Team Durango DETC410 >

Team Durango DETC410

Like Tree4Likes

Team Durango DETC410

Old 12-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lutz
Hm never seen this happen... just heard of it... I wonder what could be the reason... since this part is made of steel, maybe there is an issue with the fit at a special angle...
may I ask how you build the dcjs? I personally use asso black grease when assembling them... I know of people using dryfluid or oil... and it happened once when they hit a wall very powerful with modified motors...
I'm just wondering if this is an factor...

greets
Chris
This also happened to my sons car on his second run. In his first practice run, before he'd even raced the car, he split a dcj joint clean in two. In his third outing with the DETC410 he broke a plastic spool outdrive. His fourth he stripped a rear camber link thread on the rear hub, and his fifth he stripped a steering block bottom screw hole. So far, five outings, five breakages which is pretty poor for a high end car. He's 12 years old and doesn't hit things hard, the breakages have happened when clipping corners, or crashes with other cars, not full on piling into walls.
I emailed Durango on Oct 22nd and Nov 3rd and have had no response which is extremely bad customer service. The price of the cars is now half what they were so I can't sell them on as they are pretty much worthless. We have ran Spec R cars for the past two years and their customer service is excellent, with responses to questions received very quickly.
I'm pleased to see a Durango presence here on the forum but the message here is that Durango really need to up their game.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
but have seen it first hand with another racer. He went threw at least 3 sets of these, even with the hard bumper. The problem is there is very little material that attaches the ball to the backing plate of the axle itself. It even looks weak right out of the package.
I have been running the same 4 driveshafts for 8 months now, im kind of hard on the car but never broke any. I guess it depends on the way you drive or the track and perhaps the setup of the car.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Have you Problems with the durability of the drivetrain? Is it wrong to have a spool made of plastic, to reduce the stress on the driveshafts and to give it a smoother Feeling? Thats exact what Xray, Topracing, TeamC, and other have done, too. On the track itīs faster.

I like to replace a spoolcup after many battery packs, instead of any other part of the drivetrain. I like this System more that having steel vs. steel or the Need to replace blades very often. Donīt you think so,too?
Chris,

Are you also running the composite spool out-drives and not the steel ones?
Old 12-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Tech Rookie

I have the same problem, in each run a damage. This car is not tenable. I will sell the car and never again drive a durango. Thatīs why i am always down yokomo. I wrecked a part when i crashed the wall, but not in turning over.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Yes I'm running complete stock drive train. Aluminium dcj, composite spool and outdrives. The same in the rear. I'm running stock belts and pullys, too^^ I nearly always run 10.5 turns. Sometimes 13.5 or 17.5.

Sorry to hear you will drop the durango... I can't understand why you have so many problems...

Greets
Chris
Old 12-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I have raced my DETC410 now in three race events and nothing has broken or even come loose. I have had zero problems or issues and the car is fast and consistent. I run 17.5 blinky touring class indoors on carpet on a small track and it is all good so far.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes I'm running complete stock drive train. Aluminium dcj, composite spool and outdrives. The same in the rear. I'm running stock belts and pullys, too^^ I nearly always run 10.5 turns. Sometimes 13.5 or 17.5.
Greets
Chris
So your running in a MOD class mainly?

Can you give some input as to why you run the composite outdrives as opposed to the aluminium ones? Can we expect better performance, faster?

thanks!
Old 12-22-2014, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Well we have a stock class at lrp-hpi-challenge where we have to run 10.5 turns. Thats exactly the speed I like. Might run modified anytime in the future.
To be honest : I haven't tried the steel outdrives on this car, since the composite last very long for me.
I have tried both on different other cars and I had a bit more steering in tight turns and it was a bit easier to drive with composite outdrives. No really big difference. But enough for me. I would run other outdrives if I had to replace them often or break them during races, but this is not the case.

Greets
Chris
Old 12-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well we have a stock class at lrp-hpi-challenge where we have to run 10.5 turns. Thats exactly the speed I like. Might run modified anytime in the future.
To be honest : I haven't tried the steel outdrives on this car, since the composite last very long for me.
I have tried both on different other cars and I had a bit more steering in tight turns and it was a bit easier to drive with composite outdrives. No really big difference. But enough for me. I would run other outdrives if I had to replace them often or break them during races, but this is not the case.

Greets
Chris
thanks for your input! i will have to try the composite outdrives one day. i would think they are going to be smoother and being lighter will spin faster.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Smile Breakage

Greets
Chris

Stop the production, I had a problem this week. In my second vta car my sister drives every week, the bottom shock ball stud that screws into the a arm pulled out. I'm not sure why, maybe because I slammed into her in a tight section of the course.. Pulled the center mount insert out of the arm and installed 2 dot inserts. Problem solved! It seems like people buy into the hype of the bad experiences a couple people have had due to breakage problems. As I have stated in previous posts, I am just a club racer but have had very good luck with my 3 current durango's. I have raced several cars and they all break when you hit stuff. I have been very fortunate to have several months racing without incident.
If durango wants local club representation I am available. Looks like they have a lot of international representation but little here in the US.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I drove my Durango for 3 weekends now and I think it drives great. I'm new to TC, and have had some wrecks, but no parts have broke yet. Keep supporting this great car! And Don, I think you would make a great Durango representative!
Old 12-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Crowbo74
Stop the production, I had a problem this week. In my second vta car my sister drives every week, the bottom shock ball stud that screws into the a arm pulled out. I'm not sure why, maybe because I slammed into her in a tight section of the course.. Pulled the center mount insert out of the arm and installed 2 dot inserts. Problem solved! It seems like people buy into the hype of the bad experiences a couple people have had due to breakage problems. As I have stated in previous posts, I am just a club racer but have had very good luck with my 3 current durango's. I have raced several cars and they all break when you hit stuff. I have been very fortunate to have several months racing without incident.
If durango wants local club representation I am available. Looks like they have a lot of international representation but little here in the US.
Not sure i understand why you would choose to quote a reply of Lutz to me. We are discussing different out drives and I was not putting down or buying into any hype.

I also own 2 Durango's, its a good car. It has its issues like any other chassis.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My issues are that when my son and I drove the Spec R cars we had very few breakages after changing the spool to a gear diff more than a year & a half ago. The new Durango has had breakages every outing. I'm comparing a cheap club car against a top end car & the cheap car has proved much more reliable. Performance wise, my lad loves driving the Durango, so we're sticking with them for now.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 32819toon
My issues are that when my son and I drove the Spec R cars we had very few breakages after changing the spool to a gear diff more than a year & a half ago. The new Durango has had breakages every outing. I'm comparing a cheap club car against a top end car & the cheap car has proved much more reliable. Performance wise, my lad loves driving the Durango, so we're sticking with them for now.
Originally Posted by 32819toon
Its difficult to say why your having so many issues. I did break alot of parts in the beginning but most of that was my fault due to driving and incorrect setup. This car has its weaknesses like that a-arms and turnbuckles.

I break alot less now but i cant avoid the a-arms, i keep a good amount in spare.

Suggestions:

use the following
Titanium turnbuckles
Hard bumper
Steel Outdrives

Since i dont know how your car is setup, i assume its done on a setup system ? the car is adjusted correctly and drives straight? You might want to look at the steering dual rate.

The more the car is tuned the easier it is to drive.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SteveM
I have raced my DETC410 now in three race events and nothing has broken or even come loose. I have had zero problems or issues and the car is fast and consistent. I run 17.5 blinky touring class indoors on carpet on a small track and it is all good so far.
Hey Steve
Did you ever do a Review on the Durango (like the sakura Zero.. i notice the table in the pic...lol)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.