Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: mtx3

Originally posted by isuzuguy
tires
there will be no problem with tires .its just here say .
talk to a sponsered drivers at the regionals and they said any tire
will work and 30 or 32 mm will fit in the rear with no problem...

I hope this is right. Its not tire width we are worried about, its whether the car will accept the current crop of rims available.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by hooked_on
I believe the new Mugen looks very similar in layout to the V1R. Whats with that?????????? Are we going to see the next manufacturer copy AE and build another shaft drive car.
Remember my friend, the MTX-2 came out long before the V-One-R, Im not sure what pic's your looking at, but the car look nothing like it.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Novarossi

Remember my friend, the MTX-2 came out long before the V-One-R, Im not sure what pic's your looking at, but the car look nothing like it.
I don't think it looks anything like the VoneR either. But it wouldn't suprise me to see the next crop of TC come up with many of the same features of both the MTX-3 and the new Impulse (like they did before!!!).
Old 09-07-2002, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

I don't think it looks anything like the VoneR either. But it wouldn't suprise me to see the next crop of TC come up with many of the same features of both the MTX-3 and the new Impulse (like they did before!!!).
There is a new breed of Touring car coming in 18 months time. It will be a revolution and a completely new concept as far as 200mm Nitro goes.

As for wheels, all brands will fit and so will the 30mm and 32mm rears.

Mugen are great designers and I am sure the new MTX-3 will have all the right stuff on it. They may offer a quick release system that uses different hubs but that will be the choice of the Mugen users. Mufgen wouldn't offer something if they didn't think it would benefit. Think about it this way. You run foams and you are doing a 1 hour Main final. Everyone is in the same position and have to change tires. You are using the quick release system and the leader who is a lap up has to take of 4 wheel nuts. You are in and out of the pits and probably made up about 2 or 3 laps by the time the leader gets his tires changed. Who is going to win that final. hehe.
Old 09-07-2002, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

going to be sooner than 18 months, mugen have this serpant, schumacher,have a new car soon in 18 months time it will have happened
Old 09-07-2002, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

I know that the cars are changing now but in about 18 months a new car will be on the market that will revolutionise the way 200mm nitro cars look.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by modellor
I know that the cars are changing now but in about 18 months a new car will be on the market that will revolutionise the way 200mm nitro cars look.
come on no crystal balls allowed in here, tell us the facts!!
Old 09-08-2002, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Sorry Cartman.

But the design is still on the drawing board. The prototypes will be made in the new year but until then it will remain under lock and key.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry Cartman.

But the design is still on the drawing board. The prototypes will be made in the new year but until then it will remain under lock and key.
what manufacture then?

i do hope its not a toy as i might have to you
Old 09-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

No, It won't be a toy. It will be available in both scale rubber and foam gt versions.

The company is new and a name has yet to be agreed.
Old 09-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

It's not going to be made by Titanium Racing is it? I know they are looking to end up making their own cars eventually.
Old 09-08-2002, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Sorry, But it is definately not Titanium Racing.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default New Car

Modellor you are a mean person...... Can't leave RC nuts in the lurch, it's just not right! Personally I'll just be happy to see the MTX3 on the track!
Old 09-09-2002, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default MTX-3

I have a friend thats sponsered by Mugen. I can't wait to see his car. I'm tottaly commited to my NTC3's, but this would make an awesome addition to the collection. Mugen rocks!
Old 09-09-2002, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

The NTC3 has already done that one. I cannot see anything new getting into the fray which will be the "silver bullet" Look at the 1/10 scale electric offroad trucks, and 1/8th scale gas cars. They are now experiencing evolution rather than revolution.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.