Pan Am Int'l 1/8 GT Grand Prix Jan. 17-19 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Default 13 Turns of Excitement!

Old 09-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Doug what's the short version? What did we run last year?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
The inside straightaway boards are removed at turn 5 eliminating turns 1. 2, 3, 4 and 5. You ran the long course last year. You will run the long course this year.

So there is no confusion we will race on the complete course all 13 turns at the Pan Am Int'l 1/8 GT Grand Prix.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
We ran the version shown in the photo. I remember as if it yesterday. Great track!!!

Daniel
Old 09-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When do signup start???
Old 09-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flyboi33
When do signup start???
Hi Dee,

We are glad you are coming back to race with us again. We sure enjoyed having you as our guest last January.

We will have registration online again this year. It will be set up so you can enter the race, order extra pit space and pre-order your souvenir t-shirts so you can have the correct size waiting for you when you get to the race track.

I need to go over a few details with Johnny to make sure we are on the same page. If everything goes according to my plans we will go live with the online sign up registration October 8th.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks for having the Texas crew and myself and also the feedback Doug and a big thanks to Serpent, John Wong, and yourself for putting on a great race.. See you guys soon!!!

Last edited by flyboi33; 09-27-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Originally Posted by Doug M

Just to let everyone know we have already been contacted by racers from Puerto Rico, Brazil and Chile.

This is going to be something special!
Doug dont forget to put Dominican Republic in the Mix
Old 09-30-2013, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pressure
Ill be there!!!!!!
Courtney? Looking forward to seeing you in January!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cayo71
Hey Doug, you should rename this event as "The Words GT-8" before the Panamerican name sticks. That's how good this event is!!!

Sign me up!! I'm glad to dust off my GT once a year for this one.

Ricardo Garri.
Ricci, we have already had a World's. Everyone gets too serious and forgets to have fun. The Pan American Int'l 1/8 GT Grand Prix is a lot better! Dust off your GT and have some fun with us!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dortiz68
Last year's event was my 1st race in the GT class and 1st race in nitro. Having only 1 month (in other words a couple of weekend's) worth of experience with the GT before a big race like this, I was a little intimidated to attend such a big event which included travel from Texas. Shortly after arriving I realized going to this race was the best decision I could have ever made. I learned more during this race weekend than I ever could have practicing on my own. Add to that a very well organized event, awesome people/racers and a great track made this event the highlight of my year.

I look forward to this year's event with a little more time and experience under my belt and a burning desire to race. I just can't stop thinking about that awesome sweeper and the layout of the infield.
I know all that have been to this race in the past will not hesitate to come back but for those of you that are new to the GT class and/or nitro world, stop second guessing yourselves and book your flight for this event. You will definitely learn a lot and have a blast running anywhere in the pack.

See you in Homestead!

Daniel Ortiz
Texas GT8 Racer!!!
Thanks Daniel, we are glad you had such a great time last year. We look forward to having you race with us again in January!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joseph16
The New Yorkers Racers Team (NYRT) will be attending this event.
We had a great time back in january. We will be there for the second year in a row.
I will be booking my flight next week, looking foward to have more fun than this year event.

Take care guys!
Jose, it will be awesome to have The New Yorkers Racers Team back again, and of course the Dominican Republic will be well represented also!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Break out your 9 ports and join in on this one. Fun place to race and an excellent facility.
Thanks Gus, we hope you can come back and race with us again!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
YESSS!!! ITS SOOO GOOD TO LIVE IN SUNNY FLORIDA AND 90 MINS DRIVE TO HOMESTEAD SPEEDWAY !!! I FINALLY GET TO MEET ALL MT GT8 RACERS !!! GENTLEMEN.....START YOUR ENGINES !!!!!!! TKS JOHNNY WONG FOR KEEPING THAT FACILITY INTACT !!
Yes, we are very luck to have such a great facility! Thanks Johnny!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thunderbunny
I'm in for sho! Last year was a blast! Can't wait to see everyone again! Doug is The Man!
Let it be known that last years "Iron Man" Chris Jones will be back! Look forward to seeing you race with us Chris!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.