Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
anyone bought from Hyperform Racing before? >

anyone bought from Hyperform Racing before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone bought from Hyperform Racing before?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

does the hyperform tare doen motors still get all the tuneing stuff done to them such as, zapped mags, polished bushings, and hood alignment?
Old 06-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

No they don't, sorry. I send them out exactly the way I receive them, without brushes and springs. The com 9 times out of 10 are also severly out of round. They are geared towards those who like to build there own motors and save a little cash in the process...
Old 06-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nw racer
Well I am looking forward to receiving my order that I placed from him. I kinda like running motors and batteries that are not from the major companies like Trinity or Orion, which is one of the reasons I ordered from Hyperform. Plus as a small business owner myself I support other small businesses in every way I can since I understand how hard it is to compete with the national chains of the industry. Not to mention the awesome pricing he has on everything. Plus the free rebuild on motors that he offers other than paying for the parts and shipping. What other company offers that? I plan on ordering some batteries off him soon and try those out as well. My order should be here either tomorrow or the next day and am looking forward to running it Friday night.
Hey Joe! Your motor shipped yesterday via USPS Priority as promised.
Should be there tomorrow or thursday like you said although I always get a little worried when things have to go coast to coast. The good ol postal service hasn't let me down yet though.

BTW, I sent you a smokin motor so don't let me down on friday!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Tech Regular

when it comes to priority mail, the USPS is awesome. But, if parcel post is used you might as well shoot yourself in your own foot since the product wouldn't arrive at its destination until dooms day. Pretty sad. I have had good and bad with the PO. I have seen items coast to coast in 2 days. And others in 17 days. All depends really.

Thanks for shipping my order when you said you would by the way. Appreciated.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

That's good to know about parcel post. I don't ever plan on it so it shouldn't be an issue. I use priority mostly because I always hated paying more to have products shipped UPS when they take over a week to arrive. They do have a great tracking system but that's not enough in my book and would rather receive my purchased items in three days or less.

If I can only find an econimical way to ship international without taking 6-10 weeks, things would be dialed. Some overseas customers are paying more for shipping then actual product. Although with the exchange rate, many don't care...
Old 06-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

International shipping is real tough. Have you tried DHL? They normally have real good pricing and not too long of a delay time to deliver overseas.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Hmmm, no I haven't, I'll look into it. I found USPS to be the cheapest which I hear ends up making the trip via fedex and in most cases can ariive in ten days or less. UPS was stupid expensive...
Old 06-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

I used to actively own a second company which was selling consumer electronics. I would order them overseas, normally from either Malaysia or Singapore. I always demanded DHL which always had them here pretty quick. Now I can't remember how long quick was, but it wasn't too bad. But overseas to be honest, I'm not sure if it actually is Dhl doing the delivering or putting them on the plane or crater. It very possibly could be the local PO doing the dirty work.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well USPS is accually dam good for overseas. i had to go through this today. i had a 4lbs 6 ouce package to ship to the UK and it had to be there in a wekk. UPS wanted $168! and FEDEX wanted $138! but our great postal serive only wanted $32
Old 06-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

that's been my experience so far...

we're way off topic at this point.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Do you attend major races and promote your products?

How many employees do you have or is it a one man show?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

I have a race team which I keep small but with high quality talent. I am a one man show at the moment although my team drivers do help me out a lot.

We do attend major races and will be at Vegas in full force along with the paved nats and cleveland to wrap up the year. We have some chassis coming out shortly for the upcoming carpet season which you may have come across on the website. I have an engineering degree so the chassis help me justify the 100 grand I spent on a college education.

To be honest, I've been racing since I was 12 (I'm pushing 30 now) and started Hyperform because I was sick of the insanely high prices we pay for most of our products. I assume everyone else is also which is why I try and keep my pricing as low as possible while still making a modest profit so my dog and I can eat.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

wanted to let you know I got the motor today. Looks great, and as promised with the dyno sheet.

You know one thing that really impresses me is that it looks like you already did the break in on the motor. Nice!!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Glad to hear it! The motors are broken in and arrive ready to drop in your car and raced. Enjoy!
Old 07-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Default New Website!

I just uploaded the new Hyperform Racing website. This is a preliminary version and we will be adding more graphics and pictures shortly. If you encounter any problems viewing our site, please email us at [email protected].

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.