Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
New 1:8 Body from PROTOform: the PFL128 >

New 1:8 Body from PROTOform: the PFL128

New 1:8 Body from PROTOform: the PFL128

Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
2CARTEAM: They started shipping ditributor orders on Feb 18th. It now a matter of the pipeline being filled. In this economy the distributors tend to be very conservative and "under-order" which usually leaves someone somewhere a bit frustrated. I wish there was a better way. They can also be ordered directly from the Protoform web site - but shipping cost is added.
http://racepf.com/

Thanks for asking - Dale - Protoform
Hey Dale, are these shipping yet? Ordered a couple from Protoform and the site still shows "preorder" status.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMcpot
Hey Dale, are these shipping yet? Ordered a couple from Protoform and the site still shows "preorder" status.
We actually had such high demand for the body that we ran out of our initial stock of decals, so that's why it was set to "pre-order". Decals are now back in stock, so the body is now good to go.

Last edited by EricPF; 02-28-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EricPF
We actually had such high demand for the body that we ran out of our initial stock of decals, so that's why it was set to "pre-order". Decals are now back in stock, so the body is now good to go.
Yup, got an email shortly after posting this that they'd been shipped...should be waiting for me when I get home
Old 02-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey eric nothing new for kyosho gt 2, we waiting for thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I really dont understand the people that want the bodies to look "realistic". The Audi R18 is not realistic at all, you dont see them drive them on the street by civilians, do you? They are based on a class of race cars on which the only resemblance to a "real" car is the fact that they have 4 tires, and engine and a steering wheel and pedals, thats it. The rest of them is made purely to go as fast as possible, same as out 1/8th cars. What was "real" about the CanAm cars in the 70s? They were moving labs...
hence the term" PROTOTYPE"! have raced on road for almost 20 years and love T/C and 1/8 Scale and i am always wanted the best handling body possible. was at floyd bennett field one day with my buddy richie(ownes brooklyn hobbies) and he told me about this ugly "Honda Accord" body for my T/c and
said..really?? low and behold was one of the best bodies i ever ran! love the work dale does and his stuff WORKS! and that's what matters. Dam i miss 1/8 scale where i live now! Krammer.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
I find it amusing that folks are willing to hurl criticism at Dale and the other body manufacturers for unrealistic looking bodies when the real culprit is the governing orginizations abandoning the realism requirement some years ago , we are getting what we asked for. I was at a slot race over the weekend and someone asked me about R/C and metioned that they were told they looked like giant LMP bodies which in slot terms are thingie-ized version of Peugeots , Mercs , Audi's etc - guess that's what we've sunk to.
Nobody stepped in to maintain realism. Now the genie will not go back in the bottle.

The class is what it is now, much like 1/12, and nobody is going back.

I do have a prediction for the future:
Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Suspended

PROTOform is proud to release the PFL128 race body for 1:8 IC. This body takes styling cues from a “new for 2013″ LMP2 racer slated to run in the WEC Championship along with 24h of Le Mans. It meets all EFRA (#31531), IFMAR and ROAR rules.

For more information, head to our website!
sweet
Old 03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Received 20 of then on Thursday, body looks awesome and sold them all by Friday, have more on b/o now.

www.acornracingusa.com
products for serious "nitro" on road racers
Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 128

New 1:8 Body from PROTOform: the PFL128-130.jpg this is new body nice lines love nose.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gary47
Attachment 1045537 this is new body nice lines love nose.
Cool deal.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

cant wait to test this body this weekend
Old 03-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Body Rules

Y'all are missing the point. The rules were changed to allow these bodies to be designed as they are. I understand that there are copyright concerns but the fact is that the huge side dams and tiny cockpits are just totally out of scale. Surely the cars could be more scale but still generic enough to get around the manufacturers concerns.

If the rules did not allow the "aerodynamiclly enhanced" bodies, how would anyone know they "needed" one to be competitive. I know this is way off base, but I happen to think the awesome speed our cars are able to attain has actually hurt the hobby and is at least partly responsible for the near extinction of 1/8 scale gas on-road, the "Grand Daddy of it all"!

As a former ROAR Director and Body Committee Chairman, I have seen the hobby change for over 40 years. It is interesting to me that the founders of ROAR agreed that the essence of R/C car racing should be "competition between realistic models of racing automobiles". Even more interesting is that they realized "realistic" is not the same for everyone and that people with different views would both be needed for the success of racing.

Ned
Old 03-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Got our´s on Friday and friend did some paintjob for me.
it seems to have a short nose -1cm but longer tail +2cm, is it?

it´s positioned on the markings, tank/coolinghead and weels fit in that lines but the nose is about 1cm shorter than with 909.

the pro-light version is also way more stable compared to the 909.

weather seems not to allow testing withhin the next 2 years

Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

What would be the perfect distance for mounting the body at a Mugen MRX 5?

Same as the 909?

J
Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

does the gurney flap come with the body? if not, which one fits?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.