Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: >

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Um hum....just keep runing those goober smoochers....I'll get ya both back!!

EA
LMAO oh Good Morning Eric how are you today?

See you this weekend BUDDY
Old 11-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Curtis-can I run my DC Ti3 arms in the checkpoint can?

Also-the Zapper is da bomb. I zapped all the cans I have been running for months (years??) and most are faster now.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Just found it slightly amusing that in the motor picture, "Retard" and the arrow on the label are pointing towards Curtis's Name and avatar.

*Insert Beavis & Butthead laugh here*

(just joking of course)
Ahhh, dammit, you got me there ....

<<<<<RETARD

Curt,
Old 11-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default funny

now that is some funny stuff....

can't wait until the stocks come out...
Old 11-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Well I noticed that as well but I still want my checkpoint motors so I figured EA was a better target
Old 11-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

EA: Uhmmm, Uhmmm.....(Cough)...... Sorry dude .... Michael started it so i joined in LOL, good times....

Ray: Sorry dude, you need to buy new arms, and complete DC Checkpoint motors, and a new lathe, and those old crappy EA cells aren’t going to cut it either(those are only good for stock ).....LOL Just kidding, ya the arms are the same....

Curt,
Old 11-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quick question, I won a Peak Raven S 10x2 (Budget V2 endbell) at a race draw, and it went up in smoke in 2 minutes of simply running it down the street.. heh..

Now that I have nearly-new Peak can, could I just buy any mod armature and plunk it into the motor? (Provided I get new brushes to break in, of course..)

The top of the endbell says "TOM", if that's any indication of what kind of can it is..

Or, on the other side of the coin, is it even worth keeping?

Thanks in advance,
Old 11-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
EA: Uhmmm, Uhmmm.....(Cough)...... Sorry dude .... Michael started it so i joined in LOL, good times....

Ray: Sorry dude, you need to buy new arms, and complete DC Checkpoint motors, and a new lathe, and those old crappy EA cells aren’t going to cut it either(those are only good for stock ).....LOL Just kidding, ya the arms are the same....

Curt,
WOW easy now I just insulted EA not his batteries LOL

Hey I catch plenty of it from EA myself I'm just returning the favor.

Don't worry I'll get to hear it all this week AND in cleveland
Old 11-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Just to get your mouths watering, we put a DC 8x1 torque arm in a checkpoint can over the weekend and was amazed. The sheer power of the motor was beyond belief. I had never run anything with that much power! Looking foward to the genuine article off Curtis and we'll all be happy!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Quick question, I won a Peak Raven S 10x2 (Budget V2 endbell) at a race draw, and it went up in smoke in 2 minutes of simply running it down the street.. heh..

Now that I have nearly-new Peak can, could I just buy any mod armature and plunk it into the motor? (Provided I get new brushes to break in, of course..)

The top of the endbell says "TOM", if that's any indication of what kind of can it is..

Or, on the other side of the coin, is it even worth keeping?

Thanks in advance,
Errrrr, not sure how to answer this one.... It's up to you if you want to put a $35 hand wound armature in a $10 can. Yes it will work, but I'm not sure how it would perform... The motor is a budget motor, manufactured as chap as possible, if it performed as good as their V2 series we would see them on the hobby shop shelves selling for $55-$65 USD....

Curtis,
Old 11-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
LMAO, dude your kill'in me .... Just pass it over to EA he'll do just fine .... I'll be pitting next to EA at Snowbirds, I'm gona line up a bunch of motors (like 60 or 70) with the red retard arrow pointing at him and see if he gets it or not ....

Curtis
you'll have to call me Curtis so I can take a picture and post it to www.rc50.com
Old 11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Curtis... Keep up the good work!! I'm glad you have new stock and 19T motors coming soon. The market definitely need more stock motor options!!!!

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Intellect and GP can't control how much the cells will expand but they can control that the cells are 43mm or below when making them. The fact is that a cell will expand as it gets charged for the first time. The Grepow/IP cells are above 43mm before they ever get charged. All these measurements need to be made on cells that have no shrink on them and have yet to be charged.

Danny-SMC... You know as well as I do, that high quality cells like the GPs,IBs and IPs do not expand 0.7mm during any heating, charging, discharging,or zapping process.

However I do agree with you that the GP3700 are approximately 42.9mm as virgin cells. But if virgin IBs and GPs would really be the same length as you claimed, we can easily assume that the IB and GP cells on the market would also be very similar in length..

So how could you explain that all GP3700 cells available in hobby shops, are 42.9-43.2mm and all the IB3800 available in hobby shops are 43.2-43.7mm?

After all, maybe we will all be obligated to race GP3700 cells in ROAR sanctioned events for 2006, if they do not approve the other cells.

For the benefit of the racers, ROAR needs to approve the 3 most popular cells out there, GP3700, IB3800 and IP3800. Racers have them, they currently race with them all over the USA. and they definitely want to race them in ROAR sanction events. By the way, the IP cells have been available in hobby shops since September an they are 43.4-43.9mm ready to race.

Andre
Pole Position Batteries
Old 11-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm sure that if the cells were submitted to ROAR by the deadline and the new measurement specs are approved they will be allowed in competition next year. Popularity should not be allowed to sway those approving or not approving products. They must conform to the rules as they are written/amended. HOWEVER...if ROAR allows a new measurement for cells to be approved and put into place at this late date, the competing companies (GP and IB) should be allowed to retool to the new spec and have their NEW cells approved when they are ready. Especially as they retooled not too long ago when ROAR refused to approve cells that were beyond their 43mm rule. ROAR can't play favorites with this, IFMAR or no IFMAR. If they do approve the new rule it should take effect in the 2007 season. This would be fair to those that have met ROAR's mandated cell measurements.

Were the IP cells submitted to ROAR by the September deadline? If I'm not mistaken, the GP and IB cells were...if they were not...this whole argument is a moot point anyway.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Advil

Were the IP cells submitted to ROAR by the September deadline? If I'm not mistaken, the GP and IB cells were...if they were not...this whole argument is a moot point anyway.
Advil.. Yes the IP3800 were submitted to ROAR in august.

And you are right, ROAR requested GP to change their cells, and reduce the length of the original GP3300 a couple years ago.

We are also ready to have this change done to the IP3800 cells, if ROAR requests us to. ROAR has been advised, and they do realize that the IP3800 cell length will be reduced if they require us to. It is ROAR's decision, they can accept the IP3800 cells as they are now (43.4-43.9 mm ready to race) or ask us to reduce the length, like they did with GP.

However, it's the same situation with the current IB cell, since they are 43.2-43.7mm, ready to race. If the IB cells submitted to ROAR, are really 0.5-0.7 mm shorter than the IB cells available in hobby shops, then there is definitely a problem, and ROAR will need to seriously investigate that situation.

The GP3700 is the only new cell that currently clearly fit the ROAR rule, as the virgin GP3700 cells are 42.9-43.0mm and the GP3700 cells available in hobby shops are 42.9-43.2mm.

I know it's OK with Curtis if we discuss about batteries here. But since this is the DC Motors thread, I think we should try to continue battery discussions in other threads if possible.

[email protected]
Old 11-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

If IB cells are that long then how do you explain these? They came in today. I can measure a lot more if you wish? I measured about 30 cells and all were less than 43mm. Guess your info is wrong....As everyone has been telling you for 2 months now.

EA
Attached Thumbnails DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:-ib-3800_1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.