Motor question..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor question..

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

basically, the higher the mah, the longer the runtime. if you're just bashing and working on your drifting skills, get the highest mah you can that will fit in your battery holder so you can having longer runtimes without having to stop and charge.
if you're going to be racing events, you'll be limited to what your group or track allows.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

not all connectors are the same. some use bullet connectors, some use standard, some deans type, some Traxxas type, etc. get the type of connector that your ESC uses, or you'll have to change the connector on your ESC to the type your battery comes with, unless you can use a universal type connector such as a deans to standard connector.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Would my drive train hold up to these motors? being that i will not be racing just messing around with it atmy apartment..
Old 10-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Rookie

the motor i am looking at is a 12t or a 16t both brushless
Old 10-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Im not exactly sure if either of those will be too much power for the drivetrain or not, but I do know that those who have upgraded to brushless systems previously have pretty much all stripped the gears and blown pinions etc. because the e10 uses weak plastic parts because it was built to use a weak 27t motor.
if you're dead set on increasing power, I'd highly suggest looking into upgrading your drivetrain to aluminum parts, if they make them, or at least something better/stronger than the stock plastic stuff.
maybe reach out to other e10 owners on the forums to see what your options are, as I'm sure they'd have more specific information because they're ran into this issue first hand before.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

16 would be the max I would run an e10 on. even that is pushing it though.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Rookie

that would be the most you would run on stock plastic driveshaft and gears?
Old 10-13-2013, 12:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tennisman93
that would be the most you would run on stock plastic driveshaft and gears?
Actually I would preferable stay with 17.5 but 16 is pretty close
Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Rookie

i plan to upgrade the driveshaft in the future just not right now.. what kind of speed will the 16t 4000kv/80A give to the car?
Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

from what I know about the e10's weak points, I'd upgrade the pinions and gears before worrying about the driveshaft.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

I know that you may not want to do this, But i would highly recommend not Upgrading the e10. Since after upgrading it you will still have an e10. Instead, save a little bit and get a better car. in the end you will be happier, probably save a bit through not needing upgrades, and have a better car.

Last edited by ThePanda; 10-13-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

I have to agree with Panda. The e10 was built to be a low-cost entry level drift car for beginners. Its basically a "stepping stone" car. You learn the basics with it, experiment and move up to a serious drift car if you choose to. It does have some option parts available, and you can mod it to make it faster/better, but it's not ever going to be a (consistently reliable) drift car like your Sakura's, Tamiya drift spec, MST's etc.
Im not knocking the e10, because its good for what it is, but make no mistake, it'll never have the ability to perform like the above mentioned cars.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wareagle84
I have to agree with Panda. The e10 was built to be a low-cost entry level drift car for beginners. Its basically a "stepping stone" car. You learn the basics with it, experiment and move up to a serious drift car if you choose to. It does have some option parts available, and you can mod it to make it faster/better, but it's not ever going to be a (consistently reliable) drift car like your Sakura's, Tamiya drift spec, MST's etc.
Im not knocking the e10, because its good for what it is, but make no mistake, it'll never have the ability to perform like the above mentioned cars.
Excellent way to put it.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I totally understand what your saying and really im nit even drifting that much I bought a set or soft rubber street wheels for it so it would get good traction for just going fast in a parking lot ha im more wanting it to use every once in a while but to have some pretty fast speed runs with the street tires.. I was leaning to getting the motor swooped just to make it quicker just to mess around with and have fun with friends.. but I really am not trying to break parts and throw a ton of money into fixing it all the time.. so my buying a new motor system even just using it for short amounts of time no racing you dont think its worth butting money in?
Old 10-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

using (normal) rubber tires instead of plastic drift tires already increases stress on the drivetrain parts, especially when accelerating or braking hard. knowing you're using rubber tires and doing speed runs, I would NOT recommend the 12t or 16t you were looking at. it will for sure eventually destroy some of your drivetrain, most likely strip the e10's plastic gears.
honestly, I wouldn't spend the money on the e10 if you're looking to do speed runs and such. it's good for basic drifting, but that's it really.
I have a feeling you'll up the power in the e10, and either need to replace/upgrade parts to handle the extra power, or be left feeling like you still want more, which the e10 can't really handle.
save up your money and buy a better chassis that's perfectly capable of handling the kind of power and "abuse" you can throw at it with the 12t you're eyeballing.
that's just my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.