Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

what up jason
Old 02-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone out there adapted their car for regular 0 offset rims? I've heard of guys doing it, but haven't heard specifics. Is it as easy as just adding 2mm on each side to the pillow balls and camber links?

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

You'll need to use 1mm spacers to push the hexes out farther, the 0's will rub the hub carriers. The problem is, after that, you're wheel nuts won't cinch up, so you need to reverse them, or get low profile wheel nuts. Elongating the pillow balls will also exxagerate the dogbone launching problem, especially in the front.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Does it make any difference if universals are used? What about just elongating the pillow balls and not using spacers?

Somebody out there must be doing this setup
Old 02-10-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default MTX-3 SETUP SHEET

does anyone know where i can get someone's setup sheet?the setup im trying to do is for an asphalt track,with about 15-20 turns and a 200ft straight.the outside temp is about 90-95 degrees.can someone help me setup my car?(suspension,droop,ride height,etc....)thanx
Old 02-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: MTX-3 SETUP SHEET

Originally posted by shortyboy
does anyone know where i can get someone's setup sheet?the setup im trying to do is for an asphalt track,with about 15-20 turns and a 200ft straight.the outside temp is about 90-95 degrees.can someone help me setup my car?(suspension,droop,ride height,etc....)thanx
Rubber or foam?

I might be racing my new MTX3(on rubber) for the first time this coming Sunday. I'll start off with the stock setup plus a front diff with 10,000/5,000-FR/RR diff oil and long rear camber links and work from there.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

BTW, check what setup Reynold is running.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default SP Front belt from V OneR into MTX3????

A friend told me that the front 'SP' belt from the V OneR fits on the front of the MTX3 and has less drag, anyone can confirm? (Manti, AMG or ...). Seems that as a bonus those belts are cheaper here than the original ones from Mugen.

I don't know what means 'SP' seems to be a kevlar belt that is lighter and equally resistant.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

chrisf if you dont use spacers the rims wont fit on the hubs

they will rub in the rear

or you could cut the tires thinner

but its best to get a 1mm spacer for each side or use the stock wheels or some other brand that is offset

if you decide to move pillow balls out for a little more width make certain you use universals i couldnt get the front dogbones to stay in even without having pillow balls moved out
Old 02-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: SP Front belt from V OneR into MTX3????

Originally posted by Corse-R
A friend told me that the front 'SP' belt from the V OneR fits on the front of the MTX3 and has less drag, anyone can confirm? (Manti, AMG or ...). Seems that as a bonus those belts are cheaper here than the original ones from Mugen.

I don't know what means 'SP' seems to be a kevlar belt that is lighter and equally resistant.
nope, the sp belt is a bit longer
Old 02-10-2003, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Corse-R

I am not sure if you guys have access to any shops that sell the likes of belts, pulleys and sprockets etc..

But here we have a company that does and we pick up all our belts etc for a fraction of the cost of brand belts.

We are able to get long belts for our cars for around 1.3 Euro. Thats a nice savings for other things.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Modeller,

Who do you use for belts & pullys etc?

I'm based in Dublin, so I could nip up if its in the North.

All the best
Old 02-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jason102276
chrisf if you dont use spacers the rims wont fit on the hubs

they will rub in the rear

or you could cut the tires thinner

but its best to get a 1mm spacer for each side or use the stock wheels or some other brand that is offset
not really true i run rubber tyres on schumacher 24mm wheels with no fouling!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by modellor
Corse-R

I am not sure if you guys have access to any shops that sell the likes of belts, pulleys and sprockets etc..

But here we have a company that does and we pick up all our belts etc for a fraction of the cost of brand belts.

We are able to get long belts for our cars for around 1.3 Euro. Thats a nice savings for other things.
where do you get em from??
Old 02-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Not sure if anyone else is having a problem with the front ARB not being horizontal when front tyres are down low (59mm or less). The bars points upward when the car is on the bench at rest and when the front suspension is compressed all the way to its limit, the bar becomes horizontal - kind of defeats the purpose of an ARB doesn't it - anyone else notice this?

Also, sorry to say, but Im not a huge fan on the quality of 3Racing products. The alloy holder striped a screw (not much force) and the front ARB needed to be dremeled out to allow one of the bars to fit in all the way. Not sure why they make the alloy bar holder so damn high, you need to cut it down quiet abit so it doesn't sit outside the roof (of touring car body). Im pretty sure Ah10 had a picture of this - don't think I'd be buying this brand again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.