How much is that soild rear diff???

Looks great!
Old 04-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by FAST1
Eddie,
How much is that soild rear diff???

Looks great!
Which version? Kawahara's, AIP's, or DanielSon's?
Old 04-25-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

is it possible to run a double solid axel setup on rubber tires?
Old 04-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by shortyboy
is it possible to run a double solid axel setup on rubber tires?
Yes, but why? It's good when the pavement is wet i.e. after raining. I used them on my Impulse before. No fun, though.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

anyone here using the rdlogics 1 piece pipe turbo legal pipe? can I use this pipe using non-mod os12tr or MT12 without having any prob? Im still saving my money on modified motor. thnx
Old 04-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default solid axle

eddie did kawahara released their solid rear if so how much is it and where can i get it,also i tougth it was a negative differential
any ifo thanks
Old 04-25-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Solid Axle Adaptor

Originally posted by eddiethefish
I have AIP adaptor and will later get a hold of the Kawahara's one. I hope DanielSon would send me free one, so that I can compare the weight for you.

Better yet, Manticore, can you weigh the Kawahara's Solid Adaptor for kevink2 please?
Now this is getting interesting!
Old 04-26-2003, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: solid axle

Originally posted by rcdubs
eddie did kawahara released their solid rear if so how much is it and where can i get it,also i tougth it was a negative differential
any ifo thanks
Kawahara did already release the Solid Axle adapter out. They even have the "Racing conversion" package if you're interested. Manticore should be able to tell us how much that thing cost. But, my educated guess it will cost somewhere between $5-$10.

By now, the Kawahara Neg. Diff should be released. I don't know if Manticore gets a hold of it yet, but I'm going to get one for myself pretty soon.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

are the aluminum engine mounts worth getting?
Old 04-26-2003, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Where are u guys getting all this stuff from kawahara????????
Old 04-26-2003, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: solid axle

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Kawahara did already release the Solid Axle adapter out. They even have the "Racing conversion" package if you're interested. Manticore should be able to tell us how much that thing cost. But, my educated guess it will cost somewhere between $5-$10.

By now, the Kawahara Neg. Diff should be released. I don't know if Manticore gets a hold of it yet, but I'm going to get one for myself pretty soon.
the Kawahara solid axle adaptor has listed price of YEN1,200. you should have an idea on how much it cost over there.

I am not interested at the negative diff anymore but if mugen has something like kyosho LSD would be great.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BossPlaya
are the aluminum engine mounts worth getting?
stock engine mount looks good and works great !!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default MTX3 Experts......

I'm planning on getting this car soon, like many others, and need to know a few tidbits:

Are the majority of you running the FAST tires that are made for the MTX3 or getting other brands and using the spacer for zero offset wheels? What needs adjusting(track width made wider?) or just adding a spacer will do? How do the Nitro Shoes(2 degree offset) fit and do you guys like these tires?

When using the 4mm Mugen chassis, are there any fitment problems when using the alumin deck braces or any other pieces?

Universals: Are the 3 Racing/RD Logics pieces just as good as the Mugen's? They are almost 2 times cheaper, just wondering if the, "you get what you pay for" statement holds true for these products?

Centax: Anyone running the Red shoe? Who makes them and where to get them? How about the Super Hard spring?

Droop: I noticed on the setup sheets some racers go 1 front and 8 rear? Are you using standard droop guages to set these up? 8 seems kinda high.

I have more questions, but can't think of them right now. Planning on putting the NTC3 on hiatus for now and getting a Moo-gen.

Thanks fellas.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

1200 Japanese Yen is about $10 US according to my currency converter. That can't be right, is there a different "Yen"?

Bolisario--
I run either the FAST or Super G tires. The Super G 0 offset (which I think is actaully 1mm offset) fits the front fine, but won't fit the rear. You have to use the 2mm offset on the rear.

I believe someone had an issue with an aluminum deck mount not fitting correctly on the Mugen 4mm chassis. I don't remember which brand the mount was, but it was easily resolved with a grinding from a dremel. Nothing major.

There have been some breakage issues with the "off brand" universals. I run the Mugen universals & no problem so far.

I run the red shoe with the hard spring. The red shoe seems to give better grip than the Mugen gray shoe, but doesn't wear out as fast. I don't think you need the super hard spring. I doubt any .12 engines will really benefit from that hard of a spring. The red shoe is Racer's Choice (it's the same as the Delta shoe), and is available through Speedline Racing www.speedline-rc.com (as are all your Mugen parts). The website is extremely old, but just get the number and give Mike a call. He'll set you up.

I run 1 & 6 droop...seems to work better for me.

Good luck...you will not be disappointed with this car!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: solid axle

Originally posted by Manticore
the Kawahara solid axle adaptor has listed price of YEN1,200. you should have an idea on how much it cost over there.

I am not interested at the negative diff anymore but if mugen has something like kyosho LSD would be great.
I loved the neg diff in my MTX-2!!!! So I was thinking about getting one for the MTX-3, but running either 30,000 or 50,000 weight oil in the rear seems to be doing just fine for now. I haven't tried the solid yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.