1/18th scale trucks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/18th scale trucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

rc burnner, im not sure how tall you can rais the rc18t, its got to be at least an inch to and inch and a quarter. the mini quake is also a very good truck, if i were to buy another 18th truck it would be the quake.

titanium r. you might be in need of a shock rebulid kit or aluminum shock bodies. your retainer cup might be crackd, there for it leaks oil, check that if you havent already. it sounds like you have a wicked fast truck, do you have any heating issues? i run a 6800 in mine with a 2 cell 2100 thunderpower lipo and have no heating problems. do u have and problems?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spitfireo33
titanium r. you might be in need of a shock rebulid kit or aluminum shock bodies. your retainer cup might be crackd, there for it leaks oil, check that if you havent already. it sounds like you have a wicked fast truck, do you have any heating issues? i run a 6800 in mine with a 2 cell 2100 thunderpower lipo and have no heating problems. do u have and problems?
I think it is due to defective parts - retainer cups on both shocks are new. It leaked since day 1 of the car. Hope my current fix will address it.

My motor gets fairly hot - you can't touch it for too long. If I change to 2 cell lipo, I will keep the same performance without the heat? Does Lipo have longer run time than NiMh? No major issues so far. I agree with you that it's a fantastic truck.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

the mamba 8000 is made more for onroad 1/18 cars. it is like the turns for 540 size motors. 9 turn is for like touring, 13 turn is for opproad. part of your problem might be that. and you need to use a proper heat sink. like the team xray one. the 2 cell lipo has much, much longer runtimes than nimh.
when you switch to a 2 cell lipo it should be way faster because a 2 cell lipo fully charged goes up to 8.4 volts as opposed to a nimh 6 cell which goes up to 7.2-7.4 volts.

there could be a small programming error in the mamba, you should reprogram it and if that doesnt fix your problem, i dunno what will except for the usb connectors and program and update it off of your computer.
i have not tried that yet, but i hear that it works good. it could also be that you just have not noticed the speed difference?? i dont know, but i cannot explain the overheating with the nimh cells. sorry
Old 06-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

I decided on getting a mini quake. After extensive research, I think the miniquake will best fit my needs. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am looking into the rc18t and want to know if it can run on the same six cell batteries that the 1/10th scale trucks run on. can you use a super rooster esc with it?
Old 06-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Initiate

stampeder, you cannot run a rc18t with a 1/10 scale battery pack, it will be way, way to big, you need to run micro packs or lipo packs which anr more powerfull, i run a brushless 18t, with a 2 cell lipo pack and a novak xxl receiver, and many aluminum parts, a rtr stock 18t is a respectible truck, it is fairly fast while stock(around 20mph) and is druable also, it is also very easy to upgrade and obtain parts for, i run mine for racking, it runs around 35 mph with a 11 tooth pinion geer and a 60 tooth spur gear, i geared to to excelerat QUICK. you can do alot of tricks like that to make it perfor how you want it to. stock has a 14 tooth pinion and a 55 tooth spur. if you have any questions you can visit www.one18th.com, that is a very good site, i have the same user name on that website, if you want, you can pm me with questions or ask in this forum.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Initiate

hey guys, i just got 375$ im thinkin about buyin a mini t pro to add to my 18th scale collection, mamba 5400, 3racing graphite chassis, 3racing graphite uprites and a novak xxl, hitec hs81 servo and aluminum arms and suspension and arm components. if u guys have any other suggestions, about different race trucks and parts, post here again.