XRC Ernie Provetti Interview: Your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Sure do.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Legend

Originally posted by EddieO
I will be at the Vegas race for sure.....Snowbirds of course and probably Cleveland again...

If you look around the globe at other sanctioning bodies for other sports/hobbies you will see thats its NOT uncommon for companies to sit on the governing boards, even as president....

They are JUST as much a part of this hobby as anyone else is, regardless if they race or not....

And as for Ernie wanting your money....well duh, he runs a business...

But, while were slamming on him.....here is an example.....Reedy releases a pair of $30 brushes....nobody really cares.....Ernie releases a pair of $15 brushes, that in my opinion are better and last just as long.....yet he is still gets labeled as the guy just out to hose the racers.....I dunno, sure looked like he sliced the competition in half with the same performance.

Later EddieO

I have run both of these brush`s, the Reedy brush is by far a superior design, after 10 runs with the Reedy I only have to make a lite cut on the com, with the Trinity`s I have a big azz goove worn though & have to cut deep to get the com smooth.....

However the performance is very comparable between the two....
Old 04-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I thought it was a great article... I'd love to see more like it.... but one question:

Why'd you interview Tony Soprano?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds like user error george......

And even then, I'll give you a pair of the CS brush....which is pretty much the same brush with dual shunts....and they retail for less than $15 also....

And you AE/Reedy biased is poorly hidden......Stevie Wonder can see it.....

Later EddieO
Old 04-27-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Pro Car - And who was the major force behind that ? Where did the spec motor come from - Pro Car? Name the three companys involved?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
If I recall correctly in the late eighties manufactures were on the ROAR board and they got rid of that.

Currently, no manufactures hold a seat on the Ex Com. However, there is a distributor and a motor tuner.

Just because you volenteer doesnt exclude you from giving 110%
Amen.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KE4PJO
All Ernie wants is your money, and he doesn't care how he gets it. New products, more money.
Do you think he is in business not to make money?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by nashrcracer
[B]Random thought.... manufactures have to have parts approved by roar to be legal in a roar race
Parts? No. Bodies, motors and batteries? yes.

by doing this that get a return on their investment of selling that motor to roar club members and some non-roar club members that run roar rules but are not sanctioned.

So what stops Roar from charging to sanction the parts whether it is cars or motors or batteries and Roar getting their cut. Like a royalty that your product says Roar approved.
ROAR does collect a fee to have a lab review certain items.

Where do you think all these 'pieces of the pie' are going to come from? Sounds like my pocket.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Look the man is a very smart. He has been in business for over 20 years. Some one that doesnt know anything about running a profitable company wont understand him. We all need to realize he has a family to feed aswell. If we all were in his shoes we would do the same. If not the company would have gone under.
Like it or not he also has sponserd large events. He has given to the sport/hobby quite a bit.

The only thing I have an issue with is a manufacture shouldnt be in charge of a racing body its conflict of intrest.
Now if you were to say that all of them got together and payed for the salery of someone we voted in to office then maybe it would work. Sponser the organisation.

Ernie's business skills and persona are not questioned here but how would he run ROAR. I think its fair to say pretty much everyone might say what would he do. Would it be worse then it already is or can it be better?

Roar in this time and era needs a revamp we are falling behind at the worlds level. Something needs to be done. Hopefully with everyone writting their oppinions something might click and things will fall into place.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by DerekB
So basically your proving you didn't read the article. I'll tell you that Ernie didn't want to run it he wanted to hire somebody that would...please read it.

Alex, I'm just curious how you can form an opinion of somebody with never talking to them? Just a little odd. I can say that I've seen you at lots of races and have a high opinion of you, how you carry yourself. But anyway, I'm not out here to have everybody like me...just chicks.
I was joking...
Old 04-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

I agree with the chicks part.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Legend

In da old days....

When the manufactures had a hand in the managment of Roar, racing at Roars events was a whole lot bigger & better,specially on the regional levels....

If you know what I mean...

THE BIG E`s Idea`s would kick butt & would greatly improve our USA racing program*

*another bias statement, sorry Eddie...
Old 04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Wild Cherry
In da old days....

When the manufactures had a hand in the managment of Roar, racing at Roars events was a whole lot bigger & better,specially on the regional levels....

If you know what I mean...

THE BIG E`s Idea`s would kick butt & would greatly improve our USA racing program*

*another bias statement, sorry Eddie...
I have to agree. The fact that we have a multi-million dollar hobby/sport that competes for very little and has no clearly defined system of ascension is appalling.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To Wild Cherry and the rest- ROAR went the other direction after 1993. Ask around any of the older people racing at that time and find out what happened.
What happens when you own a company and you are the president of ROAR. Just alittle conflict of interest. Especially if you do something that someone does not like and it cost you buisness!
I don't agree with every thing ROAR has done- I still fighting battles with the higher ups.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bravo Bullfrog! All of you need to do a little research on Pro-Car before you comment anymore. Most of you are too new to the industry to know why certain reputations are earned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.