spintec I.C.C charger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spintec I.C.C charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

thank you erik,seems like great customer service!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by highwayman
how is it possible to charge the cells individually, since they are all interconnected via battery bars, wouldn't the charge rate jump from cell to another... just wondering... but im sure this product will be awesome !

thanks - jason
No he said each cell will have a temp sensor (great Idea) and he said 4-6 cells will fit the tray that has the temp sensors.

Hey Eric got the BatMan...Great item...I look foward to getting my hands on one of these ICC.
Couple more questions though.
1) Will it have motor break-in?
2) IF so will the amp draw and other info be available.

3) Will it come with all the gear nessasry to make it to it's full potential?
I.E. Will it come with the temp tray, the PC connections and or the motor connetors? OR will I have to shell out another $50-75 for the gear that should come standard.
4) Will it save battery info internally until I get home to hook it up to my PC?

Thanks sorry if #3 seems harsh...Just got very upset with my GM Commander because after shelling out $300 for a nice charger. I had to pay another $35 for a over priced temp probe. Than another $75 for the PC connector that has about the oldest drivers in the world and I still haven't gotten it to work right. Sorry venting again.....BREATH IN BREATH OUT>...LOL
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 05-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
No he said each cell will have a temp sensor (great Idea) and he said 4-6 cells will fit the tray that has the temp sensors.

hi stephen... from what i read in their website, its seems that not only will each cell have its own temp sensor, it'll also have its own delta peak... maybe i took the write - up in their website a little too literal, as i assumed that once a cell has reached the delta peak or temp cut-off, only that cell will stop charging, while the others will continue...
Old 05-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

how is it possible to charge the cells individually, since they are all interconnected via battery bars, wouldn't the charge rate jump from cell to another... just wondering... but im sure this product will be awesome !

thanks - jason
It WILL charge each cell independent.
That's the whole philosophy behind the Individual Cell Charger (ICC)....
http://www.spintec.nl/ICC.shtml

How he does it, is probably Erik's secret.
As long as it does its magic, I don't care....
Old 05-26-2005, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

hi stephen... from what i read in their website, its seems that not only will each cell have its own temp sensor, it'll also have its own delta peak... maybe i took the write - up in their website a little too literal, as i assumed that once a cell has reached the delta peak or temp cut-off, only that cell will stop charging, while the others will continue...
Maybe I should have gone to there site and looked.
All I am going to say is...ME WANTS ONE....I am going to sell my other charger right now just to make this purchase....Now with the PC hookup maybe I can steal my wifes laptop for some trackside checking.
Erik All I will say is please don't leave the US hanging on this one...Let us know who will actually sell them to us right when you release them. Already sold one Gm Commander. Only got one left and an Eagle CDC to sell and I should have nearly enough to buy this one. Also Erik any chance of a Monitary margin to expect the ICC to be in?
Also it seems that the HK and Japaneese markets really brought the price down on the BatMan do you think they will try that with the ICC?
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 05-27-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

highwayman:
PizzaDude is right, every cell has its own temperature and delta peak detection system. It will cut the current of each cell individual when maximum charge is reached for that cell.

Mr. Shookie:
1. Yes, it will have an external output that can be used for motor-break in, com lathe, charging stick packs, etc.
2. Yes, all data will be displayed.
3. It will come with everything necessary to use it. The only thing that will come seperately will be the PC interface. This because in our view not everybody needs it (you can use the one from your friend or so). Also it will not be that expensive.
4. Yes, it will safe data internally. We are still working on firmware, it is not clear what exact data (and how much) will be stored. If you have any ideas, we would be glad to bring out new firmware for people to download with new options.

Hope this answers your questions.... and that I didn't make you gasp for air again
Old 05-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Steven, Horizon is our exclusive distributor for the US. So they will also bring the I.C.C. to you. Hong Kong market is always very competative, but keeping the shipping costs and risks in mind.... ordering at Horizon or your local hobby shop is a safe deal. Sorry, no pricing available yet...
Old 05-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Erik

Thanks for the intel. I am really looking foward to this charger....I think it will be the next Spektrum in regaurds to chargers. If it has all the functions of the GFX type chargers but still charges individually then you have taken it to the next level and others will be scratching there heads to make one like yours...Make sure you get the patents. Also will you be sending Horizon the ICC at the same time you are sending to the other countries? Just want to get one As Soon As Possible. Thanks again for the information.
Stephen <><
Old 05-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Erik Jonk
highwayman:
PizzaDude is right, every cell has its own temperature and delta peak detection system. It will cut the current of each cell individual when maximum charge is reached for that cell.

wow... very very intriguing...

just so that i can get a visual picture... is it like the JIG of the TM35? charging each cell independently?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

wow... very very intriguing...

just so that i can get a visual picture... is it like the JIG of the TM35? charging each cell independently?
Go to the website it has a prototype picture up....kinda looks like the larger integy ones with a battery tray...I WANT ONE....NOW WOuld be great..LOL
Stephen <><
Old 05-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

hey would it be possible to set the charger to 'sense' how many cells its charging by findiing out how many of the cell clips are getting voltage back, and set the peak detection accordingly, or have 2 charging setups stored. One for 6 cell and 1 for 4 cell and the charger automatically changes to suit the pack conecteD? I just thaught it might be a handy feature Thanks
Old 05-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm DEFINITELY getting one of these. Got about 5 c-notes saved for one of these puppies Gotta see how it compares to my ProTrak-30 -JB
Old 05-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

I have no doubt that the ICC will surely be a great machine which will be quite unique in it's design and flexiblity....

But I'm really curious to it's perfomance on-track.
Runtime and power will be maxxed in each cell, so....maXXXpower it seems...
Old 05-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I.C.C

Personallyicant wait to see it!!
Its a fantastic piece of technology!
i dont know why its taken so long to hapen,
but im looking forward to it!!
Its also extremely hepfl to have the PC interface and the ability to power other tools, (lathe, motor run in etc...)

Cant wait to get one

Will it be available only via the glorious internet, or will you have a distributor for it?
Simon
Old 05-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Go to the website it has a prototype picture up....kinda looks like the larger integy ones with a battery tray...I WANT ONE....NOW WOuld be great..LOL
Stephen <><

.... went to their website, the prototype picture seems to have individual pins to connect to the batteries indiviually... i definitely want 1 !!!

... just curiuos... how can you prevent the charge jumpin from one cell to the other since they're interconnected ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.