Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Testing On MuchMore CTX-TM Motor Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I also ran one of the coolers at the Reedy race and as Peter pointed out, it kept your motor cooler for the start of the race and ended the run very strong. Keep your eyes out for this product whenit hits the shelves soon...it is a very very worthwhile purchase.

Butter
Old 06-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just got mine and it is way dialed. No more over heated motors. Now I just need a long enough cord to run back to the pits while its installed inmy car running around the track.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ran mine yesterday and my motor was ultra cool and even came off the track cooler I almost geared up but was happy with the results...
That is one warning you should also know...Having a cooler motor does allow to gear differently but be careful it is a two edged sword. HEAT kills.
But after two consecutive batteries through my cooler motor...the motor was hot but not too hot...Great job Much More, I have another do for delivery today.....as well as a couple of your battery heat sinks.
Stephen <><
Old 06-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ali_g
any ideas hw much amp this device draws?
I Have a Team PharrisWheel version and they recommend 10-13 amps for best cooling. I hook mine to a 12amp power supply and it worked great. Keep in mind it's recommned to have on the motor 1/2 - 1 hour before your race. If you are racing multiple sedans, you may want to have 2 units.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default shookie

where did you get your cooler????
Old 06-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I Have a Team PharrisWheel version and they recommend 10-13 amps for best cooling. I hook mine to a 12amp power supply and it worked great. Keep in mind it's recommned to have on the motor 1/2 - 1 hour before your race. If you are racing multiple sedans, you may want to have 2 units.
Heck I just ordered another power supply just to run my accessories. Two motor coolers, 12V fan to keep me cool, lathe motor, & tire warmers. I found out that while charging two batteries at once and trying to run two coolers on a 20Amp PS that the coolers were not as efficent. But hey at least I two motor coolers to complain about not having enough power to feed them. I guess people are finding these hard to find...I got mine through rc model. don't know if there is anymore.
Stephen <><
Old 06-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
right here.
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=5949
Hope this helps
I suggest you check around there site they have hard to find items and if you get a couple of guys together to split the shipping costs it is worth it.
Stephen <><
Old 06-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Im assuming theres no issue with them being placed on higher ampage Power supplies then?

Can anyone confirm what these draw individually? im running of a 23a supply, same as the CE one, obviously pulling just 6amp for my cells and a M-M cooler i wont have problems, but out of curriosity and for everyone elses peice of mind it'd be nice to know what they're munching on (or what they need to get optimal performance from them)
Old 06-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
The Team PharrisWheel versions are all out. He sold his patent to a much larger company in Japan.

Much More's should be available through their regualar distributors.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Though a little bit different "looking", this motor cooler in HK is exactly 1/2 the price of the MR cooler. Of course the MR cooler is much nicer looking. With the conversion from HKD to USD, the MR cooler is around $60 USD.

Dom

Old 06-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anybody know where I can get one of these overnighted.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Black Ice Motor Cooler

This was prototype of MuchMore Racing CTX-TM. We have made couple hundred unit but the quality of this product was very bad. Contact point was not secure enough to transfer the cold/heat. Efficiency on this unit was very low. We still have this ones in our storage. we never sold this unit to HK.

jk

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Though a little bit different "looking", this motor cooler in HK is exactly 1/2 the price of the MR cooler. Of course the MR cooler is much nicer looking. With the conversion from HKD to USD, the MR cooler is around $60 USD.

Dom

Old 06-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Kevin CBR--you have PM
Old 06-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys, Just some info on "Peltier" heat pump chips.

There are many different grades of chips out there, and they will have different specifications. The ones I used for my "SuperCoolers" were 40x40mm versions. They will "pull" (amp draw) aprox. 6.5amps. You can't "force-feed" them. They will handle DCvolts from 5 to 14vdc, with not any more efficiency above 13.5vdc. The fans I used only pull aprox .05amps. So total amps needed to run a "SuperCooler" is just under 7amps.
I do not know the specs for the TeamMuchMore unit. Maybe they could post some details for us?

I have not seen the TeamMuchMore unit in person yet, but they sure look "cool"! They look very well made, as with all their products. I cant wait to get one!
Thanks, Jeff -- Team Pharriswheel
Old 06-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Hi guys

The much more cooler draw about 4 amps, and it will get petty cool.
I will post some picture later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.