gallons, maybe my engine is too weak
Old 08-22-2003, 05:43 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys

has anyone tried the kawahara solid rear axle ?

Does it work well on a relatively low traction track? (blown clean parking lot)

Does it reduce rear traction while improving power when exiting the corners?

thanks for any insights
Old 08-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fire
wow even longer lasting that the stock one?
i never thought that the clutch will wear out, mine still looks like new after 2 gallons, maybe my engine is too weak
Manti, correct me if I am wrong.

Different hardness clutch shoe will allow you with different centex adjustments, for example if you are setting your centex to engage late for the punch then you probably need a softer material clutch shoe to grab fast and hard when contact(instead of slipping) since the clutch bell is spinning relatively fast! on the same token, if you set your centex engage early then you probably could use harder material clutch shoe.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ah10
Manti, correct me if I am wrong.

Different hardness clutch shoe will allow you with different centex adjustments, for example if you are setting your centex to engage late for the punch then you probably need a softer material clutch shoe to grab fast and hard when contact(instead of slipping) since the clutch bell is spinning relatively fast! on the same token, if you set your centex engage early then you probably could use harder material clutch shoe.
IMO the harder the pad will give you more linear power curve while softer pad will give you more punchy feel. i.e. they are also related to condition of the track.

yes you are right, if you set a soft pad engage too early or a harder pad engage late, you will lost power.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore
IMO the harder the pad will give you more linear power curve while softer pad will give you more punchy feel. i.e. they are also related to condition of the track.

yes you are right, if you set a soft pad engage too early or a harder pad engage late, you will lost power.
Perfect! thank you very much!

Vaurth read this I believe you had asked me this question a while ago!
Old 08-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

one very important note.

delta red may not = mugen red pad. await for verification from Robbi ??
Old 08-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

red pad, great!!
Something new to try
Old 08-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by snoopy
red pad, great!!
Something new to try
right !! too boring while the car has too little problem to talk about !
Old 08-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore
right !! too boring while the car has too little problem to talk about !
That's right! I guess that's why I havent been active posting in the forum execpt trying to get some dumb a$$ straighten out!
Old 08-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Red pads are the same material...

That is all I use, in both the mtx and mrx it will glaze up, I like this, then it stays the same for a while i have had mine in since jan and I kinda run alot...maybe average 3 to 4 times a week.
I also use the silver spring and drill out the lightened fly weight to 4mm.

Ron
Old 08-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Wow! You guys are too serious.

The guys simply were joking with their friends and some one don't like it already.

The guy simply pointed out this thread is mostly BS and some one don't like it already.

No matter what, I think this thread is OK becasue at least you guys are not kissing each other's a$$.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.