Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Grasshopper is back!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I can't say that I think any money I have spent on this hobby over the years has been wasted, you can't put a figure on the enjoyment I have gotten from it.

I do agree though that where's the fun on hunting down oldies if anyone and their dog can just go to the local hobby shop and buy them there.
I wonder how the re-release of the Hornet, Grasshopper and Lunchbox will influence collectors, hobbists, and general r/c car fans alike ?
Old 06-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Im undecided on these new releases, i love oldies, but my point is, that in their day they were designed for racing, nowdays they aren't competitive at all, so 99% of these will probably be shelf queens....IMO tmiya is kinda wasting their time bringing back the dead, oh and the tamiya QD series is total bulls#it, must give new R/Cers a sour taste of what the r/c world is actually like.....

C'mon tamiya, why not bring out something new? 2wd Elec/Nitro St? 4wd 1/8 buggy?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

That gator looks interesting. I would like to see some chassis shots. Who knows, maybe you can race it.

If they re-released anything, For me at least, I would like to pickup a Boomerang for my father to be a shelf queen. he purchased one as my first RC kit when he returned from Korea after his 1 year stint there with the 82nd Airborne. I still remember his coming off of the C-130 with it in his bag. This was back when the Lobo and Super Lobos were popular around the neighborhood. Me, I only had a cheap tyco buggy. The neighbors dad would always come out with his son's lobo II and race up and down smoking mine. Funny, after I raced him onetime with my stock Boomerang, I didn't see him come outside with it again
Old 06-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Boomerang

Cain,
just for you buddy :
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp?cid=26316
or
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp?cid=26176

Hope 1 of those would work for you, if not let me know and I will post a wanted ad for you.