Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

looking at marek's car it looks like he has the 13 a arms fitted ,split blocks up front and the new ars
http://rcracingtv.net/2014/08/marek-...s-his-top-off/
Old 09-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
looking at marek's car it looks like he has the 13 a arms fitted ,split blocks up front and the new ars
http://rcracingtv.net/2014/08/marek-...s-his-top-off/
Probably 2-hole arms.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hi

Was testing yesterday on our local track (grc-Racing.dk) a Low grip asphalt track. Temp was around 20 degress c. Was testing Stock dampere against raceberry Towers with NT1 2014 shocks and yok springs. And the normal size ones from the NT1 gave at lot more grip on that Low grip track. Did the same earlier this week where there were a lot more drivers on the track and then the difference wasnt that Big , but still in favour of the NT1 ones. Anyone Else that have tried Them ??

Last edited by johnsen-dk; 09-06-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: New text
Old 09-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Interesting... What pistons, oil and springs were you testing with?
Old 09-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

Was testing yesterday on our local track (grc-Racing.dk) a Low grip asphalt track. Temp was around 20 degress c. Was testing Stock dampere against raceberry Towers with NT1 2014 shocks and yok springs. And the normal size ones from the NT1 gave at lot more grip on that Low grip track. Did the same earlier this week where there were a lot more drivers on the track and then the difference wasnt that Big , but still in favour of the NT1 ones. Anyone Else that have tried Them ??
I agree. Except for very high bite, at least on asphalt, I think the nt1 or t3 long shocks are faster around the track.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

What is different with the NT1 shocks? They look like they build the same as the T4 shocks.

Snowy.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's splitting hairs, long vs sort shock debate has been around a while now, regardless what you choose, someone is going to likely beat you with the other, then you'll look for others reasons why you lost, it's all part of racing, you will always think someone else has something that works better than what you have.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
What is different with the NT1 shocks? They look like they build the same as the T4 shocks.

Snowy.
They are basically the same shock, just longer. ~2mm longer than t3 shocks, an internal spacer works well to take up the difference.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Suspension arm stiffener plates

We have just released our version of the suspension arm stiffener/tuning plates. They are 2mm and available as a set or individual front or rear.

Please check out our website for more info -
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/products_Xray_T4.html

Old 09-16-2014, 03:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

A friend was at the Reedy race and was advised by a Tamiya team driver to use the standard shock when the track got greasy instead of the Raceberry towers and short shocks he was running. Sounds like this is a known thing for low grip.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
A friend was at the Reedy race and was advised by a Tamiya team driver to use the standard shock when the track got greasy instead of the Raceberry towers and short shocks he was running. Sounds like this is a known thing for low grip.
So, I got a T4-14

If I want to run longer shocks, to try and get more grip in slippery conditions, can I get the shocks of a T3 and the shocktower from same car? ??
Old 09-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tudor_47
So, I got a T4-14

If I want to run longer shocks, to try and get more grip in slippery conditions, can I get the shocks of a T3 and the shocktower from same car? ??
No the bulkheads are too far apart on T3. You need aftermarket shock Towers like from Raceberry or some other manufacturer. And NT1 2014 shocks or T3 ...

http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...4-Long-Version
Old 09-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tudor_47
So, I got a T4-14

You'll need the T3 shocks and Raceberry T4 shock towers.

But I'd recommend saving your money. Unlike the Tamikos the Xray is designed around the short shocks, and Xray put a lot of work into them. They work as well as the long ones when the right oil and springs are used, and are lighter and smoother.

A few drivers tried the long shocks in the UK when the T4 first came out (most of our tracks are low/mid grip), but I haven't seen anyone use them in over a year.

In low grip go for 350cst oil with 4x1.1mm pistons and 2.7 springs and the car will be better than any Tamiko.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Geberit
No the bulkheads are too far apart on T3. You need aftermarket shock Towers like from Raceberry or some other manufacturer. And NT1 2014 shocks or T3 ...

BezerkRC is the other place to get them. He's available on Facebook, and has towers already cut and ready to ship.

Ethan
Old 09-16-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by daleburr
You'll need the T3 shocks and Raceberry T4 shock towers.

But I'd recommend saving your money. Unlike the Tamikos the Xray is designed around the short shocks, and Xray put a lot of work into them. They work as well as the long ones when the right oil and springs are used, and are lighter and smoother.

A few drivers tried the long shocks in the UK when the T4 first came out (most of our tracks are low/mid grip), but I haven't seen anyone use them in over a year.

In low grip go for 350cst oil with 4x1.1mm pistons and 2.7 springs and the car will be better than any Tamiko.
The problem that I have faced and have seen others face is a low-medium bite track that is also quite hot 130+ heat. In those situations, light oil and stuff springs contribute to over heating tires, especially if it's a spec tire.

The long shocks give more bite and more consistency while being able to run heavier oil. The stock shocks just weren't as quick, IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.