Factory Team TC4 from RCX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Factory Team TC4 from RCX

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

I think this car is underweight, I see nothing wrong with those adapters.
but otherwise, this car doesn´t look like an associated one.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

whats with the scabbed on Antenna mount?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

They need to dump the cheap leaky plastic shock caps, or do they like sending business to Yokomo for their bladder caps?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wothrottle
I think this car is underweight, I see nothing wrong with those adapters.
but otherwise, this car doesn´t look like an associated one.
Nope, the standard tc4 even with alloy screws and titanium turnbuckles is well over weight when using gp37's. Unless maybe your radio gear is lighter than air lol.

Thepitcrew - I told them they should put diaphragms in their shocks when the first released the tc3 and they claimed their daft foam was a better volume compensation system
Old 05-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Does any know what diffs they are using. The pic of the rear end show an cut out in the material. Are they stell or Aluminum cut out maybe?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fastasu2
Does any know what diffs they are using. The pic of the rear end show an cut out in the material. Are they stell or Aluminum cut out maybe?
They are the lightweight steal ones already available
31062 TC4 Lightened Steel Diff Outdrives pr $19.99

You need the ntc3 rings, inner bearing/bushings and the main bearrings to use them though . I think your best bet is to buy 2 complete ntc3 diffs and 4 bearings. A friend has them and they don't look a great deal lighter. I don't know why they didn't machined even more weight off them like the old MIP lightweight diff halves.

Check out the Xray diffs for a proper lightweight steal diff, shame on you AE
Old 05-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Well this thing can't be under weight. The Pro4 is under weight and it does not have all that baggage of Aluminum posts or Aluminum camber link mounts and it has a smaller top plate and the lightened steel diff is not light. If this car is under weight it by a few grams.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Oh ok, Have not seen those around here. Thanks
Old 05-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Initiate

"You need the ntc3 rings, inner bearing/bushings and the main bearrings to use them though . I think your best bet is to buy 2 complete ntc3 diffs and 4 bearings."

I have used the lightened steel unit as a front diff (until going to a spool), and all I needed to make them work was the 3926 TC3 diff rebuild kit with the parts from the original TC4 diff tossed in. Use the 3918 instructions that are on the AE site for the assembly order as it is backwards from the standard TC4 diff.

Last edited by thepitcrew; 05-23-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thepitcrew
I have used the lightened steel unit as a front diff (until going to a spool), and all I needed to make them work was the 3926 TC3 diff rebuild kit with the parts from the original TC4 diff tossed in. Use the 3918 instructions that are on the AE site for the assembly order as it is backwards from the standard TC4 diff.
Oh ok, that's not what I was told. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

The Ft TC4 will come with the option of building composite or steel diffs.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NVisible
whats with the scabbed on Antenna mount?
Hahahha, funny.

Well, if you look closely, this 'scabbed on antenna mount' allows you to remove ALL the electronics from the car, including the antenna and mount, without pulling the antenna WIRE from the tube. You won't have to feed the wire up the tube anymore..it's a one piece unit.

The car is just slightly under weight as it sits...not by much though.

The cost to tool a new diff housing top as opposed to an adapter is HUGE! Plus, we need to continue using the current diff housings for RTR's and Team kits.

Last edited by TPhalen; 05-23-2005 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How funny, Associated years back was always on the cutting edge of technology with it's car designs, like the ahead of it's time TC-3...... then they finaly introduce the TC-4 after many years of "supposed" research.....and It ends up having the battery moved twords the centerline of the car at the "exact" same location as the BMI TC-3 that's been out for well over a year......now it has even more borrowed traits from the BMI line of kits......like Seaball said...talk about struggling to keep up......several year old technology at work,all the way around.....Dont' get me wrong Im not saying associated's new car wont work....ofcourse it will,the BMI TC-3 works great
Old 05-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not to start a pissing match, but MOST (if not all) the AE Team Drivers started milling their chassis' LONG ago to move the battery further in. BMI, IRS, and other companies, started coming out with TC3/TC4 chassis conversions and added this as the next 'evolution'. Doesn't it make sense that, once WE come out with a Factory Team version of a proven car (that just happens to have a CF chassis) that we incorporate these 'Team Driver mods' to our version??? If we didn't, everyone would be complaining that it DIDN'T have these mods. This is not a who-did-what-first-and-copies-someone-else....this is a do-what-works in the next generation of the car.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

AE when is the belt TC BARRY BAKER car coming out? maybe HUDY could make it L8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.