2014 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Default 2014 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Hello everyone, The leaves are starting to fall and there is a chill in the air, that tells us fall is here and it is time to start planning for the annual event we all look forward to each year called MOTORAMA. Each year racers from all over the East Coast as well as the Nation gather in Harrisburg PA for the one if not the largest RC Race in the world, MOTORAMA!

******************** FEBRUARY 14-16 2014 *********************

Motorama host the US Electric Off Road Championships that houses 2 race tracks and runs both 1/10th and 1/8th cars and trucks. MOTORAMA "MR" is not only about RC Racing, it is about the 40,000 + spectators and racers that attend this amazing Motor Sports show. So many disciplines of racing are held at MR there is so much to see and do. From Motocross to Go Karts to awesome tuner cars and classic cars to enjoy there is something for everyone.

I am honored to be asked to be the organizer again for the RC portion of MR. This is my 4th year being asked to be part of this amazing event and I am very excited for another great year. This year again I will have working with me my good friend Charlie Suangka who will be directing the races on the 1/10th track. Charlies is a great race director and keeps everything running smooth and keeps everyone laughing and enjoying their time at MR.

Each year we learn more things to try and give everyone the best experience possible at MR and again this year we will be adding a few things. We will be adding a floor PA system to the 1/10th track to make it a bit easier for everyone to hear. We will be running all 1/10th scale cars and trucks on the 1/10th clay track this includes Stock and Modified 2wd Short Course. 4WD Short Course will still be run on the 1/8th track.

Here is the list of classes we will be running

ENTRIES WILL BE CAPPED AT 300 FOR EACH TRACK, SO DON'T WAIT TO SIGNUP.

1/10th Track

Novice/RTR Any RTR motor system allowed or 17.5 Race System . 2WD Cars & Trucks only.
Stock Buggy
Stock Stadium Truck
Stock Short Course
Modified Buggy
Modified Stadium Truck
Modified Short Course
4WD Modified Buggy

1/8th Track

4WD Short Course Intermediate
4WD Short Course Expert
Intermediate Truggy
Expert Truggy
Intermediate Buggy
Expert Buggy

In the past we have tried to let drivers race on both tracks and we will again allow this but it will be up to you to make sure you are ready. We will not be able to hold the race if you are racing at the other track. So if you do decide to race on both tracks, we are sorry but we cannot guarantee that you will make all your heats/mains.

Below is all the race information:

Doors open at 8:00am on Friday, PRACTICE Starts at 9:00am and ends at 6:00pm Friday Please bring any items necessary for a functional pit area. Tables, chairs and extension cords will NOT be supplied. Electrical Drops will be supplied. For ease of load in and load out we suggest racers bring a cart or hand truck to move personal equipment between parking lot and venue.

DOORS WILL OPEN AT 7am on Saturday. Please bring any items necessary for a functional pit area. Tables, chairs and extension cords will NOT be supplied. Electrical Drops will be supplied.

RULES:
1/10TH CLASSES:
BATTERY MAXIMUM IS 2S LIPO. ALL BATTERIES MUST BE CHARGED IN A LIPO BAG.

ALL STOCK CLASSES WILL USE 17.5 MOTORS AND SPEED CONTROLS IN THE NO TIMING OR BLINKY MODE.

STOCK MOTOR RULES: I Have attached the approved and allowed motor list for the 2014 Motorama event. This is the same list we used at the IIC. We have had great success using this list for our major events and it covers the majority of stock motors being used in racing. This list is current as of 10-1-13. This list may be updated up to 1 month before the MR event. I am sure this question will come up so I would like to let everyone know. The Trinity D3.5 17.5 motor will not be allowed at MR.

NOVICE/RTR CLASS: ANY RTR MOTORS SYSTEM OR 17.5 RACE SYSTEM. 2WD Cars & Trucks ONLY.

SHORT COURSE CLASSES: ONLY TIRES DESIGNED FOR SC TRUCKS ARE ALLOWED. NO 1/8TH CONVERSIONS.
SC BODIES: ONLY BODIES DESIGNED FOR SHORT COURSE, NO ADDITIONAL WINGS, SPOILERS OR SIDE DAMS ARE ALLOWED.

Racers registration includes one weekend pass for the driver (Do not laminate your 2 day passes), all additional tickets for parents, family and friends will need to be purchased.1 general parking pass is also included. All tickets are general admission and do not guarantee seating in any arena

SPECIAL RESERVED PARKING AND OUTSIDE RV ELECTRIC HOOKUPS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS AND ARE SELECTABLE ON THE SIGNUP PAGE ON NOV 1ST.

REGISTRATION GOES LIVE ON NOVEMBER 1ST AT:

WWW.MOTORAMAEVENTS.COM

I look forward to seeing you at MR and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to EMAIL ME AT [email protected] This is the best way to reach me for answers as I do travel a lot and cannot always get online. Emails will be answered promptly.

Thanks,
Scotty
[email protected]

Link to the entry list, click here.
Attached Files

Last edited by Kraig; 02-03-2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added entry list.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

ALL ABOARD!!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mod 2wd and Mod 2wd SC for me. Can't wait for this. This will be my first Motorama.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sounds like it's going to be another good one!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can't wait for another great race, it's hard to believe it's only a few months away now.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

STOCK MOTOR RULES: I Have attached the approved and allowed motor list for the 2014 Motorama event. This is the same list we used at the IIC. We have had great success using this list for our major events and it covers the majority of stock motors being used in racing. This list is current as of 10-1-13. This list may be updated up to 1 month before the MR event. I am sure this question will come up so I would like to let everyone know. The Trinity D3.5 17.5 motor will not be allowed at MR.
Thank you sir!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

In.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

And the sleepless will begin momentarily haha
Old 10-21-2013, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Awesome!! Can't wait!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Glad to see your back to run the show Scotty .... Can't wait
See you in Feb.

Marc
Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Questions?? stock motors

What about the Fanton-Racing versions of the revtech/trinity/epic motors?
Should I assume if there not on the list they are not allowed?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
i would think as long as the base version is on the list then it would be allowed.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

IIC of dirt, making plans!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
If it's not on the list, it's not allowed. If it's a D3.5 based motor, it's not allowed. If you have a motor you feel should be on the list, email Scotty with the details. Don't expect the list to change much as this is his IIC list, which has proven successful.

But like I said, if he missed something, definitely bring it up via EMAIL. He doesn't check the forums very often at all.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

D3.5 17.5 motor was reappoved by roar until March 2014. When the new D4 is released, then the D3.5 will be removed for good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.