Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:38 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

i would check motor wiring first. then check that the diffs are in the right orientation. all else fails reverse the settings on your radio
Old 03-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
Naw, just go into the radio settings and set throttle to reverse
+1
Old 03-26-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Did you calibrate the radio to the esc?
Old 03-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sofa King
or motor wiring backwards?
Sensored motors can only run wired A to A, B to B, C to C.

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
Naw, just go into the radio settings and set throttle to reverse
Most esc can't be programed with the throttle channel set to the wrong orientation.

Dollars to donuts his diffs are in wrong. Sideways, please let us know what you find.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sideways88
Can someone help me out. I have a d413 with a hobbywing v3.1 esc. and a shorty pack and the car goes backwards when i hit the throttle. Read in the manual for the esc and cant find anything for reversing the motor on the esc.

thanks
Has your radio ever been reversed on a prior kit or car...
When you bought the HW ESC, did you buy the field card or program box as well.

Check all that was mentioned on wires and diffs, if still runs backwards, buy the HW Field card for like $8 and its a quick easy way to make changes to the ESC including switching motor rotation.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Got some goodies yesterday in the mail, my Schelle chassis and a spare Front Tower & Rear tower for the upcoming outdoor season.

I was able to find a place in U.S. that had a few in stock so a couple guys at our track asked me to order them one as well.

I cant wait to get testing out the new chassis this weekend, just in time as well, since we have a big trophy race upcoming up in a couple weeks
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-rmr-413-13.jpg  
Old 03-27-2015, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
Got some goodies yesterday in the mail, my Schelle chassis and a spare Front Tower & Rear tower for the upcoming outdoor season.

I was able to find a place in U.S. that had a few in stock so a couple guys at our track asked me to order them one as well.

I cant wait to get testing out the new chassis this weekend, just in time as well, since we have a big trophy race upcoming up in a couple weeks
Please report back with your impressions of the chassis. What size and surace of track do you run on now?
Old 03-27-2015, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
Please report back with your impressions of the chassis. What size and surace of track do you run on now?
Its about a small to medium sized track. Its Clay surface and gets watered between rounds. We typically run M4 Electrons and Ions for tires.

I got to test drive a friends with the chassis a few weeks back and made big difference in going faster thru sweepers and in some of the 180s, cause then you don't get the 3wheel motion.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Here's current layout from couple weeks ago

Watch "2015 4wd club racing @ arcs" on YouTube
2015 4wd club racing @ arcs: https://youtu.be/3lNDGqL4DQ8
Old 03-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I asked a couple pages back, but I am still curious.

Guys running the Schelle, were you already running the longest wheelbase with rear shims? Did you play around with more forward swept front arms?
Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jakesterama

Guys running the Schelle, were you already running the longest wheelbase with rear shims? Did you play around with more forward swept front arms?
more than likely they just like shiny stuff and spending money. That is the reason behind most upgrades.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:00 AM
ISH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
more than likely they just like shiny stuff and spending money. That is the reason behind most upgrades.
I read somewhere that the more shiny the faster your car goes.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971

that might be for some upgrades but i can assure you that the Schelle Chassis is more then just some bling on your Rc Car. I have had the D413 since the very 1st week it came out and can tell you that the Schelle Chassis is one of the very best upgrades I have ever bought so that I can notice a difference right off the bat as from changing it from stock. for me it helps me carry more speed going into the corners and also helps me jump the car more consistent. I just got my Schelle so I am still working on a base setup but can say going from stock to Schelle alone with no other changes made a big difference for me and can also notice in my lap times.

P.s I did play with the wheel base with the shims and that did help with the stock chassis but adding the Schelle chassis seemed to be better for me. other then the Schelle chassis, diff oils, pistons and shock oils and adding 2mm shims under the Rear Camber plate I am running everything else stock setup as of now.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jakesterama

Nope, I was running the Reedy setup and didn't move washers around or change to move arms back or forward.

I ran my stock chassis and ran my friends schelle on the same race day and with the Schelle I could go faster in the sweepers and 180, without dealing with the 3 wheel motion, so it was a no brainer to buy. I'm also curious and thinking the longer chassis would help for outdoor season, so I guess I'll find out in a few weeks once its dry enough to run.

If I wanted bling I would have bought everything Exotek... LOL Wait if I add some more stickers, that will shave off 0.25 seconds a lap... LOL
Old 03-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
Nope, I was running the Reedy setup and didn't move washers around or change to move arms back or forward.

I ran my stock chassis and ran my friends schelle on the same race day and with the Schelle I could go faster in the sweepers and 180, without dealing with the 3 wheel motion, so it was a no brainer to buy. I'm also curious and thinking the longer chassis would help for outdoor season, so I guess I'll find out in a few weeks once its dry enough to run.

If I wanted bling I would have bought everything Exotek... LOL Wait if I add some more stickers, that will shave off 0.25 seconds a lap... LOL
All kidding aside, more stickers definitely makes you faster! I've done testing to prove it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.