Team Losi 1/8 scale buggy >

Team Losi 1/8 scale buggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi 1/8 scale buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:51 AM

i wish ae would coem out with a 4wd 1/10 scale electric buggy...it would make the 4wd class take off fast, AND they would make alot of money! i mean, yes there is the bj4 but a buggy based on their tc3 or tc4 for people that are have any kind of budge. like me and would like to have a good competition buggy im 14 and i cant afford something really expensive. i work hella hard to get my money. if ae came out with a 4wd buggy..it didnt have to be something like the bj4, with all of its alum parts and cf parts. it could be similar to the xxx-4 with a tub chassis, etc etc. they would make tons of money! im not sure about losi with the 8th scale..but that would be wicked! the top 8th scale companies in my liking are OFNA/Jammin', Mugen and KYOSHO.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In regards to seeing more buggies other than Mugen/Kyosho on the podiums . Think of this : 99% of golfers are at a non professional , club type , amature level . Meaning that only 1% will beable to take full advantage of a professional designed club/putter . They build stuff for the average consumer .
Relating to the ofna's , mayhem , storm , etc buggies being the better . They are seeming to be better because 99% of the people that use them could not do better on a track if the had the "pro"(kyosho/mugen) buggy. so people just buy those because that is what is winning at the club level . Besides , do you think that the top drivers in rc racing are actually using stock outa the box buggies ? nope , just like when you see a golfer using a iron , it is custom fitted , balanced etc . for him .
They say that you are using the same buggy as the worlds best as a sales/marketing gimmick .
I for one would like to see a american 1/8 buggy , cheap parts and you can start the import VS domestic rivalry on a small scale
Old 08-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yeah it is partly the car but mainly the driver that matters in winning races.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Actually, they (the pros) are using the same buggies as we get. They get upgrades before we do but this is how the companies perform their R&D. Kyosho SP2 and TTR "flat" chassis are good examples of this. The economy of RC doesn't allow for one off custom jobs unless it's a prototype of a new product that's being brought to market.
Modified engines and special tires, shock bodies and stuff like that are another story.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Losi makes the best stuff. I just ran my JRX-s for the first time a few weeks ago and it was awesome on the first battery. If the best of the best engineers at Losi are working on a 1/8th scale you can expect it to be nothing less than perfect.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RC Noob
i wish ae would coem out with a 4wd 1/10 scale electric buggy...it would make the 4wd class take off fast, AND they would make alot of money! i mean, yes there is the bj4 but a buggy based on their tc3 or tc4 for people that are have any kind of budge. like me and would like to have a good competition buggy im 14 and i cant afford something really expensive. i work hella hard to get my money. if ae came out with a 4wd buggy..it didnt have to be something like the bj4, with all of its alum parts and cf parts. it could be similar to the xxx-4 with a tub chassis, etc etc. they would make tons of money! im not sure about losi with the 8th scale..but that would be wicked! the top 8th scale companies in my liking are OFNA/Jammin', Mugen and KYOSHO.

If anyone can feel for you on that its me. When I was in my early teens there was NOTHING cooler to me than 4wd buggies. Unfortunately for me, the YZ10, and others of that time were nearly (or more than) $600. As for you my fine 4wd fiending friend if you want something that's not totally A-main winning material and want to get into 4wd there are a few options for you. MRC's buggy isn't the best thing since slided bread but for $200 you can get running in 4wd and they have a ton of hop up stuff for it (also check out their new buggy coming out soon), also if you have a tc3 already, you can get the TC3"o" conversion for a few hundred dollars instead of spending a the couple hundred more. Even Losi's buggy isn't bad and relatively inexpensive compared to some of the others out there.

PS> sorry for turning that into a commercial but I know exactly what that kid is feeling.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I'm sure a losi buggy would be just as well done as any other. Yes, the driver is a very big part of winning but by the same right you can't knock the ofna's, etc as being not up to snuff. Plenty of pro drivers run box stock cars. Last year at the fuel nats (in Las Vegas), Hara and Amezcua's cars didn't make it to the race somehow so they went to a hobby shop and bought RTR's and ran those (obviously they didn't use the radios! LOL), and both made the A. Jay Halsey uses a stock Jammin' buggy and does well with it and if you go through the pro pits at big races, you'll find that for the most part all of them are just running stuff that you get right out of the box. Yes R&D happens throughout the teams but they don't have anything that isn't readily available to the public at some point.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Most if not all of the 1/8 pro drivers are running stock kit parts. If they are not, it is usually prototype stuff that may or may not work as well as kit parts or they have new kit parts that will be released in the next 30-60 days.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Squirrel, imo, it is everything that matters! I've seen the best driver struggle to make the main with a ill handling car.....I've also seen the best type of car in the lower mains. I've also seen what looked to be the best car and driver end up with bad luck.....

To WIN at the top level nowadays, it takes a seasoned "professional" or at least "semi-professional" driver, with good equipment, the right tires, very well prepared and a little luck.....just my opinion......, Jim
Old 09-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

is the BK2 buggy 1/8 scale or 1/10th?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

It is a 1/10th scale 2wd buggy. With the exception of the Mini-T (1/18th scale) and the LST (big) all of Team Losi's cars and trucks are 1/10th scale.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think the LST is considered an 1/8 scale. Especially with the big block motor, and 1/8 scale diffs. Too small to be an 1/10th I think
Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

IF you want to call the LST an 8th scale be my guest. Lets race your LST with my truggy and see who wins.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

He's refering to size not overall performance. I've seen a Truggy lose to a LST too. Squirrel wasn't driving it though
Old 01-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

The LST seems like an alright platform for a truggy, but a buggy seems a bit out of reach. The chassis is a bit bulky and overbuilt, but for a truggy it might work better. Some components might be transferable. Then too, it might be like HPI and the Hellfire... they have the Savage, now a truggy with the Savage engine comes out. However, the two hardly share anything other than engine displacement. If Losi decided to make a buggy off remnants of the LST chassis and drivetrain they will need to scrap almost the entire vehicle, saving a minimal amount of plastic to get the job done. The suspension is way too tall, the tranny isn't anywhere near the practicality of a buggies tranny, and the chassis is way to heavy. It would be interesting to see how it works out though.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just in case anyone was wondering: XTreme RC Products is working on QUICK RELEASE hubs for 1/8th scale buggies, as well as the REVO, and will be out before summer. I am working on getting photos now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.