Search

TC4 or JRX-S

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Wink

Originally posted by JayBee
If you're the type of guy that bases all of your purchasing decisions on what you stated above, I'm afraid my non-astute friend, you're an IDIOT... BTW, read the SIG -JB
I said the first half of your post was dumb. You state you wouldn't buy a car because of the way it looks. It is your opinion, but how it looks is not relevant to its performance. I now state that while your retort is cute, it has no relevance. While I apologize for insulting you, you only chose to see the insult. The original question was asking for comparisons between two cars. While he didn't specify, he was probably wanting to know about relevant things: Performance, parts avail, parts quality, ease of maintenance. Relevant stuff.

No, I do not base all of my purchases on what car won the last race, but I don't base any of my purchases on the color of the chassis.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 05-17-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
this has to be one the dumbest posts I've ever read on this board, I've never seen a car standing on the podium no matter how high or low. think about it before you get mad,

i've seen drivers standing on the podium HOLDING the cars.
Do you take everything so literally? Yes, I know cars don't stand on a podium, they are either held or placed upon a podium. The fact that you felt it necessary to make your post could be even dumber than mine, although mine was true. Unnecessary, but true. Yours was just dumb..... and nothing else.

Not mad, just amazed at the lack of maturity from keyboard racers.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ghoppa
I have had the

TC4
Yok BD
Pro 4
and now the JRXS

on asphalt........

LOSI (out of the box) bar none!

the other cars needed things (i.e.-solid center shaft, spool or front diff up front, springs, etc.)

for somethin race ready OUT OF THE BOX,

go with the Losi, trust me I've tried them all on one of the best tracks in the country, and for the avg. "Joe Blow" like 90% of us on this thread the Losi is the most drivable, forgiving, and "out of the box" ready out of the most recent releases out there right now.....

not to take anything away from the other cars 'cause there are ALL great machines, but I have to go with the Losi (no additional expenses needed!!!!!) you'll be race ready with nothin else to buy for the car...... it's easy on you wallet as well, considering the $$$ of some of the kits mentioned

my .02..........
I very much agree on your post, I've had and raced all those cars you posted, add Alex R2, BMI TC4, and Tech Racing MY02Monster in the roster except the PRO4, I never tried it.....All those cars are great but it is really up to the person's preference on how he would set-up the car to his liking or how far he will go off from the kit setup. So far, the JRXS suits my style of driving and my local track layout. I've only changed a couple of things, the caster and rear toe and the car is dialed. I've always ran spool and so far the JRXS held up to the abuse on the drive train....a guy in my local track once said that using a spool slows you down, ofcourse i didn't comment anymore coz I got the TQ on that race day by 3sec. Im just an average joe racer, nothing spectacular about my driving, it's just a matter of getting what you want and need off a specific kit, and if you are pleased then stick with it, right? Just my .02 bros You need to consider parts support and reliability of the coz you didn't spend your money to wrench on a race day. The TC4 is good but I like the JRXS better coz it suits my style
Old 05-17-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Scott Fisher
Do you take everything so literally? Yes, I know cars don't stand on a podium, they are either held or placed upon a podium. The fact that you felt it necessary to make your post could be even dumber than mine, although mine was true. Unnecessary, but true. Yours was just dumb..... and nothing else.

Not mad, just amazed at the lack of maturity from keyboard racers.
send me you paypal address and i'll send you 20.00 bucks to buy a sence of humor. geez
Old 05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
send me you paypal address and i'll send you 20.00 bucks to buy a sence of humor. geez
Based upon all the info, I think I will need at least $50.00
Old 05-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
I said the first half of your post was dumb. You state you wouldn't buy a car because of the way it looks. It is your opinion, but how it looks is not relevant to its performance. I now state that while your retort is cute, it has no relevance. While I apologize for insulting you, you only chose to see the insult. The original question was asking for comparisons between two cars. While he didn't specify, he was probably wanting to know about relevant things: Performance, parts avail, parts quality, ease of maintenance. Relevant stuff.

No, I do not base all of my purchases on what car won the last race, but I don't base any of my purchases on the color of the chassis.
So... and... when I say ugly, I mean this - the layout of the car is f'ed up. The only decent looking design aspect of the car is the center battery position, but maybe that's the reason. The way you have to layout the electronics is totally screwed. Some of the parts are oversized,etc-etc. Next time instead of saying someone's post is dumb, use a bit of intelligence from your 'gray matter' and ask me to qualify my statement. Obviously it's my opinion I stated but talking to several well-known people like Mr. Wang, Mr. Malin and others who frequent several tracks that the Losi team drivers do and according to them, Losi drivers are struggling with the car. Some have been heard saying that the car just doesn't work. There's more to what's going on in the Losi camp but I digress. And a little bird told me that Losi may be cooking up a new 'traditional' design by the end of the year . Remember, this is just what I've heard.
No harm, no foul -JB

Last edited by JayBee; 05-17-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JayBee
So... and... when I say ugly, I mean this - the layout of the car is f'ed up. The only decent looking design aspect of the car is the center battery position, but maybe that's the reason. The way you have to layout the electronics is totally screwed. Some of the parts are oversized,etc-etc. Next time instead of saying someone's post is dumb, use a bit intelligence from your 'gray matter' and ask me to qualify my statement. Obviously it's my opinion I stated but talking to several well-known people like Mr. Wang, Mr. Malin and others who frequent several tracks that the Losi team drivers do and according to them, Losi drivers are struggling with the car. Some have been heard saying that the car just doesn't work. There's more to what's going on in the Losi camp but I digress. And a little bird told me that Losi may be cooking up a new 'traditional' design by the end of the year . Remember, this is just what I've heard.
No harm, no foul -JB
Message received. Also before you make a post saying you wouldn't buy a car because its so f#$# ugly, you should just give a lucid and well conceived explanation such as the one above.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 05-17-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Message received. Also before you make a post saying you wouldn't buy a that car because its so f#$# ugly, you should just give a lucid and well conceived explanation such as the one above.
10-4 -JB
Old 05-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Based upon all the info, I think I will need at least $50.00
whatever it takes, you need to laugh, its good for the soul.

but on a side note, did the same guy make both of these posts.

Do you take everything so literally?

you should just give a lucid and well conceived explanation.

come on laugh a little. ok never mind, i'm sure someone did and that was my intentions. no harm meant.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

I've only had recent experience with the TC3, TC4, and Xray FK04.

The TC3 was a great car, and it was fun doing some tweaking to give it a bit of a performance boost.

The TC4 was a complete waste of time. Quality was similar to the TC3 (bad) and the car was nowhere near as fun. To run mod with the TC4 you need to dump tons of money into it. Granted, to run mod with any TC you always seem to have to upgrade a few things, but with the TC4 the list never ends.

Overall, AE seems to be the only TC company left that has yet to step up to the plate and build a quality touring car. The AE team always seems to be struggling to find a setup, and when running a TC4, you constantly have to check it to make sure things haven't gone out of whack, which they constantly do.

The Xray was a dream after the TC4. The car is so much more precise. Thankfully, there are many other TCs around now that rival the quality of Xray kits. Corally is right up there with Xray, Tamiya make great ashfault cars, and it sounds like the JRXS is a big step up in quality for Losi.

I think you should consider anything but the TC4.

Josh
Old 05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Speedo-that's a well thought out post that contains some valuable opinions. I wish everyone could post like that.

Here's what you need to upgrade to run mod with the TC4-make everything graphite. That's about it. lol Everything else just gives you a confidence boost. example: you have been convienced by AE that aluminium servo mounts give faster servo response.

There isn't a car on the market that is ready for modified racing out of the box.

I've actually come to enjoy getting a car that needs some hand modifications to be fast. I loved getting the Pro 4, then being one of the first to try out the new mods. I also came up with a few mods for that car that some guys are still doing, and now HPI is incorperating those into the new hopups for that car. When I got my Yok, it had cheap ms bearings that were packed with grease. I then bought some Teflon bearings off Ebay. I got gyped with the deal. The bearings were actually rubber sealed and grease packed. After several hours, I got them race ready, and I can get about 10 seconds of freespin with a front one-way. And the rear diff is so smooth, now that I've discovered a different kind of grease for the thrust bearings.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

And the rear diff is so smooth, now that I've discovered a different kind of grease for the thrust bearings.
What kind of grease is it that you discovered?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

a combo of HPI grey, and AE stealth diff lube. It made the diff action really smooth with out the slippage. BUT to keep it smooth, they need rebuilds every week.