Search

FK'05 failed thrust bearings only

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by syndr0me
<obvious value="troll">
So the "new for '05" bearings I should avoid, but the "busted old '04" bearings are awesome? See, you guys need to tell me these things. I was under the impression manufacturers released new products because they're better. :-D
</obvious>
basically it looks like the manufacturer of the "05" thrust bearings stuffed up with the manufacturing or specifications (something to do with a brass ring?), the older "04" thrust bearing are fine,

it looks like Xray are addressing this and sending new revision thrust bearings to the importers to give to FK05 owners, (at least in Australia) and should only be a few weeks away.

I pulled my diff apart yesterday and the thrust bearing was stuffed, BUT... the diff rings did have sufficient lube on them,
Old 04-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

yea chach you're right, people know what they are doing when they do it, in general. but still certain things should be included. xray went out to design the best touring car they can and pretty much did that. but, like schumacher did, they charged a lot more for what you got. i'm stupid so i can't really tell what is so special about their carbon, their alum. and their plastic components other than the fact that there is not slop but c'mon couldn't any of the other companies do the same? i'm always going to believe that at one point or another you're gonna have to use shims.
the car rocks though, am impressed