Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Battery slop

Originally posted by newracer
I just finished installing my 3 Racing graphite chassis. There is a lot of slop when using stick packs. What has anybody done to eliminate this? Side by side packs fit tight but I worry about shorting the cells on the standoffs, motor plate, or gear support.
Use battery or electric tape to hold it in place...
Old 08-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

I always use glass tape to hold them in place. This is mainly so if I get punted that the pack doesn't slide halfway out and cause a problem.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

When I was running the kit chassis, I put a thin piece of foam on the bottom of the battery slot. That pushed the battery up into the holder and it stayed in place a lot better. The slop I need to get rid of now is the front to rear slop. Tape would definitly get rid of it, but I hate taping batteries.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default GOOD IDEA?

If anyone wants to get back to a 2 wheel drive car with 4 wheel braking couldn't they just swap out the front differential for a oneway with the bearings installed backwards. I wonder if it's something that would catch on.

What do you guys think?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Tire Adaptors

Originally posted by LeadFoot
Does anyone know if someone makes tire adaptors for older HPI F1 kits and/or Cross kits so that they can use Tamiya Rubber F1 tires?

We are attempting to start spec class and there is a question from people who have older models who want to race in the class but are afraid they will not be able to comply with the tire rule.

Are the their adaptors for these other kits to use Tamiya Tires/Rims?

Thanks
The Cross chassis uses the same wheel and tire as the F103 chassis. There are rubber tires and rims made for that setup. But you will not be able to use the F201 rims and tires on it. As for the HPI...there used to be a wheel adapter to put TC rims on a pan car. I don't think it's in production anymore because people mainly prefer foam tires on pan cars. There are rubber capped tires for oval use that will work. They are designed for concrete oval use but I've heard of some people successfully using them on asphault. The tests we did here with them ended up with ripped up tires within 1 heat.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: GOOD IDEA?

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
If anyone wants to get back to a 2 wheel drive car with 4 wheel braking couldn't they just swap out the front differential for a oneway with the bearings installed backwards. I wonder if it's something that would catch on.

What do you guys think?
The FPM and DSE nitro F1 cars based off of the F201 are 2wd with 4 wheel brakes. They use a nitry style brake instead of a front diff.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

InspGadgt

Thanks for the reply.

We will be using the F201s on carpet. Other people what to use there older F103, Cross and HPI kits as well in the same class.

I guess we will see what we can do to accomdate everyone.

Thanks again
Old 08-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Anybody know the standard track width setting measured on a hudy setup board? Inside or outside of the guage?
Old 08-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

That's a good question. Normal track width is measure from outside tire edge to the other outside tire edge. With setup guages on, one would assume it's the outside of the guages. However, the thickness of the guage is not the same as the thickness of the tire mounted on the axel from the axel to the outside of the tire edge.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Fixed my battery slop

Here is what I did.

First off if you cut the right side battery holder when installing the 3 Racing chassis (as per instructions) it raises the battery holder which causes slop. I reinstalled an uncut one and used a spacer for the other post. Then I used some foam I have, it's very soft and about 1/8" thick, used to seal truck toppers. I put one piece on the chassis to push the battery up into the holders and a small piece on the ends of each holder. You cannot use too much on the chassis or the battery will be forced up onto the shaft and bind. I also put an O-ring on each battery holder post on the left side between the clip and the holder, makes that side more secure. My battery doesn't move at all now!!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

I put my car on my Hudy station tonight, Rear track width 8.6, front 8.5, both measured to the inside of the block with the axle above the measurement line.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Default F201 for sale

Hi,

I am selling my F201. There are enough parts to build 2 cars. Hopefully someone can get more use out of this car than I could. I only got to race it twice this summer and the rest of the year isn't looking much better. Great car, just not enough time.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=47932

Feel free to email me at: [email protected] with any questions, etc.

-Rich
Old 08-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

If you guys don't know Rich , I can tell you his cars are top notch and WELL maintained , definatly worth a look .

Bob

hey hows it goin Sir Chang , I had to drop out of the series too see ya on the carpet soon I hope .
Old 08-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: F201 for sale

Originally posted by RichChang
Hi,

I am selling my F201. There are enough parts to build 2 cars. Hopefully someone can get more use out of this car than I could. I only got to race it twice this summer and the rest of the year isn't looking much better. Great car, just not enough time.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=47932

Feel free to email me at: [email protected] with any questions, etc.

-Rich
I also have an F201... at least you have raced 2 more time than me.....
Old 08-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by newracer
I put my car on my Hudy station tonight, Rear track width 8.6, front 8.5, both measured to the inside of the block with the axle above the measurement line.
To even out the track width, simply adjust the pillow balls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.