Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge >

2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge

2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge

Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

We Texas Racers and Team Merlin will be there in Full Force!! Can't wait to be back at this Awesome facility and event to race with everyone again!

**Word of advice **
First don't miss out on this event you will regret it. But most importantly PLAN AND BOOK EVERYTHING WAY AHEAD OF TIME!!
Last year their was a huge Paintball Espn covered event right across the street and between all of them and the RC people hotels were totally booked and the small town of Joliet was pretty busy that weekend but very enjoyable.

See y'all there!!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Can someone post an airport code & hotel info
thanks in advance
This might help. There are airports that you could fly in and out of most of the guys I know flew out of Midway in Chicago, IL.

As for hotels most are in Joliet or surrounding towns, all pretty close to track.

I posted some pics that might help some folks see the demographic of the area and of course show track location the(star) and pic of facilities!!
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge-screenshot_2013-03-08-04-33-48.jpg   2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge-screenshot_2013-03-08-04-36-15.jpg   2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge-screenshot_2013-03-08-04-37-46.jpg   2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge-screenshot_2013-03-08-04-38-47.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rwang
I'll be driving a car that starts with "M" and ends with "T"
Well, sounds like the same car you were running last year??? Maybe you'll have some more M instead of T in it this year...... We are not going to count the stickers for the M this year....lol.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

The GT Class is going to be huge this year... People from all over are going to attend..

It is June yet?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

WOO HOO ........

One of my favorite races of the year and I get to Dodge the Rick and Howard show. No wait, I've been hired to block, beat, take out someone ..... well other than myself this year .....

Looking forward to it.

For any racers with some time and coming from the West, Stop the weekend prior in Lincoln, NE and run the Heart of America race. Same track that had ROAR nats back a few years ago. Good track and a pretty good GT8 field ....

GUS - This is for you

(sorry to steal the thread, but need to get gus to make this stop sometime)
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up NYRT

WE'LL TRY TO BE THERE!!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by manny021803
WE'LL TRY TO BE THERE!!
Manny nice to see, who else is joining you???
Old 03-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I plan to be at this race, and Mark, if I weren't a working man , I would take that extra time to make the other race. It is very tempting and you know I like to mix it up with you.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
I have to agree. I still remember the crapstorm over last years Midwest series event, and now apparently Joliet pulled out of it for this year. I hope everyone that attends this race has a good time and enjoys themselves, but I can't see attending a track that isn't supporting the series.
Well they didnt pull out. They just didnt want to work with the date they had been givin. They said "To have the midwest series event before the Byrons race would give an unfair advantage to all the locals"

Really a silly reason, and here is why.
Dont you have an unfair advantage if you raced there last year?
As a side not the last few big races I have been to all have warm up races some even the week before that not everyone can get to.
Gas Nats 2011 had a big club race the week before
almost all the offroad stuff has club races the week before
Gas Nats 2012 had all kinds of races the weeks leading up to it
the list goes on

They date that we had setup for midwest was late May. I cant see how it hurts to cater some to the locals after all we are the ones suporting the track more the advantage is infinitesimal

Its a shame really

I will tell you as a racer, racing the midwest race a few weeks before the byrons race offers very little advantage if it was to be offered that way the track is so much better at the byrons race due to the increased car count it makes very little difference.

Lets face it onroad gas racing at jolit is nonexistent outside of the byrons race and the midwest race. I am sure they use it for some electric racing.

I know there are a lot of midwest gas racers that do like this track, love having it as part of our midwest series, love the byrons race also at this track.

I myself was excited for both races Midwest and Byrons because last year I missed the Byrons and our midwest race almost didnt happen and the dates got moved and I was forced to miss it.

So to tell the midwest racers that we cannot race there prior to this event is basicly asking none of us to come to this event

And I am going to be honest thats the majoritys feelings at this time.

The midwest racers make up about 15-20 1/8th scale and 10-15 sedan. and 5+ GT maybe more at this event. thats close to 50% of the entries in most classes.

It would be nice to repair this relationship Its a wonderfull track If I had offroad cars I am sure I would make the trip to this place to race those events also.

I do not run the midwest series but can atleast voice my concern and see what we can do to possible get something resolved.

Please pm me with any info that can be had to work on this situation / relationship.

Last edited by Vector03cobra; 03-16-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I also had some heartburn when I heard Leisure canceled the Midwest Series date... Because the mood aligns with other cancellations of the Nitro Offroad series as well... I have PMed here and facebooked the interest of adding Nitro Sedan to their new Summer Asphalt points Series this summer. A few people have said they dont see an issue with it as long as 5 cars show. So I am hoping that is the case and should not be hard to get 5 cars. I LOVE the outdoor track at Leisure and hope to repair any bad taste nitro might have given to those at Leisure?... I thought towards the end of last summer leading up to the Midwest series we had a few weekends where we could get a race of nitro sedan on a club day! I hope that can happen again, or might have to sell my nitro sedan after Byrons if I cant run it at a track near me...
Old 03-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

I have heart burn as well over cancellation of Midwest series race. They really don't want us on road racers else they would of figured out a way to make it work for Midwest series. Now they want us to support the Byron's race. I am disappointed in all parties for such a fun track.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Last edited by azeroth; 03-17-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default byron race

This thread is for the Byron race.If you guys have a problem with how the midwest series is scheduled it should be on the midwest series thread.The byron Race has been at Leisure Hours for many years and they always seemed to work things out.Maybe before you start to post negative stuff talk to Dennis Young and Scott and see if they can work things out.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

well I think some of our team could be there, You know we're ready to fight on GT class for sure!! NICE to see andy liu,paolo,scott,aja, some of GT DRIVERS on roar national 2013 horsham,PA NICE event see you soon guys
Originally Posted by Grenade10
Manny nice to see, who else is joining you???
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Think I gotta make this one. Looks like GT fun time.

Last edited by pressure; 03-19-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.