Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Yes mate
Old 04-13-2015, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hipwell
How do I get more turn in without turning the steering up?

I have never messed with ackerman, still on kit settings. 1 degree toe out on front.
Why turn down steering rate?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ar-kit-59.html

Post# 881
Old 04-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Ordered some of the soft springs to try in the front like you do.

I don't like to turn the dual rates up too high otherwise it becomes a bit twitchy.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hipwell
Ordered some of the soft springs to try in the front like you do.

I don't like to turn the dual rates up too high otherwise it becomes a bit twitchy.
You should get a set of hards as well, they might come in handy. I asked about the compound because I notice that it's a great way to tune over steer and under steer. How do you place the compound on your tire?
Old 04-14-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

I normally place it all over all 4 tryes, but when the bite really picks up i will start to just put it around the inside of the tyres to avoid traction rolling.

I may pick up a set of the hard springs too, but im going to try rcwck's setup first, i know it may be completely different due to different class and carpet but worth a try.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Grip rolling solved tonight by just putting additive on the inside of the tyres, car was flying

My diff is leaking quite bad though, has anybody found any o rings for the outdrives that would be readily available in an rc shop or is it a case of buying an o ring kit and trying them.

I've tried green slime and instant gasket sealent neither seem to be working.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

The drives are easy for me but the diff half's usually keep leaking on one of my kits. For the drives you take green slime place around the drive then place oring in the slime then slime the washer on the side that's touching the oring (it should sort of stick the washer to the diff half). After I developed this method my drives don't leak. I also started using 2000 diff oil.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Rebuilt the diff with your method will report back on Sunday. never had a leak from the main o ring so I hope your outdrives method works.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

The drives are easy for me but the diff half's usually keep leaking on one of my kits. For the drives you take green slime place around the drive then place oring in the slime then slime the washer on the side that's touching the oring (it should sort of stick the washer to the diff half). After I developed this method my drives don't leak. I also started using 2000 diff oil.
-been doing this for the past 6 months. Works like a charm. If you don't have green slime available I found that 1mil weight silicon diff oil also works.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hey, heads up that RCMART is selling some H4 replacement parts for cheap.
Go to the "Flash Sale" section of the site, ...there isn't a lot, but what they do have is discounted pretty good.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default NitroHouse Sale

I just received a 20% off code from NitroHouse for a spring sale. Go there and subscribe for their newsletter to receive the sale code. They have most parts and hop-ups in stock. I believe you also get free shipping for a $50 order.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/

Sedan racing here is finished for the season. My H4 17.5 Sedan was untouchable this year.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcwck
I just received a 20% off code from NitroHouse for a spring sale. Go there and subscribe for their newsletter to receive the sale code. They have most parts and hop-ups in stock. I believe you also get free shipping for a $50 order.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/

Sedan racing here is finished for the season. My H4 17.5 Sedan was untouchable this year.
Congrats! I'm about to hit the asphalt with mine.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Raced mine tonight for the first time in a while. Was keeping up with yokomos and xray, but they were much better drivers than me.

Its a shame a few big names haven't used this car In the UK.

Are there many of them knocking about in the US?
Old 05-15-2015, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

...yeah, wished Ofna did some advertising of this car in the various RC magazines and such. As it is now, no one has heard of this car at any of the clubs I race with or tracks I go to. I love mine and still race it. I have no plans on switching cars, selling or trading my H4.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eR1c
...yeah, wished Ofna did some advertising of this car in the various RC magazines and such. As it is now, no one has heard of this car at any of the clubs I race with or tracks I go to. I love mine and still race it. I have no plans on switching cars, selling or trading my H4.
yeah its had next to no advertising but i also think the early reliability issues wil have put people off it.

I honestly cant remember the last time mine broke and i had a fair few knocks last night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.