Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FK'05 failed thrust bearings only

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well maybe mr. hudy decided it didnt need lube. As we all know, some things need lube, some dont. it varies from.....car to car
Old 04-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NVisible
well maybe mr. hudy decided it didnt need lube. As we all know, some things need lube, some dont. it varies from.....car to car
aaaaaaaaaa ok ???

Old 04-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

this thread IS called for and xray's corner cutting should be exposed. they are a excellent brand but issues like the thrust bearing juswt make them look cheap. especially after not supplying a batt strap and the multi diff for usa customers (or at least providing usa customers with the choice of two kit types).

all this mixed with the recent price increases (which was a understandable predicament) makes xray look bad.

as a customer i'd be saying to xray, "fix the issue, at xrays cost, and you will be repayed somewhere down the line with increased customer trust and support"

do what corally did as one forum user said and send out replacements to anyone that asks for one. (ie sort of what hpi did with the front gear diffs when they made the brace. (i think hpi charged a small amount though.

when a car has a defective part in real life manufacturers do a recall and replace that part. a busting thrust bearing after 4 to 5 packs is a serious issue!

FIX THE ISSUE AND MAKE YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

(just made a few calls)

it looks like Xray is sending out new revision thrust bearings to importers/distributers to give out,
Old 04-26-2005, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have been flying R/C Helicopter for more than 14 years. Thrust bearings every where, handle a lot more dynamic load then the one we uses in our R/C car. I have not had any thrust bearing failure like what we have in our XRAY diffs.

Perhaps the manufacturer did not meet the load requirement or incorrectly tolerances and fitting. That is why the balls fell out of the retainer ring prematurely.

Dry or no lube has very little to do with XRAY’s thrust bearings fell apart.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by komkit

Dry or no lube has very little to do with XRAY’s thrust bearings fell apart.
ya right drain the oil out of your 1.1 car and see how long it will run
Old 04-26-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

HPI did not charge for the gears and brace.I would also think if you bought the 05FK you would take apart pre built diffs anyway and put lube on them..
Old 04-26-2005, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
HPI did not charge for the gears and brace.I would also think if you bought the 05FK you would take apart pre built diffs anyway and put lube on them..
I think what komkit was saying is that the lube has nothing to do with the thrust bearing going critical mass ...and I agree ...why ...because I took my diffs apart and lubed them including the thrust bearing before I ran the car even once as I had read about the dry diffs by then and my thrust bearing went nuclear just the same.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

My favorite thing about forums, whether on ths one or any other onw, is the people really hav no clue what they are arguing about.

Lets keep in mind some things here:

1. We buy the Xray, knowing the price ahead of time, that there are no multi diffs with the US Kit, no battery strap and no sway bar, yet we still buy it. Why? because we know the car performs like its on rails.

2. It is a high performance piece of equipment, not a RTR backyard basher and unfortunatley shit happens when you drive cars to the limits.

3. I am sure the problem with the Thrust bearings will be solve, mine has not blown,or the two others at my track, but if you are having problems I am sure they will be addressed.

4. For the people out there saying why does it take so long to get a change, you must be wacko, look how long it took Losi to get the JRXS out. Mario needs to make sure whatever change he makes is the proper fix not just a bandaid.

5. If you dont like the car, buy another simple as that. I bought a new chevy last year hated bought a ford, that simple, no complaining just took care of it where it counts.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

... My thrust bearings were toast after about 10 runs. Both of them needed to be replaced with the corally bearings and are working great!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

All the guys at the track were telling me I should buy the XRay thrust bearing when I was having so much trouble with my Corally version. :-D

For what it's worth, Corally makes a ceramic version: COR79164.

Good to hear they're going to do the right thing. I love my Hudy set-up station like a child. I'm glad it doesn't use any XRay thrust bearings though!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

syndr0me,

Dude...you need to be around longer than 5 minutes to realize what's going on.

We were replacing our corally bearings with THE OLD XRAY FACTORY TEAM 04 TRUST BEARINGS.

These, in fact have absolutely no problems....
Old 04-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

<obvious value="troll">
So the "new for '05" bearings I should avoid, but the "busted old '04" bearings are awesome? See, you guys need to tell me these things. I was under the impression manufacturers released new products because they're better. :-D
</obvious>
Old 04-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Syn:

whatever...

More listen, less talk....
Old 04-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by HarshGuy
I think what komkit was saying is that the lube has nothing to do with the thrust bearing going critical mass ...and I agree ...why ...because I took my diffs apart and lubed them including the thrust bearing before I ran the car even once as I had read about the dry diffs by then and my thrust bearing went nuclear just the same.
I agree, I did the same thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.