Speed Passion  F1 car - The SP1 >

Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Like Tree4Likes

Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Old 05-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stonely0
Guys please help as im about to pull the trigger on this today but the kit does not come with Wheels, tire, front/rear wing and body... May i know how does this kit compare to the 3Racing F113? also...

- Can 3 Racing F113 body, wheels, front and rear wing fit?

- Can TECH Racing (#FB0090) Type FA Body fit? http://www.etamiya.com/shop/tech-rac...-90040193.html

- What are the wheel you guys use for this kit and where to get it?

Please get back to me soon.... Thanks a zillion!!!

Regards

The car uses any wheels, tires, body, and wings that is made for the F104.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Walkman
The car uses any wheels, tires, body, and wings that is made for the F104.
Thanks buddy! I pulled the trigger:P

Last edited by stonely0; 05-27-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Solara
I think I should share some of the work that I did about 3 months ago on this car that we are going to make option parts on...and some idea about what I think it will make the SP1 handle better on outdoor....since we are not running indoor anymore until winter, so outdoor setup is what I am chasing after...

I will provide some data about using Pit Shumizu, TCS rubber, Tamiya stock rubber and Pardus rubber tires specification and setup on the SP1 soon. The only tires that I cannot provide info are the new RIDE, they are all coming with +3mm offset rim and that made the width way wider then 190mm that would not be legal in USA racing.

Wow!!! I'm worried now when i saw this after just placing my order for this kit. I'm not a racer so do i need to do all the above modification? Does this kit even run decent assembling them as per the instruction guide without mod straight out of the box?
texastc likes this.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow!!! I'm worried now when i saw this after just placing my order for this kit. I'm not a racer so do i need to do all the above modification? Does this kit even run decent assembling them as per the instruction guide without mod straight out of the box?
My car is honestly almost just is out of the box. I would just suggest getting some stiffer side links and you'll be pretty set to go.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
My car is honestly almost just is out of the box. I would just suggest getting some stiffer side links and you'll be pretty set to go.
Hi may i know what is the 'side links' you are talking about? Is it possible to point it out to me on which steps in the instruction manual? Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The manual calls them pod links. They are the long skinny plastic pieces that attach tht connect the rear pod to the main part of the chassis. Team Associated 12R5 or Tamiya Carbon reinforced links for the F104 are suitable replacements
Old 05-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Be really careful on step 19. The plastic capture insert for the pivot ball going into the steering upright. the insert is really soft. If you do not take your time and be careful you WILL strip it out and your done. I would suggest you download the manual from the website and look back through this thread and follow the step by step build guide by liljohn1064 on page 9.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Be really careful on step 19. The plastic capture insert for the pivot ball going into the steering upright. the insert is really soft. If you do not take your time and be careful you WILL strip it out and your done. I would suggest you download the manual from the website and look back through this thread and follow the step by step build guide by liljohn1064 on page 9.
Thanks buddy... i'm taking notes now and reading through this thread from page 1... you guys are a great help I can't wait for my kit to arrive soon...
Old 05-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Cut a slot in the insert with a Dremel and use a flat head screwdriver instead...works much better than the the plastic hex.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What Korey and the others said. The kit assembles very nice with the pointers posted here.
The complete redo posted above is not necessary unless your club runs the narrower width front ends. Both Korey and I have been running on asphalt with a wide setup array and have come back very close to the kit setup. A little more front droop. 3.7mm, 10k on the side dampers, the carbon links, and -1.5-2d camber and you're good. If you have a lot of grip outdoors I have run Gold Tamiya side springs.
We have run mostly on the Pit 571/2 combo. A few runs on the Pardus tire and F60 Ferrari bodies.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
The front pivot retainers need to have a slightly larger hole as well as being aluminum or harder plastic. I can't get my 2mm wrench in to adjust camber as the 3mm opening is too small and doesn't line up with the pivot ball.

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Duratrax-Pivot.../dp/B001LVARHI but at 4mm instead of 8. I believe these are the correct diameter. 7mm is too big as I has some from my ABC mini to try.
After reading through this thread page to page while waiting for my kits to be shipped I notice the main area of concern was at step 19… threading in the 3mm nut retainer to hold the steering pivot ball. I assume the 3mm nut retainer are not in plastic. From the look at the diagram I foresee that I too will have problem reaching my 2mm hex driver through the 3mm nut retainer opening required in Step 20.

I was wondering… can I don’t slot in the pivot ball or screw in the retainer nut in Step19, but instead at Step 20 I screw in the pivot ball first through and into the upper front arm and then only I screw in the nut retainer before proceeding with the rest of the Step 20 assembly? Any good?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
They work! And I can adjust camber with the wheels on.
So the Gen X Slotted capture insert works as a replacement for SP 1 Steering Upright? If so where can i get this spare? need to stock up some. Thanks
Old 05-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am sorry that my MOD does scare you.....what I did was giving some idea to others that how far this car can go if you want to be more "specific"....for those who really race big time F1 race....what I did on the SP1 is "NOTHING" compare to what these ppl can do on F1.

The stock F1 that built with the manual....will performs just as good as the one that I did....or you can say...why I spend my time to mod my car if the car ran just as good as the stock one.....? Good question...may be because I have a lot of time to waste...thats why..LOL
Old 05-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thank you everyone providing the CONS about the SP1 and I have noted everyone of those and is currently reviewing these items with the team and mfr right here in HONG KONG (I am on vacation here but also testing the new LM-1 LeMan version).

I think the reinforced carbon mixed material is possible...but we will test more other material and should comes out some great material option parts very soon.

Currently...I too running the AE 12R5 side link and balls as a quick fix. It does help the rear pod to sit/swing better. I don't think it is that much noticeable on RUBBER TIRES but I am sure if running mod with boost on foam, it will be noticeable.

Keep bringing up the request on the parts and option idea...
Old 05-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Its great to see SP take our input into account to improve upon their already great product!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.