Benchmarking the Best 2S Lipos

Benchmarking the Best 2S Lipos

Old 08-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
OR
you could count you time as money and just buy EA's batteries

I ran his VTA pack in my VTA car for the first time Sun and won the Speedworld Cup race in Sacramento, TQ'd as well

I had every car on the straight by 1.5 to 2 car lengths and had the only car to run in the 19secs lap
Thanks Jay. You REALLY just now ran those for the first time? You got those a while back didnt you? Congrats on the results! Good to hear the packs performed as good as the car did! Takes a great car to make batteries look good on the track!

EA
Old 08-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
No one switched over to the "Sting" packs. The sting packs are simply the owner of the factory where most of us get the good lipos from, his own brand. The owner sells the same high end packs under his own sting name. They make different grades of cells and some of the people that buy from him buy the exact same cells as sting and some do not. Some buy cheaper cells and label them as the higher ones. It just depends on who is honest and who is not. Go with a reputable manufacture and chances are your getting the same cells as a "sting" without the sting in your rear end when paying for them.

EA

P.S. And if you really want to get serious there is one company that sells 4 lines of batteries. 3 of them are all the same lower grade cheap C rating and one line is not. Just a way to sell more lipo's to people....
Trinity did.
They carry two brands.

The Revtech brand lipos are made in Japan.

Are EA batteries "sting' packs?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Oh yeah, if you guys know of some resources where we can already get all this info, by all means, let me know so i can save my damn time! haha.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Mr RCTech
Trinity did.
They carry two brands.

The Revtech brand lipos are made in Japan.

Are EA batteries "sting' packs?
Obviously you did not read my entire post. My packs were out before the owner of the company decided to offer his own brand of "sting". My packs are my packs. Sting batteries have their own nice shiny case.

Trinity didnt switch over to Sting. They are the distributor for Sting batteries in the US. They also sell Revtech packs, Trinity platinum packs and Bee Line packs.

As for where revtechs come from.

EA
Old 08-21-2013, 07:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

what you really need to do is find larry fairtrace's gfx. it is my official battery tester...
Old 08-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
what you really need to do is find larry fairtrace's gfx. it is my official battery tester...
It has treated us well for the last 3 years.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Team EAM

Yep. Using the SAME GFX for all the testing is the best you can do since they all read so different. Even if they pull the exact same amps they still read different for some reason.

EA
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

i wish this thread would answer my favorite question -- what is the best 1S battery. it could save me a lot of dough!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

you might want to consider real world, on the lap counter data. sometimes "seat of the pants" data (or hands on controller) proves to be more correct than any of these technical measurements can provide.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yep. Using the SAME GFX for all the testing is the best you can do since they all read so different. Even if they pull the exact same amps they still read different for some reason.

EA
Agreed. I expect a little variance to exist in the readings across different gear, so the idea is to always use the same equipment. This way, it'd be helpful to have at least relative measurement so people can see how batteries measure against each other.

In the meantime, i'll continue to use what I have, but if I can swing the funds, i'd like to upgrade the test equipment to provide tests at higher amp draw. Anyone wanna sell me a GFX for cheap

Alternatively, i'm considering upgrading to a higher capacity icharger or cellpro model.

Stay tuned, SMC to be added in a few days!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hanulec
i wish this thread would answer my favorite question -- what is the best 1S battery. it could save me a lot of dough!
Actually i'd like to know too! Unfortunately, most of us don't run 1S classes just yet, so it's harder for me to get my hands on test samples. Hopefully we can get into pan cars and they can be added some time in the near future.

I agree benchmarks have their limitations in revealing real-world effectiveness. Adding lap time comparisons and seat of the pants impressions would be great, but I hardly get enough track time as it is

Maybe more importantly, I simply wanna provide a resource where people can find objective data; I'm not trying to influence anyone's decisions. I certainly have my own opinions about all the packs I've run, but i'm concerned if I added in a lot of subjective info, I run the risk of tainting that focus.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

On the track is where it's at !!! For me Tp rules, forget these (wallet) interceptor packs, and make your Car(shaft only) more efficient and practice.... Happy Racing folks...
Old 08-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by silencery
Actually i'd like to know too! Unfortunately, most of us don't run 1S classes just yet, so it's harder for me to get my hands on test samples. Hopefully we can get into pan cars and they can be added some time in the near future.

I agree benchmarks have their limitations in revealing real-world effectiveness. Adding lap time comparisons and seat of the pants impressions would be great, but I hardly get enough track time as it is

Maybe more importantly, I simply wanna provide a resource where people can find objective data; I'm not trying to influence anyone's decisions. I certainly have my own opinions about all the packs I've run, but i'm concerned if I added in a lot of subjective info, I run the risk of tainting that focus.
I run both 2 cell and 1 cell.
I like the SMC for 1 cell lipo, lowest IR yet on the same charger.
Also, have tried Revtech, Venom, and the cheap cells too.

I'll stick with SMC for both 1 and 2 cells!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

F.Y.I.

There is a trick to getting lower IR with you lipos.

Has to do with temperature control and discharging.

NOT getting the lipo pack hot! This only increases IR.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr RCTech
F.Y.I.

There is a trick to getting lower IR with you lipos.

Has to do with temperature control and discharging.

NOT getting the lipo pack hot! This only increases IR.
Do you mind describing the method you use to measure IR? I'm looking for the most accurate way to get info, but I notice it can be tricky to get consistent readings across different devices.

In addition to temp, wire resistance is also a big factor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.