Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 08-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WalterMagnum
I'm a little curious. Why would you want the front arms to flex? Wouldn't it be better to tune with shocks/suspension geometry rather than the amount of flex in the arm? I think that is the reason Associated factory team kits are all graphite. Lighter and less flex.
Having a car that is too stiff is bad because it does not soak up the bumps well. When I had my XB4 I had all of the screws in the chassis which made it stiff as a board and was pretty bad when the track got bumpy. Took a few out for medium flex, and it was stuck to the track, bumps, and ruts, and all. I think that's why B44's are so crazy all over the place is how stiff they are.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Shock caps

Anyone have any luck of finding a set of shock caps that fit this thing?
Old 08-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nstokes100
Anyone have any luck of finding a set of shock caps that fit this thing?
AE B5

#91445 (Standoffs) and #91449 (Composite Caps)
Old 08-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Having a car that is too stiff is bad because it does not soak up the bumps well. When I had my XB4 I had all of the screws in the chassis which made it stiff as a board and was pretty bad when the track got bumpy. Took a few out for medium flex, and it was stuck to the track, bumps, and ruts, and all. I think that's why B44's are so crazy all over the place is how stiff they are.
think your might be on to something about the 44....theres rpm arms for it...should add a good amount of flex, and possibly some durability ;-) ahhh what do i care i love my d413...im not regretting the sale nor am i going back !

tower has the shock caps in stock....
Old 08-09-2014, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've noticed on Ty's set up sheets he really adjusts many aspects of the suspension depending on the track he's running on. .. or maybe because the set up is ever evolving and found new set ups that work better. On one set up sheet he runs 1mm washers under the front inner and outer front link. On another set up sheet he runs no washers under that link. Would that not be the same setting since the angle of the link hasn't changed? Essentially he lowered the link.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm sure this question has been asked but why do you run so thick of a diff oil in the center. I have a SCTE and I'm running 5-5-3. I know it's a different platform, what are the disadvantages of running lighter oils like 20K or 30K?
Old 08-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
I've noticed on Ty's set up sheets he really adjusts many aspects of the suspension depending on the track he's running on. .. or maybe because the set up is ever evolving and found new set ups that work better. On one set up sheet he runs 1mm washers under the front inner and outer front link. On another set up sheet he runs no washers under that link. Would that not be the same setting since the angle of the link hasn't changed? Essentially he lowered the link.
The issue with using Ty's setups he has posted are the tracks he's racing on are very high bite. If your track is medium bite dirt/clay mix like many here in the Midwest, then his setups may not worked the best.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

I got to run my D413 for the first time today and with some minor tweaks, it was a lot of fun to drive. I'm definitely going to get the aluminum caps when they come out. First run I managed to pop one of the caps up 2-3 threads. Is there any chance there are aluminum rear hubs and front hub carriers coming? I'd be all over those.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I installed the AE Shock caps today and must say they fit very nice. This mod will cost under $15 I think.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Legend

Can you use either cap ?
plastic or the alloy Ae cap
Old 08-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

+1 on the aluminum shock caps...postman was nice to me today...got a shock seal set, and shock plastic parts set (with 2 new caps in)....i have not had problems with my caps, until recently, where a rogue short course was parked on the straight, i had even notice him out of the corner of my eye and chose what i thought was a safe path around him...but truck decided to occupy that path/line too....had it been the b44.2 i would have torn off a-arms, bent shocks, and snapped a shocktower...i hit that truck hard (not full speed) ! but apart from adding more slop to the a-arms the only damage was the shock cap popping off its ball....but since that one pop off, it has been willing to pop off at less spectacular occasions...so new one is welcomed

people running at medium traction tracks...take a look at Josh Close setup it has worked great for me, very stable and forgiving setup....i prefer a setup that is easy to drive, it will make you relax and allow you to focus on other stuff than just keeping the car in straight.....like being able to pick your line..less likely to crash ....and ultimately more consistent....everybody can pop a quick lap...the fast guys can do it consistently !
Old 08-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Can you use either cap ?
plastic or the alloy Ae cap
I think someone reported the aluminum ones will not screw on the entirely
Old 08-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Go plastic ! I tried aluminum as well as the plastic and the plastic thread on better.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
Originally Posted by Rybeau40
The issue with using Ty's setups he has posted are the tracks he's racing on are very high bite. If your track is medium bite dirt/clay mix like many here in the Midwest, then his setups may not worked the best.
Yes, but what handling change can be expected?
Old 08-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I will be ordering one of these this week. Other than the b5 shock caps/standoffs, is there anything else I need to order?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.