HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit >

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Old 11-21-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default DJ tip

I've been applying heat shrink to the drives for some time now with good results. This adds a bit of strength, keeps lube inside and clips in place.
Attached Thumbnails HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit-hs-drives.jpg  
Old 11-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcwck
I've been applying heat shrink to the drives for some time now with good results. This adds a bit of strength, keeps lube inside and clips in place.
Thats a good idea, what lube do you put in them?

Do you put the heatshrink over both clips or just the one visible on the outside?
Old 11-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hipwell
Thats a good idea, what lube do you put in them?

Do you put the heatshrink over both clips or just the one visible on the outside?
Usually black moly lube and it has been considered the best for lube, adhesion and anti-wear properties for years.

Yes, the shrink actually wraps around the other end of the center cylinder a bit.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
Had my first run Saturday night car handled well but electronics failed in the second qualifier and it was night over.......
Old 11-23-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I read all through the thread but couldn't get a definite answer on what gearing to try, I will be running USGT with a 21.5 and I think I'm going to try that shorty 2s battery. I would like to use 64p gears if anyone has the p/n of the ones that work on this car, it just says X-ray or hpi in the manual I think guys have been around 3.90 at my track on gearing
Old 11-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

XRA305862. that's a 92t.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

ran both my cars today in vta and usgt @ the throttle junkies race at Summit rc. finished 2nd in usgt and forth in vta. Broke a front axle and finished the race with 3wd in vta. it actually snapped the shaft. the cvd is still intact. anyway, the real reason for this post is, the 4.4x2mm o rings are not leaking in the diff. hopefully that is the size that will take care of the leaks.

as for the aluminum chassis I'm trying to build, I'm still waiting on my aluminum to come in. hopefully this week it will arrive and I can start drilling.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by edonsohc
ran both my cars today in vta and usgt @ the throttle junkies race at Summit rc. finished 2nd in usgt and forth in vta. Broke a front axle and finished the race with 3wd in vta. it actually snapped the shaft. the cvd is still intact. anyway, the real reason for this post is, the 4.4x2mm o rings are not leaking in the diff. hopefully that is the size that will take care of the leaks.

as for the aluminum chassis I'm trying to build, I'm still waiting on my aluminum to come in. hopefully this week it will arrive and I can start drilling.
Sounds good, cant wait to try mine.

Dont suppose youve got a part number for those o rings have you?

Im trying to get all the weak points ironed out before i actually build it after christmas. Got some gen 3 shafts, losi shock bladders, tamiya damper bushings so i just want to get the diff sorted now.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Congrats on the race! +1 on the part# for those O-rings.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

It's a common size in any metric oring assortment like ATD tools local auto parts stores have them
Old 11-24-2014, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gtxcowboy
It's a common size in any metric oring assortment like ATD tools local auto parts stores have them
yep. I just bought a metric o ring kit and it had the 4.4x2mm size in it. says R-02 on the box. but I don't know if that's a universal part number or specific to that brand. should be able to go to any parts store or hardware store and find the correct o rings by the size. I've only got one race day on it, so I don't know if it's a fix or not. I know w/ the stock o rings, they would leak after one run. so it is better if based upon that.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

"How did you fix it? Did you buy bigger o rings for the outdrives? If so do you have a part number?"

I fixed the leaking diff by taking the entire diff and all pieces inside apart. Cleaned and removed all oil, then dried. I then put back together. Its been several weeks and no leaks. This process was mentioned on an earlier post on this thread, so I can't take credit. Some also recommend using green slime on the outdrive o rings, yet I didn't do that.

I believe that over time oil has a way of seeping out where the o rings are. Once dried it stops the flow of oil leaking. I don't think its a permanant fix, yet should hold up for awhile. At first sign of leaks I'll just repeat.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Great thanks. I will just build it and see how it goes if not i will look into new o rings.

What size are the standard ones?

4.4 x 2 doesnt seem so common.

Most RC companies who sell o rings only seem to do 4 x 2 rather than a 4.4.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hipwell
Great thanks. I will just build it and see how it goes if not i will look into new o rings.

What size are the standard ones?

4.4 x 2 doesnt seem so common.

Most RC companies who sell o rings only seem to do 4 x 2 rather than a 4.4.
stock is 5x2mm. the 4.4x2mm was in a metric o-ring kit I bought. got it for less than $14. it has sizes smaller and much larger than the 4.4x2mm. harbor freight might be a good place to check for a cheaper and smaller kit. the name on the kit I bought is performance tool.

I've got to replace an axle tonight so I'll check to see if the diff is leaking. I put my cars in my pit bag on their sides and the diff usually leaked down. hopefully all will be dry still.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

stock is 5x2mm. the 4.4x2mm was in a metric o-ring kit I bought. got it for less than $14. it has sizes smaller and much larger than the 4.4x2mm. harbor freight might be a good place to check for a cheaper and smaller kit. the name on the kit I bought is performance tool.

I've got to replace an axle tonight so I'll check to see if the diff is leaking. I put my cars in my pit bag on their sides and the diff usually leaked down. hopefully all will be dry still.
Cool keep us posted mate.

Strange that a smaller o ring seems to be working better, I thought people were trying to find one with a larger outer diameter.

Would a 4x2 fit? I can pick a pack of those up of the shelf without having to buy a selection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.