Wiki Posts
Search

New Novak Brusless System

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Once you initially set your GTB w/ the throttle trims using the one-touch programming...

If you switch from a 13.5R to a 4.5R motor or vice versa do you need to do any other reprogramming? I'm just wondering if the default Profile of 1 is fine for any of the brushless motors.

The only reason I ask is because the way I have my GTB mounted in a TA05R I cannot see the LEDs. So after initially doing my throttle settings I'm wondering if I need to view the LEDs at another time. Normally I do not do custom profile settings nor will I be switching from Brushless to Brushed...

Thanks in advance Novak
i run profile #1 in all my novak motors (3.5,4.5,5.5, 10.5 and 13.5) with no problems, i always like to mount the gtb where i can see the LED's
Old 05-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Once you initially set your GTB w/ the throttle trims using the one-touch programming...

If you switch from a 13.5R to a 4.5R motor or vice versa do you need to do any other reprogramming? I'm just wondering if the default Profile of 1 is fine for any of the brushless motors.

The only reason I ask is because the way I have my GTB mounted in a TA05R I cannot see the LEDs. So after initially doing my throttle settings I'm wondering if I need to view the LEDs at another time. Normally I do not do custom profile settings nor will I be switching from Brushless to Brushed...

Thanks in advance Novak
I've tried them all and the #1 profile is like the all round setting and the smoothest from bottom end to top end as for me.
From 13.5 to 3.5.
And I think it runs cooler to? (The ESC).
Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i run profile #1 in all my novak motors (3.5,4.5,5.5, 10.5 and 13.5) with no problems, i always like to mount the gtb where i can see the LED's
Yea usually I do but the TA05R is very limited in what you can do with the ESC. Thanks for the info though. I doubleside tape my GTBs so if I really had to pull it out ever to reset the ESC I could re-tape it. I wanted to make sure I didn't need to see the LEDs if I was just swapping motors.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone knows if the GTB/SS13.5.5 Pro Stock Brushless System (P/N:3013) already come with the new GTB with Lipo cutoff?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diha
Does anyone knows if the GTB/SS13.5.5 Pro Stock Brushless System (P/N:3013) already come with the new GTB with Lipo cutoff?
i believe this system does!! part #3032
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...ems/index.html
Old 05-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i believe this system does!! part #3032
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...ems/index.html
Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the info, but I was referring to GTB.
I did enquried with Tower if their GTB/SS13.5 brushless sys come with the new GTB but they are not sure???
Old 05-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Charlie,

I got your email about the NEW Test motors, but my return email bounced back.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU and I can't wait to get them on the track and do some testing.

I'm going to guess with that wind combo we're going to be looking at close to a 2100kV or rpm?

Joe Myers

Last edited by SWTour; 05-08-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The new GTB/ss/lipo does not come with any system yet. I just got mine yesterday..awesome looking! Towers 13.5 was not the latest so I bought the ribbed pro 10.5 instead. (do not take that out of context )
Figured I'd end up with a 19t anyway.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Help!! I just installed a GTX with a 2-cell smart stop switch and I am setting up the ESC as per directions . It says to hold the button in before i turn on the speed control and wait for the red light to release and I did. But when I let go of the button a amber light appears next to the red light and it wont respone when I pull on my throttle to perform the set up? My steering works but nothing else. I don't have my charger yet for my li-po pack so I am wondering if the smart stop is interferring with this, it's a new pack and should have some sort of charge in it? Do I need to set up the ESC with the stock pack and disengage the smart stop? I just spent so much money on this stuff and it's not working. The sad part is I lost my reciept. HELP!!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I have steering
Old 05-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Company Representative

Suggest e-mailing [email protected] with your questions.

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Help!! I just installed a GTX with a 2-cell smart stop switch and I am setting up the ESC as per directions . It says to hold the button in before i turn on the speed control and wait for the red light to release and I did. But when I let go of the button a amber light appears next to the red light and it wont respone when I pull on my throttle to perform the set up? My steering works but nothing else. I don't have my charger yet for my li-po pack so I am wondering if the smart stop is interferring with this, it's a new pack and should have some sort of charge in it? Do I need to set up the ESC with the stock pack and disengage the smart stop? I just spent so much money on this stuff and it's not working. The sad part is I lost my reciept. HELP!!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

NovakTwo

Not sure if it's fixed or not, but yesterday all the @teamnovak.com emails seemed to get bounced back.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diha
Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the info, but I was referring to GTB.
I did enquried with Tower if their GTB/SS13.5 brushless sys come with the new GTB but they are not sure???
Read below

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/gtb/index.html

"...............In addition, the GTB Brushless/Brush ESC includes Built-in Li-Po Cut-Off Circuitry, which monitors the vehicle’s Lithium Polymer battery pack’s voltage, and prevents the batteries from going below the critical safety voltage level (6.25 volts).........."

However, there is no garantee the place that you are going to buy (or you bought) are the latest batch of GTB that equipped with Lipo-cut off. If you have not bought yet, better purchase one from LHS and have them to test or confirm it in front of you..........I think that is the BEST way to get Novak Brushless system right now cause you will have 2 things to find out...(1) the BL motor are the one with ribbed case and sintered rotor...(2) the GTB with the Li-po Cut off...

Novak SHOULD add a label (sticker) onto the box and calling out these 2 update for customer....or they might already did that. And thats why they have the #1 support regarding the speedo and BL system.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:18 AM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by Solara
Novak SHOULD add a label (sticker) onto the box and calling out these 2 update for customer....or they might already did that. And thats why they have the #1 support regarding the speedo and BL system.
We've already got you covered.
Attached Thumbnails New Novak Brusless System-gtbboxstickers.jpg  
Old 05-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
We've already got you covered.
See, thats why NOVAK is still #1 on my list.....they think ahead (way ahead of me at least...LOL)

Alright...I have my 4.5 ready for some outdoor "OUTRUN"....however, my buddy G12314 jsut told me his horrible story.........what is the take now? I am running my TA05R with 4.5 and the worst thing....4800 LIPO right next to it.....G12314 was very lucky there was someone BRAVE enough to pick up his on fire ZX5 with 3200 LIPO right inside and take care of it...I am not sure there will be anyone @ hobbytown willing to do that, they would rather see my car on fire and explode...

What cause that happened..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.