i still love the xxx-4

owned the X-5....ok but was lacking drivetrain R&D
owned the xx-4....ok but a pain to work on
owned the BJ4...3 actually...couldnt keep one..couldnt get it to handle

i just love the xxx-4....i beleive its one of the best.....atleast it is to me
Bring on the JRX-4
Old 08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Dustin- You dog, whats up? Hey, we are on the very edge of getting a consistent 4wd class at CRCRC this year. I got an academy, Jason is now getting one, Alex always has his, John has always wanted one. Handwork sounds like he is getting one, Bing has his when he races. If you come that will be at least 4. Hey throw me an pm one of these days.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I think the BJ4 proved it "handles well", since it TQed with one driver and won with a different driver.............

In reality there are alot of good choices out, which makes the class very interesting!
Although.....none of the cars in the 4w A main at the worlds were leaps and bounds faster then any other, but one version isn't for sale, one isn't for sale yet and one isn't for sale anymore?

Luckily our tracks here are pretty good, compared to the worlds surface, so My XXX4 is like butta', LOL..........Jim
Old 08-25-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
I think the BJ4 proved it "handles well", since it TQed with one driver and won with a different driver.............
yeah but it was a different car, but the bj4 should handle on any surface
Old 08-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

I don't mean to bash cars, but I agree with driver1. I was never greatly impressed by the bj4's handling everytime i saw it at big races. I mean sure, it won races everywhere, but watching it never convinced me to buy one. The world's edition looks way different though, so my impression looks like it will change.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Your impressions are being formed from watching the best drivers in the world compete against each other. The driver's capabilities at events of this level and magnitude can usually overcome deficencies in just about any platform.

People often forget that it is the driver that puts the car into the lead, not the car. The car just an extension of the driver's ability. I am not saying that the car is not ever a factor, just the fact that people often overlook how hard these drivers wind up working the transmitters hard to make up for the chassis.

I had a xxx4, and mr4bcs, I now drive the BJ4. I feel that it complements my driving style much more than the other two cars did. It will also be personal preference as to which chassis suits you best.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I always thought from watching the BJ4 go around the track that it looked pretty good, but I wasn't too keen on the body being so square(fixed now though, ) which effects the way a car looks going around the track for sure. I have recently driven one for the first time just out of curiosity Jason and I swapped transmitters after a race. I thought it handled excellent, with a little more rotation in the middle of the turn. It also seemed to be higher off the ground, or at least looked it. I felt like I could compete equally well with either my XXX4 or a BJ4. Which says alot for a small company to be so close and competitive.

As far as the cars ability, people seem to think the BJ4 has only done well in the hands of Ryan Cavalieri, but it also won the stock Nationals, Cactus, TeamLosi race Factory and Open(Bobby Phillips won in the 4wd Open class no factory drivers) as well before winning the worlds................I think that sums up the cars "competitive ability".

In reality, most drivers will likely run the 4wd that suits their other cars and trucks, since it is just easier that way for most to only need shock parts for one style and diff parts, etc.
Most of the people i've talked to with anything negative to say have a table full of cars from someone other then Associated...........So, even though I drive TeamLosi, i'm just trying to be honest with my thoughts, regardless of what i'm driving....., Jim
Old 08-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Wink

Originally Posted by DustinR
Hey, I do not see any 4wd thread so I figured now was a good time.

I have a question to start this thread.
How many and who makes 4wd offroad cars. Here is my knowledge.

Losi XXX4 available at any hobby supplier. www.teamlosi.com
Losi XX4 available used only www.ebay.com
X-5 Available only from 4wdrc www.4wdrc.cpm
BJ4 available from J-Concepts only www.jconcepts.com
Yokimo I have no idea what the current model is. Anyone know. Is there a prototype in the works. Where to buy. Website?
Durango I have no idea what the current model is. Anyone know. Is there a prototype in the works. Where to buy. Website?
Academy I have no idea what the current model is. Anyone know. Is there a prototype in the works. Where to buy. Website?
Any one have anything else to add. Even prototype. I’m just curious as to how many cars there are currently on the market. Like we know that there are 2 2wd buggies out there. Losi BK2 and Associated B4

hpi savage 25
hpi mt2
thunder tiger ssk
new thunder tiger....4got the name ek4 or sumin
traxxas revo
not sure think the jato is-traxxas
Old 08-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jakestrx400
hpi savage 25
hpi mt2
thunder tiger ssk
new thunder tiger....4got the name ek4 or sumin
traxxas revo
not sure think the jato is-traxxas
We are talking about 1/10 4wd Electric cars
Old 08-28-2005, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

hi,
Does anyone know about this new protoype kyosho? (release date, pictures, estimated price, etc). Where can you get an Acadamey? are parts readily availale?
Thanks
Old 09-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myk505
hi,
Does anyone know about this new protoype kyosho? (release date, pictures, estimated price, etc). Where can you get an Acadamey? are parts readily availale?
Thanks
It's official, the new Lazer ZX5 is here

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...ser_zx5-j.html
Old 09-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah, but what about the new Yokomo, buggy it looks so dam sexy and i can't find any info, on it, the Yokomo web site doesn't have any thing about it
Old 09-07-2005, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

that kyosho looks damn nice! does anyone know where to get one? will there be a pro version?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Well, as much as i could jack off over this car i could never afford one.

4WD is a dream for me

Sean
Old 09-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony2
yeah, but what about the new Yokomo, buggy it looks so dam sexy and i can't find any info, on it, the Yokomo web site doesn't have any thing about it
It's still in development/prototype stages. We don't even know IF they are going to release it, but the intarnet-web-hustle-bustle-rumormill seems to say that they WILL release it, but nobody knows when.

I doubt you'll see anything about the car on Yokomo's official web site until it is actually released.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.