Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel Filter Cooler Pressure Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Fuel Filter Cooler Pressure Regulator

Looking to buy "Answer-RC Fuel Filter Cooler Pressure Regulator" pic included

Now I've read a whole load of different opinions on these...

Some say it should be fitted between fuel ine and carb?

Some say it should be fitted between exhaust and tank?

Some say they don't work? etc etc.

I'd really like to hear from you guys and get your opinion whether these are a good investment or not.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Fuel Filter Cooler Pressure Regulator-answer-rc-fuel-filter-cooler-pressure-regulator-mount-red.jpg  
Old 03-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think the general consensus is that they are like fishing lures. They are made to catch fishermen not fish.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

You can regulate the pressure by simply changing the length of fuel tubing also. I do run a EGC for two reasons..1-it couldn't hurt, 2-they look pretty sweet. is say go for it.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jwm2
I think the general consensus is that they are like fishing lures. They are made to catch fishermen not fish.
Interesting observation but I've see a lot of enthusiasts with these coolers, some don't have the duel features just the cooler regulator part
Old 03-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PERROTTO
You can regulate the pressure by simply changing the length of fuel tubing also. I do run a EGC for two reasons..1-it couldn't hurt, 2-they look pretty sweet. is say go for it.
Haha nice one PERROTTO... Like your way of thinking
Old 03-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PERROTTO
Your right but at the same time too much tubing annoys me as it seems to go everywhere and sometimes you don't have space or angles, just my opinion. But I've seen a lot of serious RC guys with the coolers so I'm still open to your suggestions.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I run an EGC on my pressure line and a filter on my fuel line, and all in one is kinda a cool idea i think
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

i ran RB cooler, to be honest, i dont feel any different on how my engine ran. some says it can make ur refuel time longer bcause it brings cool air. generally more connection line more problems.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

EXHAUST... GAS....COOLER!!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It adds weight, takes up space, adds another place for air to leak and, when i stuck my finger in my tank with and without, I could not discern any temp difference. Since it is suposed to be a sealed unit I have no idea how it affects the pressure delivered to the tank. I found the recommendation to put heat reflective tape on the pipe side of the tank did make a noticeable difference in fuel temp. My 2 cents says spend your money on what you know will make your ride get around the track in less time e.g. Better tires, better shock pistons, lighter moving parts.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

The fact is that the coolers do help. It has been proven in "on-road" racing applications using the novarossi EGC in line with exhaust pressure line. Most useful when racing in hotter temps. Obviously, the more air goin past the cooler the more effective it is.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How was it proven? Not arguing just asking.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlueStreakOne
How was it proven? Not arguing just asking.
They were able to make 5 min pits or 5 min races or some shit like that. So the story has been told....

That Answer product claims to be ran either as an exhaust cooler or 'cooling' filter on fuel line.

Ed Bridges says exhaust gas coolers work. Enough said
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrosevers
I run an EGC on my pressure line and a filter on my fuel line, and all in one is kinda a cool idea i think
Actually, it is not an all in one. As per the description, put on the fuel line and it's a filter. Put on the pressure line and it's a regulator.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Actually, it is not an all in one. As per the description, put on the fuel line and it's a filter. Put on the pressure line and it's a regulator.
If it works as a cooler on the pressure line then it would work as a cooler on the fuel line, and its described as a filter cooler regulator. And I do believe that it would be a pressure regulator on either line not just the pressure line, even though it doesn't have a return line like a true pressure regulator would to work with the fuel, but it would be more effective on the pressure line by acting as an expansion chamber as the exhaust gas cools. And what I meant by all in one is that it would take the place of a fuel filter and an exhaust gas cooler since its a filter and a cooler, your just cooling the fuel instead of the exhaust gasses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.