Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Ultimate Hobbies New Store in Orange, CA >

Ultimate Hobbies New Store in Orange, CA

Ultimate Hobbies New Store in Orange, CA

Old 05-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ultimate Hobbies New Store in Orange, CA

Ultimate Hobbies is looking for experienced and knowledgeable individuals with a passion for RC. We have expanded to a new location on the corner of Tustin Ave and Katella in the City of Orange, Ca. With the expansion provides opportunity. F/T and P/T positions are available. Flexible hours, competitive pay, DISCOUNTS on PARTS! Any interested parties can contact Chris Higa via email at [email protected] or stop by the shop for an employment application. We are hoping to be open by Thrusday or Friday this week.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

You guys are great. Always easy to talk to and work with the customer to get them happy.

Hope to see finally the Academy vehicles listed on the website as we pretty much direct everyone to you guys when they want to buy the vehicles.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Cain: Thanks for the kind words. We enjoy our relationship with Academy and the products that they produce.

ATTENTION: Ultimate Hobbies is NOW OPEN! We will be opening are doors for business on Friday, May 27. Come by the new showroom and see the expanded location.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Here is the new address and phone # for the new store

Ultimate Hobbies
1536 E Katella Ave
Orange, CA 92867
NEW # 714-538-3111
Old 05-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Less work to my shop
Old 05-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Are you guys going to have one of those sweet sales on Monday?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is anyone else having problems getting your order (or even a call back) from Ultimate Hobbies?

I placed an order 10 days ago via website for in stock item, I have "thank you" order receipt in my hand, but still no arrival of item, no charge to my credit card, and the worst part, when I call to check on the order all you get is an automated answering machine going to option for shipping where no one ever seems to be there to answer the phone, leave a message, no call back. Finally ignored the automated system and got a live person on the line, who also couldn't raise anybody in "shipping" , who took a message to place on the guy's desk, ("must be out to lunch") but still no call back.

I know they relocated recently, but this sucks. I don't want to order elsewhere and end up having them ship it to me very late, but geez.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

The service at Ultimate is usually awesome. I have no doubt that they will make things right, if you give them a little more time.

I checked out the new shop a couple of days ago. It's huge!!! It'll be great once they get things set up. However, when I was there, they did seem to be a bit overwhelmed by the move. The guys clearly weren't used to the new shop and were having a tough time finding some items that I needed.

With time, Ultimate will end up being even more ultimate than it was before. We just need to be patient so that they can get all set up.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default service

Ultimate Hobbies has a love em or hate em reputation. I too shop there a lot because they have just about everything and they are only a block away. Sometimes I get good service and sometimes they just flat out try to look busy and ignore you. True they are still trying to settle in and they are understaffed as indicated by the help wanted sign. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

I was out there last night, and the new locale is huge. There's lots of potential to stock more items. However, I couldn't get all of the parts I needed, because they are stilll unpacking boxes.

But one thing that impressed me (and if this is not new, then I just noticed it this time) was that they are keeping inventory in the computer. So they are able to look up an item, via part number, and tell me if they have it in stock. This has got to be useful with the larger store. I don't remember any of the sales associates ever looking up a part number for me on the computer back at the old location. Can't wait to see it when it's fully operational.