my tc4 whats its worth

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

my tc4 whats its worth

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

So ahead post it for sale at $400. I want to see how many people are willing to buy it.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

sorry, double post.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Can't believe the number of smart a... comments here

Seriously a TC4 isn't going to fetch a lot, your best bet is to split it up and sell it off individually, maybe get $20 on the motor, $30 on the 120A esc, $30 on the GTB, $30 on the TC4 Chassis alone and maybe another 20 on the wheels/tyres.

When it comes to 2nd hand rc gear, most people want top $$ for theirs but to pay next to nothing for someone elses so you have to be realistic in what you want to get. $400 on a TC4 simply won't happen, no matter what's in it.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

what if I hit 100mph with it how much would it sell for
Old 06-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Going faster doesn't make the car miraculously shoot up in price. You bought a 10 year old car that's worth $50.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc car freak
I want $400 for it what do I have to do to make it worth that
Spend $600 on it
Old 06-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Spend $600 on it
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!! Even though we're all being trolled your response was well worth it. Well done sir!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

To add to the discussion, many people will not pay full price when buying "used" electronics. Unless you paid cash for the electronics and are willing to give the receipt to the person who bought them, you can't guarantee or warranty that the electronics are good. Read through the trader feedback forums (http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-feedback-18/) to find out all of the ways r/c deals can go bad.

I have a few suggestions...

- Find a place to race the TC4 and have fun with it. It can be a very capable car for USVTA or USGT. A good driver can even be competitive with a TC4 in Stock Touring Car classes.

- Find someone who would be willing to trade you something for the TC4.

- Sell the individual components (or save the electronics for a different chassis).

------------

You also need to consider that someone can buy a complete Club Racer TC4 brand new for $150 (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...club&search=Go). They could also buy a decent new speed control/motor combo for around $150. So someone can basically get a TC4 (minus tires/body) new for $300, which is why it is overly optimistic to ask $400 for a TC4 with electronics.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
To add to the discussion, many people will not pay full price when buying "used" electronics. Unless you paid cash for the electronics and are willing to give the receipt to the person who bought them, you can't guarantee or warranty that the electronics are good. Read through the trader feedback forums (http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-feedback-18/) to find out all of the ways r/c deals can go bad.

I have a few suggestions...

- Find a place to race the TC4 and have fun with it. It can be a very capable car for USVTA or USGT. A good driver can even be competitive with a TC4 in Stock Touring Car classes.

- Find someone who would be willing to trade you something for the TC4.

- Sell the individual components (or save the electronics for a different chassis).

------------

You also need to consider that someone can buy a complete Club Racer TC4 brand new for $150 (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...club&search=Go). They could also buy a decent new speed control/motor combo for around $150. So someone can basically get a TC4 (minus tires/body) new for $300, which is why it is overly optimistic to ask $400 for a TC4 with electronics.
And if you're a Tower Hobbies Club Member you can knock $50 off that price with coupon code 011M7, bringing it down to $250 with FREE shipping for club members (costs $10/yr to join the club).
Old 06-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'd be interested in just the chassis if you would like to split it up. If you are send me some pics of the chassis.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not many people can ask a question so far out there and have such unreasonable expectations that normally helpful racers become trolls in response to the whole thread. It has been entertaining. Thank you for that. Its still not worth more than $50 bucks. And if you can get it to 100mph I will give you $20 for it. The electronics are worth nothing to me. There are people who would use it as a VTA car. Why dont you just make it available to a good home.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

I would trade it for any axial truck/crawler
or gmade crawler
I like crawling better

Last edited by rc car freak; 06-14-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: forgot something