*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING >

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Old 06-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
VBC newbee question alert:

Can I use a different brand of spur gear in my VBC Wildfire, or are the center hole a different size?

Thanks
Yes, there are a lot of brands of spur gears that would fit.

Serpent, ARC, Panaracer, Xenon, XRAY and more.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Yes, there are a lot of brands of spur gears that would fit.

Serpent, ARC, Panaracer, Xenon, XRAY and more.
Thanks for the fast response!!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

I've been searching for the answer, apologies if this has already been asked. I guess I have myself a little confused

In reference to this chart:

What is the difference between the suspension mounts E and F? I see from the chart on the front-front we can use E10, E15 but then F00, F05, F10. Why not use E20, E25, E30?

I guess this chart has me confused as it appears fitting a wider rear-rear block will increase rear toe in but fitting a wider rear-front block will also increase rear toe in :S It seems the chart must be wrong?

I have seen solid P blocks available for front-rear instead of split blocks. If I want to use a solid block on the rear-front which type do I use E, F or P? For the rear-front block which one would be the same as C0?

TIA to anyone who can help with my confusion
Old 06-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Raceberry has some new Shock towers for the D06 to run longer shocks.

http://www.redrc.net/2014/06/raceber...ys/#more-83104

Old 06-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quantra
I've been searching for the answer, apologies if this has already been asked. I guess I have myself a little confused

In reference to this chart:

What is the difference between the suspension mounts E and F? I see from the chart on the front-front we can use E10, E15 but then F00, F05, F10. Why not use E20, E25, E30?

F blocks widen the front end of the car

I guess this chart has me confused as it appears fitting a wider rear-rear block will increase rear toe in but fitting a wider rear-front block will also increase rear toe in :S It seems the chart must be wrong? The C blocks (Other than C00) for the rear can both widen or narrow the front rear end of the car. X and Y blocks can be swapped. These blocks can also be used at the front rear to provide the same functionality.

I have seen solid P blocks available for front-rear instead of split blocks. If I want to use a solid block on the rear-front which type do I use E, F or P? For the rear-front block which one would be the same as C0? I don't believe that the solid suspension mounts would work at the rear of the car as they would interfere with the rear belt.

TIA to anyone who can help with my confusion
Originally Posted by patorz31

Already looking into carrying these.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Gridworks but I'm still a bit confused...

What is the difference between F and E blocks?

You said F blocks make the front of the car wider but E20, E25, E30 must also make the front of the car wider than using E15?

I guess I am struggling to see why there is a need for a different FF block when RR blocks can be used (at least up to a point, E15). Why can E blocks only be used on FF up to E15 then have to use F blocks? Perhaps they are the same as some F blocks just marked differently to make it easier to determine the settings?

I understand C blocks can be flipped to widen or narrow the car so I guess the error in the chart is that the narrow -> wide label for rear C blocks should be reversed to wide -> narrow. At least that way it makes sense to me xD

I guess I will have to live without a solid RF block if they don't fit, no worries =]
Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quantra
Thanks Gridworks but I'm still a bit confused...

What is the difference between F and E blocks?

You said F blocks make the front of the car wider but E20, E25, E30 must also make the front of the car wider than using E15?

I guess I am struggling to see why there is a need for a different FF block when RR blocks can be used (at least up to a point, E15). Why can E blocks only be used on FF up to E15 then have to use F blocks? Perhaps they are the same as some F blocks just marked differently to make it easier to determine the settings?

I understand C blocks can be flipped to widen or narrow the car so I guess the error in the chart is that the narrow -> wide label for rear C blocks should be reversed to wide -> narrow. At least that way it makes sense to me xD

I guess I will have to live without a solid RF block if they don't fit, no worries =]
Obviously wider blocks would widen the car. E15 is roughly the same as F00, so if you want to make it wider with the E blocks, that is your choice.

I would imagine that the reasoning in your last sentence is probably accurate.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Ok thanks again. That makes sense now. I guess when I have the chassis, some blocks and calipers to hand I can make complete sense of it. Can't wait =]
Old 06-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Are these the same geometry as the D05 shock towers?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

What diameter of the balls on the steering knuckle? I have a cracked Ballcup on one and have to find a replacement locally (non VBC) till I do my Gridworks order.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Are these the same geometry as the D05 shock towers?
According to Toni at Tonisport they make the longer shock have the same Geometry as the short one. They will be in stock there soon. I am waiting for Gridworks to get them.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

What diameter of the balls on the steering knuckle? I have a cracked Ballcup on one and have to find a replacement locally (non VBC) till I do my Gridworks order.
They're 5.5mm. I have used a Top cars rod end in a bind, it fits a little tight so you have to free it up with some pliers, but it gets you by.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
They're 5.5mm. I have used a Top cars rod end in a bind, it fits a little tight so you have to free it up with some pliers, but it gets you by.
Thanks, I appreciate that.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

According to Toni at Tonisport they make the longer shock have the same Geometry as the short one. They will be in stock there soon. I am waiting for Gridworks to get them.
Thanks Patorz.

We are also awaiting the parts for our stabilizer modification and just parts in general. We are going to be even more swamped very soon!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The d05 Towers fit the d06 but they move the holes for the shock up about 4mm higher which is too high. I'd assume the tonisport ones would meet right in the middle at 2mm higher.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.