Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
That makes absolutely no sense at all. Slop is something that is there regardless of who is driving the car. Of course they are going to say it makes no difference why would they not, the designer admitting to anything other than the way it is would send customers into a riot.

Placebo means fake, if i made an exact duplicate of the kit bar with slop built in that would be placebo but the fact is that my bar decreases slop and that my friend is something that you can see and feel, You giving an opinion on something that you have no experience with is a moot point because You simply do not know, you dont have an RCShox bar therefore you have nothing to compare to.

I never said my part did anything except get rid of slop in which it does, if you like the slop in your steering than by all means keep it, thats your choice. But to come on a public forum and talk about something that you do not know about is ridiculous and stupid at the same time. You can get out of here with that BS . Your "team" information that comes from RED RC , LiveRC or facebook or any other place except for an actual team drivers mouth is just your opinion and thats it.

Why dont you replace your wheel bearings with bushings since slop makes no difference.

I wasnt the one that ever complained about the slop in the first place. I only made something to help out the ones that do not desire steering slop whether you like it or not.

Just because the team guys dont use it (which my friend is not 100% true) doesnt mean everyone else doesnt need it. You dont drive like Tessman, nor do 98% of the people that purchased this car. And like Wildcat said slop does effect everything especially in steering.

Since you know so much why dont you tell me where this is incorrect:
stock rack has slop? yes or no
Ack bar slop equals incorrect steering angles? yes or no
Ack bar slop effects bump steer? yes or no
RCShox bar eliminates all of the above? yes or no

interesting how you can adjust your camber .5* and feel the difference but replacing a part that gets rid of up to 1.5 mm of slop does nothing, yea that makes sense.....

Far from a placebo and if you really think it is then its your single twisted opinion. Many have been sold and none have been returned so it seems to me that everyone except you is right or i have managed to flip the universe while pulling off the scam of the century on the RCtech D413 thread MUUUUUHAHAHA Gimme a break
Wall of rant much? Talk about out of touch..wow!! never will i buy your products out of the the crap you just said..What business address the consumers the way you do with MUHHHHAHAHAHA...lol..lol..lol...what a D*ck..so unprofessional its unreal.

FACTS...I will just break it down to this..you said "Far from a placebo and if you really think it is then its your single twisted opinion." MY twisted opinion? Or people that can notice a difference? like top tier drivers that need every advantage in this to win..Yet they don't make any mods or address "the slop"...Who are you again? " Get the hell out of here with that BS! How many World and Notional championships does your design team have? NONE! Have you designed an entire car for production? NOPE! You don't know crap and YOU'RE trying to make a dime on something thats means nothing in lap times...try to spin it all you want...

i will use caps cause you don't get it..THE TOP TEAM DRIVERS DONT NOTICE A DIFFERENCE...THE GUY THAT HAS VAST YEARS OF EXPERIENCE OVER YOU HAS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SAYS THATS IT FINE THE WAY HE BUILT IT. YOU EVEN HAVE AVERAGE CONSUMERS THAT SAY THEY DIDNT NOTICE A DIFFERENCE ON THE TRACK.PER ABOVE

Just stop with your f-ing BS...Make YOUR money on products that no one needs..thats great you make them and good on yea..BUT JUST STOP WITH THE BS.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow..... I think some gents need to go outback to the shed and enjoy some of grandpa's cough medicine lol. The car does have a little excess slop but hey, it drives very well with the slop. If there are people that don't like the slop there is a product out that all but eliminates it... so both parties can have what they want. The arguing about it should stop, the immaturity of grown men is appalling at times.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
Wow..... I think some gents need to go outback to the shed and enjoy some of grandpa's cough medicine lol. The car does have a little excess slop but hey, it drives very well with the slop. If there are people that don't like the slop there is a product out that all but eliminates it... so both parties can have what they want. The arguing about it should stop, the immaturity of grown men is appalling at times.
You are right ...and im sorry...just been in this hobby for a very long time and dont like how aftermarket guys make an issue of things ...that are not an issue is all...when they make money of us normal guys....it's just a bad IMO...and i will express that fact it's a terrible business tactic.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:56 PM
YoG
Tech Apprentice

Now where getting sloppy!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
You are right ...and im sorry...just been in this hobby for a very long time and dont like how aftermarket guys make an issue of things ...that are not an issue is all...when they make money of us normal guys....it's just a bad IMO...and i will express that fact it's a terrible business tactic.
Hey MasiiaM.

You say -

1 - Dont like how aftermarket guys make an issue of things ...that are not an issue is all ? Slop is an issue for me - Fucking hate it
2 - when they make money of us normal guys ? Hmmmm, let me tell a little secret , - The computer or phone you use right now.........,- Someone made money making that shit, but that doesn't make them evil fucks just waiting to hustle you. You have a simple choice. Don't buy it and go to sleep.

I chose to buy the Rcshox Ackerman, and i think it's great. Deguzman says : anyway a little bit of slop makes it so you don't have to 'break-in' a new car and it stays more consistent from the time it is freshly built till it's several race days old -

And since Hot Bodies are so trustworthy, and really good people, just making products to make you happy without ever having the intensions of making a small amount of money, we should believe that shit ????

What else did they tell you ? Ohhhh... that they would make an Alu Cap for the Car in the near future ? A dude at my track haven't driven his car for almost three weeks because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get spares if you live in the EU. Ok maybe you can find one piece here and another there if your lucky but WTF ?

HB doesn't give a flying fuck about you, as long as you pay, so please leave the small business alone, and don't accuse them for making products for those who doesn't like a car that feels like it's been driven by a small child for two hundred ours.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I think the biggest problem is that He (mantis) clutters these forums with his products. You don't see jconcepts Rep, or Avid or any other aftermarket manufacturer come into the forums to push his products. A post when something new comes out is fine. But if you want to support and do feedback and all that about your product do it in your own thread. I see this in the 22-4 thread as well, its like if you are having a problem with the car, the first thing people are brainwashed into saying have you tried the rc shox diff? No I haven't and I won't I feel the car was designed to work with the slipper, faster guys then me are turning faster laps without buying his products. And when I see someone come on and say that his products made there car worse, he is right back in the thread to justify his products.

Its all just a little low class to me to continue to push your products on these threads, like they are must have parts. I really think you need to keep all of this propaganda for your store in its own thread.

This is our forums, and the fact that he wants to come in and take them over and basically trap us into his sales pitch while we are trying to get setup help and learn about our chassis. I feel like he was a time share sales person at a vacation resort, where they promise you amain runs.

Mantis please leave these threads and move your sales pitch into your own place, just like any other reputable manufacturer. You have made a business out of cornering people into your products when they are just trying to read about thier cars.

You have done this in the sc10 4x4 forum, the 22-4 forum, and now the d413 forum that I know of. It is really time for you to let us discuss our chassis and our options without adding your .02 in all the time.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I don't think bashing anyone is the appropriate way to get your point across.. I in no means represent any company but know people asked/complained about shock pistons and steering slop and this guy tried to fix that. Lets be honest, other companies try and make you think aluminum parts are needed but only provide the bling affect and serve no other functional purpose.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

I am not bashing him, I just feel that his selling and supporting of rc shox products needs to move to its own thread. Heck even the guys from tekin and other companies like that have been asked to move thier support and product reccomendations to thier own thread in similar cases.

It is time for him to join the ranks of the other worth while companies we all support and move this stuff to his own thread.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I think Marcus is looking for feedback. It is a new product and he seeks to know how it is working and understand the issues racers have. He is very involved and takes great pride in his products. I dont think he desires to make useless products, or he would be like strc and just make an alum version of every part. People complained about the d413s' ackerman and the pistons. So like any good businessman he sought to fill the gap and help the drivers out. If he design is flawed because of bump steer issues or anything else, I am sure he would be quick to address those design issues. I have found his customer support to be very good and he goes above an beyond what manufacturers do. I think how active he is on these forums shows his enthusiasm for this hobby. If he were posting links and sales ads non stop I would agree. But he is trying to be helpful with new products he has released. I just dont see a need to bash him.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I think Marcus is looking for feedback. It is a new product and he seeks to know how it is working and understand the issues racers have. He is very involved and takes great pride in his products. I dont think he desires to make useless products, or he would be like strc and just make an alum version of every part. People complained about the d413s' ackerman and the pistons. So like any good businessman he sought to fill the gap and help the drivers out. If he design is flawed because of bump steer issues or anything else, I am sure he would be quick to address those design issues. I have found his customer support to be very good and he goes above an beyond what manufacturers do. I think how active he is on these forums shows his enthusiasm for this hobby. If he were posting links and sales ads non stop I would agree. But he is trying to be helpful with new products he has released. I just dont see a need to bash him.
+1 I'm with Wildcat!

I don't know Marcus personally, but I have purchased a number of products from him, including the D413 ackerman plate and shock pistons. The pistons filled my need of not wanting to drill the HB blanks and the ackerman plate put my mind at ease while my car is sitting in front of me on the bench (even if there is no measurable performance improvement). And I could care less if any of the pro or HB sponsored drivers use it or not. I am not them and they are not me.

I also agree that Marcus is very helpful and provides excellent customer service. He also seems to have a lot more time to test different combinations of various vehicles and parts than I ever will (lucky guy ) and here too I appreciate his informative reviews.

I can understand people think that at times some members are intrusive and just hocking their products for quick cash, but I don't see that Marcus is one of those types. Too many times we blurt out things on these forums that are derogatory or end up frustrating other members to a point that they will no longer participate, and we ultimately lose good resources.

If you don't like what another member is doing, send them a PM or put them on your ignore list and move on. Leave the drama, unconstructive criticism and arguing at the door.

Just one RC guys opinion

Last edited by slakr; 11-19-2014 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
I am not bashing him, I just feel that his selling and supporting of rc shox products needs to move to its own thread. Heck even the guys from tekin and other companies like that have been asked to move thier support and product reccomendations to thier own thread in similar cases.

It is time for him to join the ranks of the other worth while companies we all support and move this stuff to his own thread.

Mike , i respect your opinion but you are only seeing what you want to see about what i do on the forums. Before i even started RCShox i was on the forums giving my opinion just like you are giving your opinion right now. I did not bring up the question in the first place. If someone asks a question about something i made of course i will answer, why would i not? I am not posting links, I am not posting prices.
Not everyone is happy with all cars out of the box just like you are having issues with your LOSI. The only reason why this entire thing came up was because of maasiimi's ridiculous statement. Before that i didnt push anything, only answered questions. The difference with me is that those who want can actually talk to the person responsible for the product that they have. Its perfectly ok for someone to come on a thread and talk about aftermarket products just not RCShox, is that what you area saying?
Mike, not all racers are as established as you are and not all racers have the knowledge that you do either so just because it bothers you doesnt mean it bothers everyone. For every two of you there are 20 other guys that embrace the information i share and the help i provide for the community. I am not going anywhere anytime soon, if a question is asked that i feel like i can answer i will post, regardless of the topic. Its a public forum, there is an ignore function if you dont like it.

BigMike"the guys here in ohio are doing really well with these pistons, you guys should give them a try. You won't be dissapointed, the 2 guys who own the company have been racing for like 30 years each and this is the first product they had to make sure everyone could have.

http://www.visionracingproducts.com/...es-D413_c5.htm

yes they are dialed, you can see the difference in how fast the car settles down and how quickly it reacts, you get better turn in and the car doesn't scrub as much speed coming off of big jumps. Also running through rough sections is visably faster with these pistons. I am not sponsered by them, I have just used them and seen the difference in my lap times.

Use whatever piston size you normally would with the same shock oil and you will see and improvement. I have seen these run for over 10 races and no rebuild has been needed yet. Biggest killer is if you cut a valve when taking off an eclip.

You guys should really try them, they are fully supporting the d413

Also the fit and finish and the smoothness of these even over other companies machined pistons is notable, they have alot less variation in size from one piston to the next.

With that I am done with this subject.

Last edited by MantisWorx; 11-19-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slasn_48
I bought the rc shox ackerman bar it now sits in my tool box. I think the car is better with stock ackerman bar. My .02 cents.
PM me if you want to sell it. I'd like to be able to use a setup station with my car but it's kind of pointless right now. In my opinion.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Originally Posted by slakr
+1 I'm with Wildcat!

I don't know Marcus personally, but I have purchased a number of products from him, including the D413 ackerman plate and shock pistons. The pistons filled my need of not wanting to drill the HB blanks and the ackerman plate put my mind at ease while my car is sitting in front of me on the bench (even if there is no measurable performance improvement). And I could care less if any of the pro or HB sponsored drivers use it or not. I am not them and they are not me.

I also agree that Marcus is very helpful and provides excellent customer service. He also seems to have a lot more time to test different combinations of various vehicles and parts than I ever will (lucky guy ) and here too I appreciate is informative reviews.

I can understand people think that at times some members are intrusive and just hocking their products for quick cash, but I don't see that Marcus is one of those types. Too many times we blurt out things on these forums that are derogatory or end up frustrating other members to a point that they will no longer participate, and we ultimately lose good resources.

If you don't like what another member is doing, send them a PM or put them on your ignore list and move on. Leave the drama, unconstructive criticism and arguing at the door.

Just on RC guys opinion

Thank you both, this is exactly how i see it and how i approach it. I am a nutritionist and trainer for my full time job so i have lots of free time especially in the afternoons. I enjoy RC and i enjoy designing and making things always have been that way and it sucks that there are always those out there that have issues with what i do. I learned a long time ago that you cant make everyone happy and this is one of those situations. To all that support what i do, Thank you.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Wall of rant much? Talk about out of touch..wow!! never will i buy your products out of the the crap you just said..What business address the consumers the way you do with MUHHHHAHAHAHA...lol..lol..lol...what a D*ck..so unprofessional its unreal.

< Wall of rant removed >

Just stop with your f-ing BS...Make YOUR money on products that no one needs..thats great you make them and good on yea..BUT JUST STOP WITH THE BS.
For what it's worth, I think you were out of line with your original attack on Mantis and this post makes me picture you as a spoiled 12 year old kid.

-Chris
Old 11-19-2014, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

I understand what you are saying and I am totally fine with your products, and you helping people out with them. I just feel that it does sometimes take away from the car itself in the forums here if that makes any sense. And not that you shouldn't be active in the forums or help people out. Maybe there needs to be a balance where some of the posts dealing with just your items should be addressed in their own thread.

I have just seen it cause a situation where guys are spending money on items like you are selling before they even put their cars on the track, feeling that the stock items aren't even worthy of being used.

Anyways good luck with the products, I just think the arguing and everyone trying to get their points accrossed distract the thread from working on the car and the setup.

I can tell you a d413 box stock with the kit pistons and steering is a very capable car. You really don't need anything that doesn't come in the kit to go out and win races. Slop or no slop the car works very well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.