Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
so far they've only popped off in severe crashes. the intention is that you pop them on only once during initial assembly. afterwards when you need to remove the shock you unscrew the nut that holds it on so that the cap and ball stud stay together. the kit will include a stamped wrench to make this easy.
My word, all this hand wringing over some shock caps. The kit will come with plastic pop on caps. If you don't feel comfortable with that, bore a hole in the plastic and bolt it up, Easy.

Don't why HB didn't just do that? Just pop a pillow ball into the top of the cap, drill through the cap and slide it onto a standard shock mount. Bolt it up with a silicone spacer to mold to the slope of the cap.

Done.

Jimmy
Old 02-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Old 02-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I find it quite interesting that everyone is bickering over something that isn't even out yet. You can't please everyone, so if you don't like it. Change it... Seems simple enough.....
Old 02-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murky123
all new, ready and waiting for the d413

the receiver is in another buggy right now and when promatch gets more of their 4800/90C's i'll pick up a couple of those and i'll be good to go.

Last edited by RC*PHREAK; 02-01-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
I find it quite interesting that everyone is bickering over something that isn't even out yet. You can't please everyone, so if you don't like it. Change it... Seems simple enough.....
While that is in part greatly true, There's also nothing wrong with voicing one's opinions on something you feel may be a serious point of weakness, especially if said product is not yet released. If enough people voice the same concern, SOMETIMES manufacturers are inclined to make revisions before releasing the final product.

And as far as I know, no one was bitching or moaning, just discussion debating in of all things, a forum.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
While that is in part greatly true, There's also nothing wrong with voicing one's opinions on something you feel may be a serious point of weakness, especially if said product is not yet released. If enough people voice the same concern, SOMETIMES manufacturers are inclined to make revisions before releasing the final product.

And as far as I know, no one was bitching or moaning, just discussion debating in of all things, a forum.
i agree. i didn't see any bickering. the stock plastic caps may very well be excellent. i will still want aluminum though.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK

the receiver is in another buggy right now and when promatch gets more of their 4800/90C's i'll pick up a couple of those and i'll be good to go.
I noticed you're going to use the Xerun v3 esc, I have a couple a new Tekin esc's in my parts box but don't really want to put a $200 esc in a 1/10 buggy. I was thinking about trying one of the HobbyWing Xerun sct pro esc, only about $90. I would appreciate your opinion on this esc and would it do justice to my motors. I have two new motors I can use, one is a 7.5t orion or I could use my 6.5t Reedy. In a light weight buggy running one of these motors is a high dollar esc really needed??? I just don't want to turn this into another 1k buggy..LOL I just got done building an ET48 so my wife is starting to ask silly questions....hehehhe Oh by the way your servo choice, I have the same on in one of my sct's, quick strong servo. In a baby buggy should do a great job. If it's a tad twitching get a 4.99 Spektrum glitch buster, they work great and are nice and small. You probably know that but just in case.....
Old 02-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That hobbywing is an excellent ESC but I prefer the Reventon Pro over most, if not all ESC's. I just switched from RS Pros on all my buggies to the Reventon Pro and they are just as powerful and just as smooth for less. The 1.1 now includes a low profile high speed fan, and the program box. You can also buy the Bluetooth module to be able to make changes via ANY smartphone. Their v3 motors are also top notch for around $35-$40 and their new MMM series is even better.

When I get my next wheeler I am going to transplant my electronics from my 410 and will keep running my Orion 6.5, but if and when it gives out I'll snag myself another SP motor. They also make motors with built in fans like that turnigy which is a way to run a fan on your motor without adding another component.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
That hobbywing is an excellent ESC but I prefer the Reventon Pro over most, if not all ESC's. I just switched from RS Pros on all my buggies to the Reventon Pro and they are just as powerful and just as smooth for less. The 1.1 now includes a low profile high speed fan, and the program box. You can also buy the Bluetooth module to be able to make changes via ANY smartphone. Their v3 motors are also top notch for around $35-$40 and their new MMM series is even better.

When I get my next wheeler I am going to transplant my electronics from my 410 and will keep running my Orion 6.5, but if and when it gives out I'll snag myself another SP motor. They also make motors with built in fans like that turnigy which is a way to run a fan on your motor without adding another component.
After reading your post I went to Ebay to check out what's available and what kind of prices. Wow, very reasonable! I think I need to do some research on Speed Passion. I sure like the prices, motor, esc, programing card, fan and every thing you need for around $169 with free shipping, hmmmm sure sounds tempting...
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have a HW SC 120 pro and it's a great controller too. I run it on 2 and 4S depending on what class I am running my MBX7 eco. Sometimes I run buggy lite with it so I just change motors and go to a 2S lipo. Very smooth feel.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Any undate on releases date ?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Every time someone asks about the release date, an HPI engineer gets their wings.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

i've been following this for a time.
i am sure any and all of the new wheelers are great.
when it comes down to it center diff has to be the ticket, i will get extra differentials, pack'em with different oil wt. and figure out what extras they have when it's released.
thanx for all of your input, it helps, good or bad, keeps it interesting
Old 02-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When I saw this car bull doze through a couple of broken B44's in Chico last september, and drive away unscathed, I knew I had to have one.......

Even at the Reedy race there was NO BETTER car on the track. so smooth and planted and still had plenty of steering....clearly an awesome product...and still not available.

But I just can't wait to try a new platform any longer.....A buddy just got an 2014 XB4 and its pretty amazing...

hopefully the D413 gets released...pretty soon.

I just really want a metric 4w buggy to go with my B5.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Yup having three gear diffs instead of a slipper and two ball diffs makes the car a little more "idiot proof" to set up. You can tune those based more on reading a setup off of some sheet and rely very little on "the feel" to get it right.

To me it also seems like it will simplify the maintenance needed a great deal. Just change fluid and seals every now and then and look for any slop.

Set it and forget it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.