Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by tennessee
My new one from mugen will be here tuesday
Mugen 4mm chassis? yeah...dont forget to post some nice pics...yo...bro..!!
mine would be coming end of the month i hope...
Old 03-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

what are the benefits of running a 'Mugen Clutch Shoe Gray H0765' as compared to the stock black clutch shoe?
And how much lighter is 'Mugen Light Weight Centrifugal Shoe H0766' compared to the stock ones..? any1 had tried the 2 above?
Old 03-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Let me see if I remember this right. The gray shoe is softer, which lets it grab harder. The down side is it wears faster. The lighter flyweights (clutch shoes) lets the engine spool up faster and higher before they engage. So running the light weights and the gray shoe will let the engine punch really hard coming out of the corners, especially if you use a heavier spring.

On my MTX-2 (and now on my MTX-3), I run a red clutch disk from Speedline, light weight flyweights, and the hard clutch spring. The car comes out of the corners like it was shot out. The red clutch disk has the grip of the gray Mugen shoe, but with a considerably better wear rate. I believe Delta also sells these clutch disks.

I run the same setup except for using the super hard spring, on my MRX-3. You can't beat it.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:46 AM
DSR
Tech Apprentice

Default Starter Box

Hey guys, does anyone know if the serpent powerstart starter box (1/10) works with the MTX-3?
Old 03-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Starter Box

Originally posted by DSR
Hey guys, does anyone know if the serpent powerstart starter box (1/10) works with the MTX-3?
why you dont just get a mugen starter box ? it is way better then the snake box.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:51 AM
DSR
Tech Apprentice

Well, because I have a 705 as well. I'd rather not buy another starter box, if I don't have to.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by DSR
Yes it does

You need to purchase the Universal positioning mount from Serpent to make it work.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Starter Box

Originally posted by Manticore
why you dont just get a mugen starter box ? it is way better then the snake box.
Your such an angry person

I hate to say it, but I personally think the serpent box is better. More compact and more powerful then the mugen box. Don't worry, I got Mugen decals all over it and painted it purple
Old 03-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

is anyone else having problems with the universals breaking?

i have already broken alot i never broke a mtx-2 universal ever

i had taken the wide front bumper off

i am going to put it back on immediately

i love the mtx-3 my handles so well with the stock setup it just amazing

if i can resolve the universal issue i will good to go
Old 03-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jason102276
is anyone else having problems with the universals breaking?

you mean the Mugen Universal T0245 for MTX-3?
Old 03-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by DSR
yep...i am using the Serpent Powerstart, its powerful, compact size and more importantly light weight. I think its the lightest starter boxes among my club members...
i use this starter box to start my RR with no problem at all and i think it shoulf work the same for the MTX-3 b'cos of the similar chassis design.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes the mugen brand universal for front i dont know if thats the right part number since i threw the package away long ago

i broke both mugen universals during hard crashes where front upright was ripped off when i cut a corner too close

if i had been using the wide front bumper the upright may not have been damaged but both times i have broken a front upright i have also broken a universal

2 broken uprights both right side and a pair of mugen universals i feel like such a hack

but honestly everytime i hit something lately the car gets hurt bad must be the fast engines
Old 03-08-2003, 07:29 PM
DSR
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Starter Box

Originally posted by Novarossi
Yes it does

You need to purchase the Universal positioning mount from Serpent to make it work.

Thx a lot for the answer Novarossi.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

since jason broke the front mugen universal, what could be the next better option??? 3 racing?

Last edited by RClover; 03-08-2003 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

so lets see then......................they break when YOU hit somthing hard enough to break the upright. Do you really think then its a Mugen shaft fault?? i can asure you if you stop hittinh things they will not break!!come on get real you, you think they are designed for a hard impact or put power to the wheels?

Originally posted by jason102276
yes the mugen brand universal for front i dont know if thats the right part number since i threw the package away long ago

i broke both mugen universals during hard crashes where front upright was ripped off when i cut a corner too close

if i had been using the wide front bumper the upright may not have been damaged but both times i have broken a front upright i have also broken a universal

2 broken uprights both right side and a pair of mugen universals i feel like such a hack

but honestly everytime i hit something lately the car gets hurt bad must be the fast engines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.