Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR4TC BD vs. FK 05 vs. 415 MS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by edseb
Be careful too, from a lot of drivers, I've heard the 415 tweaks real easy. Needs to be loosened on the bottom and reset after the smallest of hits; like hitting a dot. No way to solve this since there are so many decks and support tubes. It's a good driving car, but tweaks easy.
Absolutely untrue.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Absolutely true. I witnessed it firsthand. Alos, how are you going to prevent all those decks from moving?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edseb
Absolutely true. I witnessed it firsthand. Alos, how are you going to prevent all those decks from moving?
ditto.

carl is correct. i have the car, been running it for awhile, and @ socal, i spend alot of time unscrewing and rescrewing the top deck. i even have my tweak station ready after a run.

the car does tweak easily, but does drive well. not the cars fault, i just have to stay off the dots. i got this car cause i wanted to drive the tamiya track, but since i've gotten it, i haven't had the time to make it down there.

anyway, i've seen the bd in action and it's pretty sweet. xray, can't comment, but i've seen hodapp and some other guys @ socal that are pretty fast.

if i didn't invest so much in parts on the 415ms, i'd probably jump over to corally. the car is dialed. nuff said.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

I absolutely disagree, if you are tweaking your chassis then you are not tightening the screws well enough or there is something you are doing wrong. I'm not the only one of my friends owning a 415 to find that car pretty much tweak free, and that includes some of the best Uk drivers.

And I think it's due to all the decks, since when you crash the loads are going to the mid decks from the turnbuckles and directly to the chassis via the posts that holds them instead of going to the bulkheads and the main strut of the car.. If you don't run the posts, then maybe you might experience more tweak issues than if you do.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i can't comment on the other cars but the BD is a easy car to work on. especially the access to the diffs and center pulley.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

I cannot say for the MS as the chassis is thinner, but I have a stock 415 (3mm chassis) and this car does NOT tweak easy at all! But I have seen the tweak easy when the car was not properly assembled or set-up.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

I love the BD for working on, i changed the whole drivetrain the other night in 5 minutes.

Also have not broken it yet
Old 05-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

"Xray, can't comment" ..... hhmmmm, something lousy about her performance ? Arrrghh....... FK 05I is actually my dream car !!!! I thought FK 05 has the lowest CG than BD and 415MS.

BTW, I've seen 415 MS in action against SDW. The fight last 2 session with modified motors. Lots of 415, 415 MS, T1 FK, SD joined exhibition race filmed for local TV cable. The MS could enter tight corner as fast as SDW and interestingly the SDW ( experience group A driver ) lost against 415 MS ( newbee driver but very talented ). Dohhh !!!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

naw, homie.

the reason i can't comment on the xray is cause i have never driven one. what i did say was that i saw greg hodapp and other drivers wheel the new xray, and it was fast. so, yes i think it is a good chassis, but that's all i can tell you. i can't comment on the specifics, but from what i've seen it seems to perform well.

last weekend, my friend calvin (w/ his xray) beat my other friend with his 415ms. it was a good battle.

btw,

i like my 415ms, and will continue to run it. i will probably even get a new chassis. the car responds well to mintue setup changes, and fun to drive when everything working. my only two complaints that i have experienced are the tweaking (but already knew the solution) and working on the tranny. it isn't the most user-friendly.

trf boy,

i do run the thinner chassis w/o the posts, so perhaps you are correct as to why my chassis tweaks easily. as for setup and rebuilding, i'm pretty thorough. it's not from not screwing in the screws tightly or setup. i know it's all in the driving- stay off the dots and it's all good.

not sure if you ever been to socal raceway, but that track has these big metal dots and stiff boards. it's not the most chassis-friendly track.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

BD ALL THE WAY!!!!

easy access diffs
easy access spur and center one-way
easy transmission tweaking
super solid construction
lots of parts in common with other yoke kits
spool and locked center available
best shocks in the market
not to mention one of the sweetest handling cars you're ever going to drive
Old 05-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

*cough*...I don't understand how people can compare cars like this. Depends on driver preference, track, parts availability....so on and so forth. I'm sure the driver has a "small" role in how fast your car will go...

My solution to this madness is to GET ALL OF THEM! Hehe...

Gary
Old 05-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

HB / HPI Cyclone when it gets released.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DickemDown
naw, homie.

the reason i can't comment on the xray is cause i have never driven one. what i did say was that i saw greg hodapp and other drivers wheel the new xray, and it was fast. so, yes i think it is a good chassis, but that's all i can tell you. i can't comment on the specifics, but from what i've seen it seems to perform well.

last weekend, my friend calvin (w/ his xray) beat my other friend with his 415ms. it was a good battle.

btw,

i like my 415ms, and will continue to run it. i will probably even get a new chassis. the car responds well to mintue setup changes, and fun to drive when everything working. my only two complaints that i have experienced are the tweaking (but already knew the solution) and working on the tranny. it isn't the most user-friendly.

trf boy,

i do run the thinner chassis w/o the posts, so perhaps you are correct as to why my chassis tweaks easily. as for setup and rebuilding, i'm pretty thorough. it's not from not screwing in the screws tightly or setup. i know it's all in the driving- stay off the dots and it's all good.

not sure if you ever been to socal raceway, but that track has these big metal dots and stiff boards. it's not the most chassis-friendly track.

herb or jim? im trying to figure out who you are (calvin laid a spanking down last sunday )
Old 05-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki
herb or jim? im trying to figure out who you are (calvin laid a spanking down last sunday )
what up chris!

it's herb.

congrats on getting into the reedy race. when it looked like it was 2nd year of getting dogged, i flet bad for ya, man. you're a huge tamiya supporter, so i felt you deserved a spot.

good luck, bro and have a great time!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

factory corally this car is bomb it dont tweak and it wont break , dope car all around

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.