Mugen MTX-3

Old 08-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rear anti squat

Originally posted by RClover
looks like an abrasive track surface.
you are running a front diff? what diff oil?
Yes, it is quite abrasive.

In rubber class I run 10K. In mod I run 20K

The other MTX-3 racers use 30K and 50K.

I haven't tried anything else yet. Changing diff oil isn't one of my favorite things to do.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Yep! Should have one each of left and right.

Did they come separated or attached to a molding runner(tree)?

Return them back to where you got them and exchange them for another bag.
Hmmm... I don't think I have the luxury of returning them back. One was attached to a small molding runner, the other one was loose. If I return them, I'm affraid that the right parts will come back once the snow starts falling I just ordered new sets to make things right since I presently am running the MTX3 with a left rear arm from my MTX2. It didn't keep me from winning the A main last weekend but still, I would like my MTX3 to be ALL MTX3 Thanks.

ROBBIE C
Is there something being done about the Mugen parts availability issue in Canada? A few racers from Quebec and Ontario are very impressed with my MTX3s performance. Everyone seem to love the car but very few buy them because of the "issue". This is not a complaint here, it's just that there doesn't seem to be a Canadian distributor of MTX3 parts. At least I didn't find one. If it was easier for us Canadian to get Mugen parts, probably a lot more Canadians would buy Mugen cars.
If you're interested in hooking up with Canadian distributors, here's a couple you could contact.

Borgfeldt Canada Ltd, E-mail: [email protected], tel.: 905-946-9677

Great Hobbies (Jim Ewing, President and Founder), E-mail: [email protected], tel.: 902-569-3262

Last edited by mistercrash; 08-19-2003 at 05:18 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mistercrash
Hmmm... I don't think I have the luxury of returning them back. One was attached to a small molding runner, the other one was loose. If I return them, I'm affraid that the right parts will come back once the snow starts falling I just ordered new sets to make things right since I presently am running the MTX3 with a left rear arm from my MTX2. It didn't keep me from winning the A main last weekend but still, I would like my MTX3 to be ALL MTX3 Thanks.

ROBBIE C
Is there something being done about the Mugen parts availability issue in Canada? A few racers from Quebec and Ontario are very impressed with my MTX3s performance. Everyone seem to love the car but very few buy them because of the "issue". This is not a complaint here, it's just that there doesn't seem to be a Canadian distributor of MTX3 parts. At least I didn't find one. If it was easier for us Canadian to get Mugen parts, probably a lot more Canadians would buy Mugen cars.
If you're interested in hooking up with Canadian distributors, here's a couple you could contact.

Great Hobbies (Jim Ewing, President and Founder), E-mail: [email protected], tel.: 902-569-3262

Just order your stuff from Honk Kong!!!
Old 08-19-2003, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

Originally posted by Manticore
think that mugen should include the above items as standard kit items.
They will be in the mtx3 prospec version.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
They will be in the mtx3 prospec version.
and you will have MTX3 few months later !
Old 08-19-2003, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

and you will have MTX3 few months later !
You mean mtx4?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

You mean mtx4?
oh damn, yes !!
Old 08-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

think that mugen should include the above items as standard kit items.
In the future there will be a pro kit that will include these items and more.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
In the future there will be a pro kit that will include these items and more.
Something like the Osaka version of the MRX3???

Planning to get a second MTX unit for only race next year like I did on the MRX3 (got it the Platinum version last week).... I expect to not hear about the MRX4 at least to the next year by this dates Those kittens are quite expensive and would hate to shell a lot of bucks in the middle of the season in a new car.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

Originally posted by Corse-R
Something like the Osaka version of the MRX3???

Planning to get a second MTX unit for only race next year like I did on the MRX3 (got it the Platinum version last week).... I expect to not hear about the MRX4 at least to the next year by this dates Those kittens are quite expensive and would hate to shell a lot of bucks in the middle of the season in a new car.
What is the platinum version,similar to the works?
Old 08-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

What is the platinum version,similar to the works?
Don't know the Works version. Platinum one is the same as Osaka car without the serialized chassis no.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

yep that sounds like the same as the works.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

ROBBIE C

I called this number (905-946-9677) and it's not a hobby store could you please re-check the number I also called the other number every time I call line is bussy, I will send a e-mail hopefully someone will contact me soon, I'll keep trying to get through by phone.

Thanks Robbie C
Old 08-19-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Borgfeldt Canada is not a Hobby store but a Canadian distributor. I'm pretty sure I got the number right. Here's their website http://www.borgfeldt.ca/default.htm They don't distribute Mugen products but maybe they would be interested to do so in the near future. Great Hobbies is a retail and mail order supplier of model related hobby supplies based in Prince Edward Island, Canada. Here's their website http://www.greathobbies.com/

Thank you for all your trouble
Old 08-19-2003, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Borgfeldt Canada is not a Hobby store but a Canadian distributor. I'm pretty sure I got the number right. Here's their website http://www.borgfeldt.ca/default.htm They don't distribute Mugen products but maybe they would be interested to do so in the near future. Great Hobbies is a retail and mail order supplier of model related hobby supplies based in Prince Edward Island, Canada. Here's their website http://www.greathobbies.com/

Thank you for all your trouble
Thank you I'll try again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.