Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

CRC F1

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

i know frank is pushing hard to get the production car ready to go. as expected, we encountered some things that needed to be addressed, and they are in the process of doing that now. you would be surprised how long it takes to get everything ready to go, from figuring out and drawing instructions, packing lists in parts bags, figuring what parts you need, and when, not to mention the actual time to manufacture parts and such for a car………these things all take time. be patient, good things come to those who wait. (coming from the most impatient person you may know)
Old 10-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks, Al. I can at least put it on my Christmas list. I'll try to be patient. The F1r build and the WRC car might keep me busy til then.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom
Has the WTF-1 been raced on asphalt? No carpet tracks near me!
This is the big question for me. Looking to add a second class and the F1 rubber tire class we run on outdoor asphalt looks like fun.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can tell you from experience that F1 on the rubber tires, be it on carpet or pavement is a blast. The 21.5, 2s, rwd, rubber tires and a 1050g car can be a handful. It will definitely make you work on your driving skills.
As for the WTF1, I ran against it at the HWC. From the first time Wayne put the car on the track (he was running Mario's which arrived Thursday) you could tell the rest of the field was toast. Brian and Wayne put on a show with those two cars. A lot of nice features and areas that still need some work to make production. It will be worth the wait.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

No, we have not run it on anything but carpet.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

2 1/2 weeks with no further comments??!! BUMP!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

I volunteer to test on asphalt
Old 11-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

i had the privilege of running the wtf-1 at the timezone gp last weekend. i won 3 of the 4 rounds of qualifying (i was leading the one i did not win when i came on to the straight a little wide clipping the outer barrier and breaking a steering knuckle with 2 laps to go). tq'ed the event by 5 seconds, the car was dominant. i got caught up in with a back marker a couple time in the main, and then let my anger get the best of me. i managed to run down the leaders multiple times, but snap rolled the car trying to make it do things that i would not expect my world gt car to do. ended up finishing 3rd, but but is was a successful weekend. i was testing some of the production parts that frank wants to get in the kit. this car is going to be very good, and frank wants to make sure he gets it right the first time.

please be patient. it will be worth the wait.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

No doubt! This car was like 2ths faster then the rest. Like Mario said, it's open wheel racing and back markers played a roll as much as tricky corners. That was a dominate TQ! Another awesome result for CRC.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Kewl. Please keep the updates coming. I'm very tempted at this time of year to dispose of my disposable income and updates keep me focused on the goal....a CRC F1 car in my garage!

Scott
Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
i had the privilege of running the wtf-1 at the timezone gp last weekend. i won 3 of the 4 rounds of qualifying (i was leading the one i did not win when i came on to the straight a little wide clipping the outer barrier and breaking a steering knuckle with 2 laps to go). tq'ed the event by 5 seconds, the car was dominant. i got caught up in with a back marker a couple time in the main, and then let my anger get the best of me. i managed to run down the leaders multiple times, but snap rolled the car trying to make it do things that i would not expect my world gt car to do. ended up finishing 3rd, but but is was a successful weekend. i was testing some of the production parts that frank wants to get in the kit. this car is going to be very good, and frank wants to make sure he gets it right the first time.

please be patient. it will be worth the wait.
Hi Mario,

Congratulations on your success with the WTF1. It looks like a really nice car.

I have a few questions regarding the WTF1. First, what is the wheelbase in mm's? Second, out of the box is the car set up for 190mm track width? Can it be set up to run 200mm track width without purchasing additional parts?

Thanks, Ed D.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
i know frank is pushing hard to get the production car ready to go. as expected, we encountered some things that needed to be addressed, and they are in the process of doing that now. you would be surprised how long it takes to get everything ready to go, from figuring out and drawing instructions, packing lists in parts bags, figuring what parts you need, and when, not to mention the actual time to manufacture parts and such for a car………these things all take time. be patient, good things come to those who wait. (coming from the most impatient person you may know)
Any news yet on production? I'm excited about this car, and the chance to share parts with my 12scale.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Ed Delgado
Hi Mario,

Congratulations on your success with the WTF1. It looks like a really nice car.

I have a few questions regarding the WTF1. First, what is the wheelbase in mm's? Second, out of the box is the car set up for 190mm track width? Can it be set up to run 200mm track width without purchasing additional parts?

Thanks, Ed D.
.........ok, great. thanks for the non-response.

Last edited by Ed Delgado; 12-05-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

There is a link to an interview with Frank Calandra in another thread. Looks like the car might be released as soon as January! Saving my $$$!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Ed Delgado - Sorry for missing your post, i was in mexico for 10 days, and the hotel was charging for wifi, being the cheap bastard i am, i skipped out on it.

I have not measured the wheelbase on the the car, nor have i compared it side by side with any other. the track width is very dependent on what tires you use, but the car is designed for 190 mm max width. i do not know if there are plans for a 200mm conversion or not. i will be at the track tonight, if i remember, i will measure the wheelbase and post it.

thanks.
mario

i know frank is working feverishly to get the kit into production. the design and test period for parts is done and they are working on production stuff. being a totally new platform, there is a lot of work that goes into instruction manuals and kitting process. crc is not a huge manufacturing facility, they have a limited number of manpower, and a lot of other things that need to be kept up on as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.