Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO >

NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO

NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO

Old 07-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Viktor
By the way, who and what set of springs used? collecting information for my thoughts.
Hey mate I have tried yokomo pink and blue , ride blue and hpi silver springs the hpi silvers where the easy to drive and the yokomo springs had the most steering but I found they are to soft on a bigger tracks as I used them some days before on a small track and they where great and the ride blue springs I found somewhere between I hope this helps .
Old 07-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Is the EVO available anywhere in North America yet?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by patorz31
I am not to sure in Nth America im sure u shouldn't have a problem even if you email the guys from Team magic and ask where to find someone,
i know they will be happy to help you out and are very helpful,
Old 07-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by patorz31
Hello !

May be you can ask Amain Hobbies to order the EVO @ TM for you.

They had the E4RS II, as well as the parts... but it seems they don't have the EVO yet.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by monokenny
Dear all:

I have a brand new Team Magic RSIIEVO for sale within USA.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...uring-car.html

Thanks
Best Regards
MK

Hello..Patorz31...this guy had left message for selling EVO in USA. you can check it.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

I done some testing of different sway bars today at my local track. I have found the kit sway bars the best for me via laptimes and how I like the car to drive.
I went to a 1.3 front from the kit 1.4 at the front and found it had less steering at hi speed but was smoother low speed and for the rear I went from the kit 1.2 rear to a 1.3 and found the car lost rear grip at low speed but not in a good way but was ok at hi speed, This was tested with hpi silver springs change in sway bars with other springs could have a different effect.

All in all the car has a great balance and good cnr speed and also responds to setup change well. It's a very nice car to drive .
Old 08-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ckracer
I am not to sure in Nth America im sure u shouldn't have a problem even if you email the guys from Team magic and ask where to find someone,
i know they will be happy to help you out and are very helpful,

Yeap, or you can leave message in Team Magic FB, I think they will reply to you.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Sandy Iavazzo
I done some testing of different sway bars today at my local track. I have found the kit sway bars the best for me via laptimes and how I like the car to drive.
I went to a 1.3 front from the kit 1.4 at the front and found it had less steering at hi speed but was smoother low speed and for the rear I went from the kit 1.2 rear to a 1.3 and found the car lost rear grip at low speed but not in a good way but was ok at hi speed, This was tested with hpi silver springs change in sway bars with other springs could have a different effect.

All in all the car has a great balance and good cnr speed and also responds to setup change w

I agree with you Sandy, I can say that my results are much better with E4RS2EVO

For comparison, Sandy what kind of oil do you use?
I use 400, the basic setup is written 600, but for me it's too hard oil.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, 400 is the basis.

I think TM use 600 because they have a lot of 600 bottles in stock , which is no more a good choice with the new pistons we choose.

Interesting oil range is 350-450

Anti roll bars are 1.3 to 1.5 front and 1.2 to 1.4 rear. I mostly use 1.4 front with 1.3 rear.

For springs, I mostly use the Ride ones (green/blue/red/purple).
Old 08-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have been using 350 oil everywhere so far and I think 350 to 400 oil is a good start point. With springs I have used the yok pink and blue at most tracks and car is very smooth and easy to drive.
Also I use tshox green springs front and rear and they work very good and a lot of grip, at some tracks too much.

With swaybars I find standard works good on most track perfect if u go lighter in front car is smoother and nicer to drive on infields and and s turns But can under-steer on high speed sweepers.
So maybe harder on rear sometimes better option but its just all about trying to get the balance u like.
And always these things are just tuning options for different tracks, tires, grip levels and driving styles. no1 is the same!!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

anyone running this car on carpet yet? I have one on the way(spool version) and am looking for a beginning setup. thanks.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Sandy Iavazzo

All in all the car has a great balance and good cnr speed and also responds to setup change w

I agree with you Sandy, I can say that my results are much better with E4RS2EVO

For comparison, Sandy what kind of oil do you use?

Hey mate I have been swapping between xray 350 and 400 oil in my shocks I have found that 400 has more grip and a better balance 350 is only better if its very cold, Hope this helps
Old 08-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
anyone running this car on carpet yet? I have one on the way(spool version) and am looking for a beginning setup. thanks.
Hello

Try this setup on carpet: http://blog.hrcdistribution.com/setu..._II_EVO_LT.pdf

It's a mix between our carpet setup of last winter (with previous E4RS II model), and outdoor setup. All the washers and spacers are same as our carpet setup (roll center and suspension). You just have to start with this basis and to manage springs and oil (I think 400/450 cst).

If you have very high grip, you can try front diff with Ride putty (45).
Old 08-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ferrarim5
Upper bulkhead and servo mount made by Aluminum 7075 is not ostentation. The surface is the mostly flawless and smooth, felt tougher and stiffer as well. The screws are well-matched for the holes.

Attachment 1076066

Attachment 1076067
Does anyone know where I can by this servo mount in the U.S. and if not in the U.S. then anywhere else, I cant find it

The closest I could find is this....
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Servo-Mount
Alas tis not what I want, mainly I dont like the single hole mount on the one side or the fact it is not all one piece. Please Help!

Thank You,
Old 08-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Arsenal2012
Does anyone know where I can by this servo mount in the U.S. and if not in the U.S. then anywhere else, I cant find it

The closest I could find is this....
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Servo-Mount
Alas tis not what I want, mainly I dont like the single hole mount on the one side or the fact it is not all one piece. Please Help!

Thank You,
Hello

Right now, there are no US retailer for the EVO and EVO parts.

Amain Hobbies had the E4RS II (2012 car), but not the EVO yet. May be you can ask them to order the part you need.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.