Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TB-02 bad choice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default TB-02 bad choice?

Is a tamiya tb-o2 a slow car compared to other touring cars? is it a bad choice of a car to start racing with? please tell me what you think of it. thanks.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Actually it is a really good car for beginners. can be very good car in thr right hands. but i would go for something a little more high end tc4,xxx-s G+, pro4,
Old 05-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Kid, It depends on Ur level of competition; size of pocketbook; and technical abilities. There is no such thing as a "SLOW" car!!!!
Speed has everything to do with the motor and batteries that U use.
LAP TIMES have everything to do with driving skills.
My Granddad used to beat me (Badly) at Pool/Billiards with a broomstick handle, No matter which cuestick I chose.
Most any car can be a winner, in the right hands.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PlainOleDave
Kid, It depends on Ur level of competition; size of pocketbook; and technical abilities. There is no such thing as a "SLOW" car!!!!
Speed has everything to do with the motor and batteries that U use.
LAP TIMES have everything to do with driving skills.
My Granddad used to beat me (Badly) at Pool/Billiards with a broomstick handle, No matter which cuestick I chose.
Most any car can be a winner, in the right hands.

That's the way
Old 05-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The TB02 is super easy to build and maintain and its very-very tough-except for the front crown gear-but theres an easy fix for that. It can be easily hopped up with EvoIII parts and TBo2 hop-ups like aluminum motor mount and alminum threaded shocks. On the negative it is quite a bit heavier than say a TC3 and doesnt accept 48 or 64 pitch gears.

I think the handling due to the excellent Tamiya suspension is quite good. Easy to drive and smooth-which makes it a easy decision for a beginner.

Did I say its tough yet? Yeah-its tough. OH and really inexpensive to buy.

If budget isnt an issue-then there is a limiited edition TB02R just released with lots of hop-ups included.

Ray
Old 05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tb-02 is a good car for any level, not just for a beginner. It handles almost like the TB evoIII. Eazy to maintain and the gears are sealed.

You can go for off road rally , no problem at all
Old 05-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

guess ur ryt guys... big thanks.. sometimes sales talk can be misleading. y cant they just accept that the common denominator of tamiya, losi, yokomo, kyosho team asso etc... is RC hobby. m just starting in this very xciting hobby. thanks.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by KREATOR1
Tb-02 is a good car for any level, not just for a beginner. It handles almost like the TB evoIII. Eazy to maintain and the gears are sealed.

You can go for off road rally , no problem at all
handles like an evoIII. hmmm...
Old 05-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Re: TB-02 bad choice?

Originally posted by kid skid
Is a tamiya tb-o2 a slow car compared to other touring cars? is it a bad choice of a car to start racing with? please tell me what you think of it. thanks.
pare, actually i was practicing at TAMIYA track w/ my buddy who is driving a evoIV and my TB02 was just right behind him about 1/2 a car we were running stock motor. so your asking how the TB02, it's a good car runs like evoIII the only difference is the chassis is tub.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

alum ball bearing.. alum shaft.. ball diff... m building my tb-02 at the moment. cant wait to race it... or if i can really. what will be the most immediate hop up needed by the tb-02 if m going to race?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

aluminum motor mount is #1. Then aluminum threaded shocks #2 I think.

IN time maybe you can upgrade to hard suspension arms, steering knuckles and rear hubs.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Then maybe an upper deck.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

i better buy the alum motor mount then so that i dont have to replace the abs motor mount any more. i hav'nt assembled that part at the moment.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally posted by kid skid
alum ball bearing.. alum shaft.. ball diff... m building my tb-02 at the moment. cant wait to race it... or if i can really. what will be the most immediate hop up needed by the tb-02 if m going to race?
aluminum motor mount, threaded shocks and the blue conversion kit for evo III if can find one. i think lil's hobby in makati check the store.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

for racing, best one is the stabilizer bar, i've got mine fitted with it am able to consistantly beat xrays and TC3's with it, just helps the outside wheel form getting too much load on it and being able to hold it flat through corners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.