Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Protoform Mazda6 GX Handling?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you use the MR33 wing problem solved.... I can't try it on asphalt before ETS in GC.... but on carpet and if you mount it right then its awsome
Old 01-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

If you're looking for a body between the Mazdaspeed 6 and the LTC-R, Hot Bodies claims that their Subaru Impreza Type-C fits that bill. I have one and like it, but haven't compared them directly
Old 01-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

GX has more overall Grip then Speed6, rear end is planted and it has more steering.

Marc Fischer tested this body on our local carpet track. It was a tenth slower then the Speed6 on Med-High Grip Carpet and less smooth and consistent as the Speed6.

Should be really good on Low-Med Grip Carpet and on Asphalt.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did anyone already make direct comparisons on asphalt? I was a bit dissapointed to see the LTC-R was the favourite body at the last ETS. Would be a shame if the good looking GX is slower than its predecessor
Old 04-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
Did anyone already make direct comparisons on asphalt? I was a bit dissapointed to see the LTC-R was the favourite body at the last ETS. Would be a shame if the good looking GX is slower than its predecessor
the GX for asphalt if the grip is low, it's okay. high grip, like in TITC 2014, understeer.

for asphalt, stick with LTCR if you wish to have more steering. I always prefer to have more steering.

comparing the GX to LTCR.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alecladanga
the GX for asphalt if the grip is low, it's okay. high grip, like in TITC 2014, understeer.

for asphalt, stick with LTCR if you wish to have more steering. I always prefer to have more steering.

Yep pretty much what I found. The GX looks nice, but the LTCR is faster due to more steering.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by daleburr
Yep pretty much what I found. The GX looks nice, but the LTCR is faster due to more steering.
Yes
Old 04-03-2014, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr
Same here, although I haven't tried it on carpet yet.

I have also been told that it might suit a faster more flowing track like Cotswold, where stability is important.
It doesn't suit WLRC
Old 04-03-2014, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I didn't care for it on a tight technical carpet track. Mounted in the center, the rear was too locked. This is compared to a 3mm forward mounted LTC-R and center mounted Mazda 6.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the replies. I thought I just try it myself and bought the lightweight body.
I compared the body form with the HotBodies Mazda 6 MooreSpeed MPS and found the form to be the same except of the "sharper" edges and shorter nose (therefore longer splitter) on the GX. So maybe these two will be close. For me the HB Mazda6 MPS was clearly one tenth faster than the PF LTC-R on my outdoor track (amsc-augsburg.de). Test drive will follow later.
Right now I am just happy about the look:

Old 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thumbs up. The paint job and wheels on your GX are clean and tasteful.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:02 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I have a LTCR body, and a Mazda 6 GX body to try out on a tight medium/high grip carpet track. I'm a noob, so I doubt I'll be able to "feel" any difference, but I'll see if I can get a veteran driver to try out both bodies and offer an opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Protoform Mazda6 GX Handling?-20140413_003831%7E01.jpg  
Old 04-13-2014, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alecladanga

I found exactly the same this year at TITC. I tried it a few times over the week and always ended up back with the LTC-R!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Did a direct comparison between the GX and the Moore Speed MPS last sunday on a middle large flowing low to medium grip outdoor asphalt track; both bodies were the lightweight version.
The GX effectivly calms down the rear. So my 6.1 with the same setup changed from aggressive turning to a tamed neutral behaving. I reduced the rear toe to make it turn better. The car now turned better in slow corners and kept its tame behaviour in fast corners.
The laptime comparison is not easy as the track changes during the season. It is in spring around 5 tenth slower than in fall. In fall last year my fastest was a 13.7s/lap. Yesterday I managed several 14.0s/lap with nearly dead tires and 17*C.
So outdoor this body isn't slow at all and makes my car more easy to drive

Old 04-14-2014, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I found exactly the same this year at TITC. I tried it a few times over the week and always ended up back with the LTC-R!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.