Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread >

Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread

Like Tree35Likes

Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-24-2018, 07:02 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: alex4r
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts (* = required to update ZX6 to ZX6.6 platform)

LA359B - Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)*
LA375 - Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)*
LA375-01 - Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 - Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 - Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)*
LA377 - Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)* (x2)
LA378 - Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)*
LA379 - Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)*
LAW54B-01 - HD Chassis*
LA355B - Side guard set*
UM713B - Rear Arms (from RB6)*
UM561 - Outer rear hinge pins*
LA236-12B - 1.2mm Front sway bar*
LA351B 4-hole front shock tower*

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals

Lazer ZX6.6
Lazer ZX6

After Market Bodies

JConcepts Silencer

Weight Reduction options for 13.5 Class

Chassis:
UMW711B - Carbon composite rear arms
LAW60 - Carbon composite front upper bulkhead
LAW61 - Carbon composite rear upper bulkhead
LAW52 - Carbon composite front chassis brace
LAW53 - Carbon composite rear chassis brace
LA209HB - Carbon composite gear boxes (pinion bearing retainer & upper gearbox half only, lower half not compatible/saves 4.6g total)
Driveline:
LA211B - Plastic drive cups for center drive shafts coming out of front & rear gear boxes (requires drilling two holes for set screws to secure LA379)
TFW001 - Aluminum blade style outdrives (for ball diff/requires TF013)
LA202 - Aluminum pinion shafts (for ball diff)
TFW126 - VVC outdrives (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
TFW008 - VVC cross pins (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
Misc:
LAB06LW - LW Blade body
SK0402 - Ti screw set (Available at Lunsfordracing.com)
PTK-T-2111 - Ti screw set (cheaper, slightly less durable option)
LNS7765 - Ti ball studs
LNS2688 - Ti Turnbuckles
LNS36107 - Ti Turnbuckles (super duty)
W0201H - Hard anodized lower shock balls
1-N3024A-R - Aluminum M3x2.4 nuts (for shock standoffs)
1-N3033NA-R - Aluminum M3x3.3 locknuts

Print Wikipost

Old 08-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi peeps, I'd like to try the gear diffs, is this the correct number LAW50 and do you need the gear diff case LAW50-01 or does the original case work.

Also what oils work best for low to medium traction indoor clay?

Cheers Justin
Old 08-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Just a heads up for anyone building the kit in the side servo layout as per my pics above. I found I had to remove material from the ball cup, chassis brace and side of the servo horn as I had interference between the top of the horn and brace and between the horn and drive shaft.

Also , the optional aluminium servo horn does not fit at all in this setup and the Lunsford ball studs (rb6 kit) are generally too long and will rub the outdrives, front drive shaft etc unless you cut them down a bit.

Also, if you are planning on running RB6 rear arms you need the rb6 inner hinge pins! Doh.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zylux
Just a heads up for anyone building the kit in the side servo layout as per my pics above. I found I had to remove material from the ball cup, chassis brace and side of the servo horn as I had interference between the top of the horn and brace and between the horn and drive shaft.

Also , the optional aluminium servo horn does not fit at all in this setup and the Lunsford ball studs (rb6 kit) are generally too long and will rub the outdrives, front drive shaft etc unless you cut them down a bit.

Also, if you are planning on running RB6 rear arms you need the rb6 inner hinge pins! Doh.
You mean the outer hinge pin?
Old 08-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What is the benefit of running RB6 rear arms?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Jpm1
Hi peeps, I'd like to try the gear diffs, is this the correct number LAW50 and do you need the gear diff case LAW50-01 or does the original case work.

Also what oils work best for low to medium traction indoor clay?

Cheers Justin
I'll start with 10k diff oil then work down
Old 08-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This nice little build from Ben came up on my FB feed via Kyosho Australia on gear diffs and the bearings are a nice tip.
http://www.bensterlingrc.com/how-to-...zx6-gear-diff/
Old 08-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
You mean the outer hinge pin?
Yes , outer hinge pin. Sorry about that.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Hey, I'm noticing my front center driveshaft keeps popping out, any idea why?

Ive put the sponges both up front, I've used my extra sponges from a different build, Some in front some in rear etc, what I think is happening is chassis flex? I'm not sure, but I've tore this down 3x now trying to get it to not pop out. I'm not even driving on a track, just on the street.

Last edited by CaseyDDR; 08-08-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:03 PM
tef
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KalEl63
This nice little build from Ben came up on my FB feed via Kyosho Australia on gear diffs and the bearings are a nice tip.
http://www.bensterlingrc.com/how-to-...zx6-gear-diff/
Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Hey, I'm noticing my front center driveshaft keeps popping out, any idea why?

Ive put the sponges both up front, I've used my extra sponges from a different build, Some in front some in rear etc, what I think is happening is chassis flex? I'm not sure, but I've tore this down 3x now trying to get it to not pop out. I'm not even driving on a track, just on the street.

Did you put the plastic screw cover inside the outdrive like the ones in the diff opposite the diff nut? If you leave that out it will pop out. I highly suggest following the manual and mot adding additional foam. Because of the angle of the front center outdrive if its pushed in to far it could cause too much bind.

I drove the car last night for the first time and my first impressions of the car are positive. It was lazy getting in and out but a few small tweaks and she came alive. Didnt have any issues with the center driveline popping out and I run a 6.5 with 20% esc timing.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tef
Did you put the plastic screw cover inside the outdrive like the ones in the diff opposite the diff nut? If you leave that out it will pop out. I highly suggest following the manual and mot adding additional foam. Because of the angle of the front center outdrive if its pushed in to far it could cause too much bind.

I drove the car last night for the first time and my first impressions of the car are positive. It was lazy getting in and out but a few small tweaks and she came alive. Didnt have any issues with the center driveline popping out and I run a 6.5 with 20% esc timing.
Would u mind sharing what tweaks u made?
Old 08-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by tef

I did miss that and have put it in. Thanks for the catch.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:16 PM
tef
Tech Regular

Would u mind sharing what tweaks u made?

Sure. I started with 32.5/1.6/red front and 27.5/1.6/gold rear. Rear hubs forward with kit setup links. Slipper was med/tight with stock flat arms. Car was way to soft and felt like it was sitting on the rear. It pushed into the turn and it pushed out. Usually my rule of thumb is off power issues are done at the front and on power is usually done at the rear as far as tweaks go. I left the front alone except went down to the gold fronts from red and went up to 35 oil. In the rear I slid the rear hubs back, uped the oil to 32.5 and went to the number 2 hole on the V2 hubs, was running 3/4 hole. I also tightened up the slipper too. These changes alone made the car explosive entering and exiting corners and was very easy to drive fast. Im going back to the track Sunday and will be trying more anti squat to get more drive out of the corner. My home track is med. grip and i ran m4 subs rear and m4 transistor fronts. I used the AKA adapter 2.4" kit for the fronts.

I added a pic to show the layout. I know some people have electronics in different spots.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by tef; 08-08-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

In most of the ZX6 I have seen so far it seems that regular size servo is the way to do...why is that? Does it balance the car better?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tef
Sure. I started with 32.5/1.6/red front and 27.5/1.6/gold rear. Rear hubs forward with kit setup links. Slipper was med/tight with stock flat arms. Car was way to soft and felt like it was sitting on the rear. It pushed into the turn and it pushed out. Usually my rule of thumb is off power issues are done at the front and on power is usually done at the rear as far as tweaks go. I left the front alone except went down to the gold fronts from red and went up to 35 oil. In the rear I slid the rear hubs back, uped the oil to 32.5 and went to the number 2 hole on the V2 hubs, was running 3/4 hole. I also tightened up the slipper too. These changes alone made the car explosive entering and exiting corners and was very easy to drive fast. Im going back to the track Sunday and will be trying more anti squat to get more drive out of the corner. My home track is med. grip and i ran m4 subs rear and m4 transistor fronts. I used the AKA adapter 2.4" kit for the fronts.

I added a pic to show the layout. I know some people have electronics in different spots.
Great info, thanks. so to understand more anti squat helps with forward bite?
Old 08-08-2014, 10:02 PM
tef
Tech Regular

Great info, thanks. so to understand more anti squat helps with forward bite?

Yes but reduces side bite. Everything is a trade off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.